TV Channel Summary for RCCL Ships

Dennis#1

It would be very informative if there was a list of TV channels for each Royal Caribbean cruise ship. The list could include: (1) News channels; (2) Movie channels; and (3) other non-RCCL channels.

Please in this thread: no Politics; no mentioning of any individuals; no statements on whether you like or do not like a particular TV station; and no comments on whether you watch or do not watch TV while on a cruise. Just a list of TV channels please.

Bob, on another thread that was recently closed, you posted a list (Jan. 29) by cruise ships that had the FNC. Sure would be great if you could repost it again on this thread. Thanks.

Edited by Dennis#1

According to your post you demand no politics, opinions, statements or comments. Just a list. Here it is from Jewel two weeks ago:

FOX

CNN

TCM

Junk sitcoms

RCCL promo channels.

RCCL weatherman talking about weather in the Caribbean two days ago.

Ship location map.

In other words, not much beyond cable news. Oops, that was an opinion................. :)

Edited by bouhunter

According to your post you demand no politics, opinions, statements or comments. Just a list. Here it is from Jewel two weeks ago:

FOX

CNN

TCM

Junk sitcoms

RCCL promo channels.

Ship location map.

In other words, not much beyond cable news. Oops, that was an opinion................. :)

Do they still do the dreamworks movie channel? Cartoon Network? Just curious for those with kids?

Do they still do the dreamworks movie channel? Cartoon Network? Just curious for those with kids?

I didn't even know that they played anything other than DreamWorks. When we were in the stateroom (which wasn't much...just waiting while others getting ready, showering, etc), our kids would 'take control' of the tv and that's all they watched...lol.

Definitely Dreamworks and I think Cartoon Network on our last cruise.

"Junk sitcoms" I think refers to a station labelled as TBS, but doesn't follow the programming of the land-based channel, just... well, sitcoms. That channel's episodes are in English, plus the same episodes in Spanish, French, German and another language I couldn't identify.

There is also a music video channel.

FOX

CNN

TCM

Junk sitcoms

RCCL promo channels.

Ship location map.

No, not a demand. Just a request. Thanks for posting the TV channels for the Jewel.

Can I just add I wish there were more movie options and better TV offerings.

I believe I read PCL has much improved their TV.

With all the technology RCI now has...why don't they do a better job.

Sorry if I stepped over the line on your thread with my comments.

Can I just add I wish there were more movie options and better TV offerings....With all the technology RCI now has why don't they do a better job.

I think there might be PPV movies? I've never been interested so I never looked.

I would guess that with the number of ways for people to bring their own movies to watch nowadays, there isn't that much demand for RC to supply them, given the cost.

Definitely Dreamworks and I think Cartoon Network on our last cruise.

"Junk sitcoms" I think refers to a station labelled as TBS, but doesn't follow the programming of the land-based channel, just... well, sitcoms. That channel's episodes are in English, plus the same episodes in Spanish, French, German and another language I couldn't identify.

There is also a music video channel.

Regarding the "Turner" channels (TBS, TCM, TNT, Cartoon Network, truTV, etc), if they are available in RCI channel lineups, they are getting their content from Turner Latin America (Buenos Aires) as opposed to Atlanta. That's why there seems to be an odd mix of spanish and english language commercials and the syndicated shows are often on a different network (Spike, USA, etc) in the USA. Hope that helps explain things a little... :)

The sitcoms appeared to be on a 12 - 24 hour loop, continually repeating. On our last cruise I remember telling my wife it was time to go meet the rest of our party based upon the scene on one of those sitcoms. Had remembered from the day before it was at that same point of the show when I turned off the TV.

On Oasis during the Jan. 28, 2018 cruise:

News Channels

MSNBC

FoxNews

Sky News

BBC

2 ESPN channels

Another BBC channel that had dramas

And of course, the view from the bridge

Thanks Sherri. We will be on the Oasis in early May.

On Oasis during the Jan. 28, 2018 cruise:

News Channels

MSNBC

FoxNews

Sky News

BBC

2 ESPN channels

Another BBC channel that had dramas

And of course, the view from the bridge

Yep, the previous movie channels were all gone that sailing. I heard it was an IT glitch

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Can I just add I wish there were more movie options and better TV offerings.

I believe I read PCL has much improved their TV.

With all the technology RCI now has...why don't they do a better job.

Sorry if I stepped over the line on your thread with my comments.

I'm guessing it's not about technology, it's about money.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you Dennis.

What is Channel 34: SPACE ?

:D:D

Space is a movie channel from Argentina. It is designed as an immersive experience in the common English language for Spanish speaking viewers. It has Spanish commercials for programs to learn English. The movies tend to be action thrillers. We like it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app