Price Drop

kattlinx13

Sooooo question. I booked a balcony cabin to Bermuda during November’s Black Friday. I got the (4) perks... drink package, dining, WiFi and excursion credit. I have BE room on the 13th floor. I just made final pymt on 2/5. Now of course the price went down. When I priced out the cruise today...i am paying $1449 p.p-cabin BE. There is balcony in one cabin lower- cabin BE for $999. When I click on that it does let you pick two perks but when you choose this it then says GTY room. Would I be able to change anything now that I have paid in full? It would be $350 less plus I would get a $100 credit.

Thanks. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't do GTY cabins. You might luck out and get one you like, but might also get one you really don't like. Prices go up and down, usually more up than down. As a cruise approaches, if it is slow booking then they have fire sales to fill the ship. This may or may not happen with a cruise. To find out though you have to have the flexibility in your schedule to do last minute cruising. We can't do that. So we just book what we like when we see a price and promo bennies we like. We understand that after final payment, that will be our price....although doesn't hurt to whine for a bit more. Sometimes you'll get a bit extra. But, price drops are not uncommon. Happens to all of us. Just like hotels, airlines, etc.

We just had the same thing happen, called NCL and got upgraded from a BF to a B6. Some consolation but still not great. Not going to book too far out from now on. I only did this last time so that I could use both my Next Cruise certificates on the same booking. From now on will book no more than two months out.

We just had the same thing happen, called NCL and got upgraded from a BF to a B6. Some consolation but still not great. Not going to book too far out from now on. I only did this last time so that I could use both my Next Cruise certificates on the same booking. From now on will book no more than two months out.

Yea, but if you wait until two months out you limit the availability of the more desirable cabins.

Yea, but if you wait until two months out you limit the availability of the more desirable cabins.

And more often than not, the price goes up, not down. No correct answer here. It is going to be based on each guest's schedule flexibility, how bad they want a certain cruise, and also on their desire for specific cabins and locations rather than what is left. Something for everyone.

Our cruise booked in March just went up in price today $300 per person! We are five weeks from sailing. I know this because we have 9 people booked and another couple wanted to join us. Their price for the exact same cabin/category was $300 higher than we paid.

We're lucky in that as long as we get a balcony we are happy, and there are almost at least a few of those left. Plus, with no kids sailing with us we are totally flexible on dates so that really opens things up!

Sooooo question. I booked a balcony cabin to Bermuda during November’s Black Friday. I got the (4) perks... drink package, dining, WiFi and excursion credit. I have BE room on the 13th floor. I just made final pymt on 2/5. Now of course the price went down. When I priced out the cruise today...i am paying $1449 p.p-cabin BE. There is balcony in one cabin lower- cabin BE for $999. When I click on that it does let you pick two perks but when you choose this it then says GTY room. Would I be able to change anything now that I have paid in full? It would be $350 less plus I would get a $100 credit.

Thanks. [emoji4]

If it is a GTY cabin you do not get any perks.

no. any changes to your booking is consider a cancel and rebook. since you are now past final payment, you can not make changes to your booking.

How do you know that OP is past final payent. OP said they made final payment but that doesn't necessarily mean they have reached final payment date. The date is what matters, not whether or not you have paid in full.

Not to beat a dead horse..well...yes, guess i am. But I just checked the current price on the next cruise we have already booked. Cabin has already gone up $850 total for the two of us including the increase in the UBP service charge. You can never book too early.

Not to beat a dead horse..well...yes, guess i am. But I just checked the current price on the next cruise we have already booked. Cabin has already gone up $850 total for the two of us including the increase in the UBP service charge. You can never book too early.

Ehhhh.....I have been on plenty of cruises that bottomed out after final payment with me paying a 1/2 or 1/3 what many of the passengers in the same category are paying. It is hit or miss.

Thanks. [emoji4]

Just curious, if the day after you paid your final payment, the price went UP $500... Would you be willing to pay the difference?