A quick note on elevator bullies

perditax

So, do you classify people who jump on an elevator a Bully? It is common in many cultures. So you label people based on your culture and beliefs????

Yep, I sure do. Just like in their country, or area, they label me. Such is life:halo:

Threads like this make me wonder if I have made a mistake booking my first ever cruise.

I am one of those disabled people that appear outwardly "normal"... but am far from it.

Embarkation, muster, and elevators are my concerns and pose the largest risk to my well being. This cruise is one of my bucket list items.

Ah, dont worry. Everything will be just fine for you. Just get one of those V-Blades, like on those snowplow trucks on the highway, for the front of your scooter or wheelchair, and you watch and see all those morons get out of the way and give you space. Enjoy your cruise!!!:hearteyes:

Now, Now. We don't remove tips. We remove Daily service charges. Not even close to being the same thing.;p;p;p

Semantic difference only. Just an excuse to cheap out. But whatever makes you feel better about doing it.

i

Edited by Doug R.

Life is too short to get upset about an elevator. If they won't let you off, ride past your floor and go back to it. Like the impatient people who cram into the elevator thinking that their life will end if they have to wait another minute, people can stay in the elevator a minute if it is too hard to get out.

This is just common elevator manners and courtesy. This has nothing to do with "life being short".

Obviously this thread makes me say 'WTH' but isn't it common sense if you are on an elevator and the elevator stops on a floor that is NOT yours and you're close to the doors, you look around to see who DOES need to get off and then move out of their way, including stepping off the elevator if you need to. :rolleyes:

Do you realize that people have actually been charged and found guilty of assault for doing that?

Do you realize that not moving out of the way when asked constitutes false imprisonment and people can easily be charged with that?

Under Florida law, the essence of false imprisonment is the act of depriving the alleged victim of personal liberty or freedom of movement for any length of time. Standing in a doorway and preventing someone from moving past you without physically moving you is a common charge of false imprisonment.I really don't see how an elevator is any different than a bathroom or other small, enclosed room. In which case sneezing, or even physically moving the individual, becomes a case of personal defense against unwanted false imprisonment.

No one has mentioned those occasions when a person steps off the elevator, allowing people to exit, only to find themselves unable to get back on. It happens and if you're not quick and vocal you're out of luck!

Like a previous poster, we frequently go up in order to go down. Sometimes it's just easier....

I'd like to see a beeline like they have at the bank. The most frustrating thing to me is waiting for an elevator & have people who arrived after us get on because they were closer to the elevator when its doors opened!

Do you realize that not moving out of the way when asked constitutes false imprisonment and people can easily be charged with that?

Under Florida law, the essence of false imprisonment is the act of depriving the alleged victim of personal liberty or freedom of movement for any length of time. Standing in a doorway and preventing someone from moving past you without physically moving you is a common charge of false imprisonment.I really don't see how an elevator is any different than a bathroom or other small, enclosed room. In which case sneezing, or even physically moving the individual, becomes a case of personal defense against unwanted false imprisonment.

Quite an imagination you have there.

Wow. Interesting thread. Might I suggest you either switch to decaf or get a grip on life.

Dude, put the keyboard away for the night.

Seriously laughing out loud. Boggles, the mind, doesn't it?

So does deciding to blow sneeze spittle on ‘an offender’ or physically shoving them as a solution is a justifiable retaliation for them not doing what you want.

Most ships today have too few elevators to handle the capacity at certain times, at predictable specific times, and at peak times.

It’s frustrating and people need to cope, very little can be done about it.

I guess bitching helps some to blow off steam and commiserate, but it’s not going to change a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are many many people who know nothing about elevator etiquette and there may be good reasons, one as simple as they have had no opportunity to learn it. And it is learned.

Very true: Most Trailer Parks don't have elevators.

My bad knees were acting up on my last cruise and I was having trouble with the rough seas. My daughter suggested I purchase a cane at our first stop. I’m glad she did. Right after getting my cane we were waiting for an elevator and a lady behind me picked up her cane and pushed past me forcing me to use my cane to keep from falling. There were gasps from other passengers and one “Did you see that?”

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And as someone else pointed out already, best way to clear the elevator is to let out a loud, greasy, make-your-eyes-water FART.

Even better to aim in the direction of the passenger that announces they just removed the DSC.

And as someone else pointed out already, best way to clear the elevator is to let out a loud, greasy, make-your-eyes-water FART.

Even better to aim in the direction of the passenger that announces they just removed the DSC.

You have to add "do you smell fresh popcorn" so everyone gets a good nose full.

Try that silly line of defense in a court of law and see how far you get.

Woman steps into a both ATM in Tampa FL to withdraw money. Man steps in and stands in the doorway. Woman is done and asks the man to step aside, man smiles but says nothing nor moves. Woman draws a firearm from her purse and calls 911. Man is arrested. Charge - false imprisonment.

Man is in a men's restroom at a bar in Plant City, another man comes in and begins verbally accosting him. First man attempts to leave and second man physically blocks the door. First man strikes second man, fight continues. Police arrive. Second man arrested. Charge - false imprisonment.

Husband and wife are separated, man comes to pick up his daughter (legally) and begins arguing with wife in Tampa. 3rd floor apartment, one exit. Husband attempts to leave with daughter. Wife blocks door and states you are not leaving until we are done. Husband calls 911. Wife arrested. Charge - false imprisonment.

If you still think it is far fetched I can tell you some REALLY far fetched arrests. Like the store clerk who discovered the store safe was broken so he took the drawer money home at night, and then got arrested in the morning when he came to work, with the money.

Oh, and just to be clear, pushing someone is battery, a criminal act. So if you are pushing your way out of the elevator you are already committing battery.

784.03 Battery; felony battery.—(1)(a) The offense of battery occurs when a person:1. Actually and intentionally touches or strikes another person against the will of the other; or

This wasn't cruise-related, but on our recent Florida vacation, we collected our bags at MCO and waiting for the elevator to get to transportation downstairs. Our family was clearly there first, waiting for the next elevator when these two ladies came barrelling through. One of them clearly cut off my 9 year old daughter and almost knocked her over with her bags. Oh boy. I called her out on it and her friend was like "She was ahead of her!" Wooooow. I didn't say anything back to her as my daughter was all eyes on me after that, but I definitely stared her down until we got off and just laughed at her when getting off.

Losers.

Woman steps into a both ATM in Tampa FL to withdraw money. Man steps in and stands in the doorway. Woman is done and asks the man to step aside, man smiles but says nothing nor moves. Woman draws a firearm from her purse and calls 911. Man is arrested. Charge - false imprisonment.

Man is in a men's restroom at a bar in Plant City, another man comes in and begins verbally accosting him. First man attempts to leave and second man physically blocks the door. First man strikes second man, fight continues. Police arrive. Second man arrested. Charge - false imprisonment.

Husband and wife are separated, man comes to pick up his daughter (legally) and begins arguing with wife in Tampa. 3rd floor apartment, one exit. Husband attempts to leave with daughter. Wife blocks door and states you are not leaving until we are done. Husband calls 911. Wife arrested. Charge - false imprisonment.

If you still think it is far fetched I can tell you some REALLY far fetched arrests. Like the store clerk who discovered the store safe was broken so he took the drawer money home at night, and then got arrested in the morning when he came to work, with the money.

Oh, and just to be clear, pushing someone is battery, a criminal act. So if you are pushing your way out of the elevator you are already committing battery.

784.03 Battery; felony battery.—(1)(a) The offense of battery occurs when a person:1. Actually and intentionally touches or strikes another person against the will of the other; or

Don’t you just love lawyers

Sent from my iPhone using Forums