Sweet Sixteen or A2

Talex831

We have the sweet sixteen for our upcoming Summit cruise. We can upgrade to A2 for no additional cost. It seems like an easy decision until you look at the balconies. The sweet sixteen is larger and will have sun, the A2 is completely shaded by the overhang of deck 10. I really like my sunshine, but is it worth the sacrifice for Aqua Class. What would you all do?

It also depends on the restaurant you want for your meals, along with other amenities...only you can make that decision, so listen to your gut! I am not a sun worshiper, so the choice would be oh so easy to "Go Blu." Your heart knows the answer...we can only answer from our own experience, but a good friend was disappointed in Blu on your ship, I have also been disappointed in Blu, but never cruise on the Summit!

It depends on what you are after. A larger balcony that may not be utilized or a more luxurious cruising experience .

If you can get one of the balconies on the aft 1133, 1141, 1140, 1138,1130 for a little more you would have the best of both as they are extra large. 1140 is 14ft in depth and has a overhang on half of it. Plus there is easy access to the Sunset Bar and buffet from those aft cabins. On the Summit when we had it there were also full loungers along with the reclining chairs

Personally I like and utilize the balcony but realistically you only need so much space and for the extra benefits of Aqua I would definitely choose AQ. The cabin on the M class are also larger in AQ.

Out of 20 cruises on Celebrity 18 have been in Aqua and the other two in a balcony guarantee because we couldn’t justify the additional $989.75 for Aqua on a 7 day cruise.

If you upgrade to A1 and get a cabin on deck 11 there is no overhang for the balconies along the sides. You are completely exposed to the elements.

Happy cruising 🚢🚢🇺🇸🌅

Aqua without a doubt. Larger cabin, better shower, Blu , Blu, more Captains Club points, footstools on the balcony, did I say Blu;) . Had a sweet 16- too far forward. Large balcony but muchof it exposed to others looking down on you. Balcony only had the standard 2 chairs & small table.

Edited by jelayne
Autocorrected it

Aqua without a doubt. Larger cabin, better shower, Blu , Blu, more Captains Club points, footstools on the balcony, did I say Blu;) . Had a sweet 16- too far forward. Large balcony but muchof it exposed to others looking down on you. Balcony only had the standard 2 chairs & small table.

No footstools on the balconies on the M class ships. The balconies are very narrow. You may have them with loungers on the 5 aft balconies on deck 11

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

What she said. :)

No footstools on the balconies on the M class ships. The balconies are very narrow. You may have them with loungers on the 5 aft balconies on deck 11

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I can confirm no foot stools on the Summit in AQ(even on our large hump balcony). To answer your question, Aqua, especially for the same price.

I would grab the AQ cabin also. However, the OP said the upgrade was to A2. The balcony cabins on deck 11 are all A1.

We upgraded to an A2, and when a great A1 became available, we were given the comp Captain's Club one category upgrade to the A1 for free.

[quote=

If you upgrade to A1 and get a cabin on deck 11 there is no overhang for the balconies along the sides. You are completely exposed to the elements.

Happy cruising 🚢🚢🇺🇸🌅

Those are my favorite cabins and if memory serves me, 1114/15 or so have larger balconies

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

A2! Blu and a much better shower. If you need points the A2 will give 5 per day, balcony 3 per day. Run to make the change before it goes away!!!!