Huge brawl on the Legend, with video.

Thorncroft

Security spent more time trying to take the camera away from the person filming than they did trying to end the fight. SAD they think of PR first and foremost and ending the violence as a secondary issue. Ship happens in the land down under too.

Edited by sanmarcosman

Wow. I hope Carnival sees this and realizes how inadequate their security force is. I swear a right towards the end there’s a security guy that was going to punch a woman wearing a pink skirt right in the face. It’s a good thing they didn’t have any serious threats.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The behavior by “security” and other ship staff is disturbing. They certainly haven’t been trained to de-escalate a volatile situation. Curious to see CCL’s response to this, if any.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CCL response so far; ....safety of passengers and crew bla bla bla...; ...zero tolerance bla bla bla....

I don't think security should be taking shots, kicks, hits at anyone regardless Of how they feel about them. They have a job to do and should be professional at all times. This really makes carnival look bad. This brings up a question: legally can carnival employees stop you from filming with your phone? Can they confiscate your phone and delete pictures and\or video? Does anyone know?

Really need to find out root cause of what caused all this. I have seen people really out of control that act like complete idiots. I'm not saying the staff has the right to kick someone when they are down but sometimes people, whether passenger or not, need a good kicking. I'm pretty sure if he would of calmed down it would not of escalated to this level.

Alcohol and most of the times it is the large groups that cruise together, as they think they own the ship.

The behavior by “security” and other ship staff is disturbing. They certainly haven’t been trained to de-escalate a volatile situation. Curious to see CCL’s response to this, if any.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The security had no clue how to handle the situation. Call me Carnival and I could train your staff.

Yea because this never happens on other cruise lines huh. [emoji848]. YouTube my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The majority of those videos are on Carnival ships but of course Carnival owns hte most ships. Also price point does attract some folks that act differently. though I have yet to see such behavior on any of the Carnival cruises I took. I also don't cruise at the cheapest time of year or 3 day cruises.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

The majority of those videos are on Carnival ships but of course Carnival owns hte most ships. Also price point does attract some folks that act differently. though I have yet to see such behavior on any of the Carnival cruises I took. I also don't cruise at the cheapest time of year or 3 day cruises.

it was a 10 day cruise

More evidence of the fact that the cruise lines have lowered the bar so far that the ferals are now able to afford a ticket. Another great reason to avoid mass market cruise ships.

Those "ferals" somehow can afford to waft down a fortune in alcohol.The ship even encourages it with a drinks package challenge.The ship's fare is just incidental.

Collect their names, ban them on all shipping airline travel , seize assets to compensate for loss of other's holiday pleasure.

Sorry security behaviour appalling outnumbered, ill equipped , should have cuffed and carried them off to the brig

Those people fighting are idiots. But what’s with all that kicking by the security guards?!?! They haven’t been trained to subdue in a better, more effective way?

The effective way would be mace, Taser, batons and other crowd control equipment which they didn't have. Or they could simply stay on the sideline and did nothing until someone was killed So what do you suggest they should do to beak up a brawl other than engaging in some hand-to-hand combat themselves? The talking and reasoning stage was long over as soon as the fight broke out.

The effective way would be mace, Taser, batons and other crowd control equipment which they didn't have. Or they could simply stay on the sideline and did nothing until someone was killed So what do you suggest they should do to beak up a brawl other than engaging in some hand-to-hand combat themselves? The talking and reasoning stage was long over as soon as the fight broke out.

Agreed! better equipped and trained staff .These people need to be locked up and removed in shortest time possible.

"Wow, I went to the fights and a cruise ship broke out!"

Agreed in general, but I can think of no reasonable excuse for a security guard to kick someone when they're already down on the ground.