Celebrity Suite v. Sky Suite (M-class)

Beachlover1989

Besides the larger room with a separate bedroom, there is not much difference in perks. You might get a shoreside concierge call to check if you need any special requests. I did, but others have said that is not the case. I think you get luggage valet free also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm trying to decide between a Sky Suite and a Celebrity Suite and wondered if anyone can tell me if there are benefits worth the extra cost of the Celebrity Suite. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Depends on your budget. The Celebrity suite has a full living room dining room combo. It has a large his/her walk in closet with a vanity area. The bathroom has a tub/shower combo. The other perks are the same for sky vs. celebrity suites. A couple of comments, the shower tub combo are very high and not great for short people. The ship hasn't redone the celebrity or sky suites, so the furniture isn't great. If you can snag sky suites 6145 or 6146, I would suggest you consider them. While the sky suites aren't nearly as large as the celebrity suites, the bathroom is enormous only on those two sky suites, with double sinks and walk in shower and a separate bathtub.

Do what works with your budget- both great options. Enjoy

I believe that in many/most of the Celebrity suites, the bedroom does not overlook the ocean. That was the real dealbreaker for us, as we love looking out over the waves and listening to the sounds of the water. (Shhhh ... I never said we prop our door open. Here come the scoldings.) The aft corner sky suites on the S class are our absolute favorites. In fact, we passed up an opportunity of a free upgrade to stay in our S1.

I believe that in many/most of the Celebrity suites, the bedroom does not overlook the ocean. That was the real dealbreaker for us, as we love looking out over the waves and listening to the sounds of the water. (Shhhh ... I never said we prop our door open. Here come the scoldings.) The aft corner sky suites on the S class are our absolute favorites. In fact, we passed up an opportunity of a free upgrade to stay in our S1.

You are correct. None of the Celebrity Suites on the M-Class ships have any view. In fact they are a total dark room with no windows. That is one thing we like as it allows us to sleep in uninterrupted by light.

I love the CS as they are truly a suite with a separate bedroom, dining area and living room. It is very appealing to those that get up at different times.

I believe that in many/most of the Celebrity suites, the bedroom does not overlook the ocean. That was the real dealbreaker for us, as we love looking out over the waves and listening to the sounds of the water.

Yes I agree. If the bedroom had its own access to a balcony the suite would be great. For 2 people the Sky Suites are great.

The Celebrity Suites on m-class have a terrific location: right in the center, each having 1/2 of the 180 degree bump out. The veranda isn't that deep, but it is s-o-o-o long. We had the front-facing side with a Venice sail-in. In the future I would choose the aft-facing side to minimize wind on sea days. We also loved the 'inside' bedroom for quiet and darkness, and the living room for the great views and the proper dining table. The bathtub is a little tricky to get out of -- make sure your partner is around to lend a helping hand!

Thank you so much for all the information so far. I've found some photos online and the only thing that is holding me back in booking the CS is the balcony - it doesn't seem very private and looks like basically all the other decks can see you if they're standing against the railing. Is that the case?

Thank you so much for all the information so far. I've found some photos online and the only thing that is holding me back in booking the CS is the balcony - it doesn't seem very private and looks like basically all the other decks can see you if they're standing against the railing. Is that the case?

Not at all. Yes they can see the rail area if they look around. I recommend the CS just behind the bump. That bump really blocks the wind when the ship is moving. For us we enjoy the CS cabin. That is the only cabin we`ll book on the this class ship. I do wish the bathrooms were larger like a Princess suite.

Adding to this thread.

Please give your opinion on the following. We currently have a CS booked on an M-class ship. Everyone keeps mentioning the tub is high. We are treating my grandma to the "suite life," but she is in her late 80s. I am now wondering if we should sacrifice our privacy for a Sky Suite to make it easier for her to get in on her own. I have only experienced a Sky Suite tub height on Eclipse which I think she could manage since she has a tub/shower combination at home.

Thanks in advance.

Adding to this thread.

Please give your opinion on the following. We currently have a CS booked on an M-class ship. Everyone keeps mentioning the tub is high. We are treating my grandma to the "suite life," but she is in her late 80s. I am now wondering if we should sacrifice our privacy for a Sky Suite to make it easier for her to get in on her own. I have only experienced a Sky Suite tub height on Eclipse which I think she could manage since she has a tub/shower combination at home.

Thanks in advance.

The tubs in both the Sky Suite and the Celebrity Suite are taller than those on the S-Class. On our last cruise on Infinity we had friends in a Sky Suite and compared tub heights.

The one in the CS is about 2-3" higher than that in a Sky Suite. The main difference is that in a Sky suite you have a small step 2-3 inches between the bedroom to the floor of the bathroom while in the CS the floor is level.

I would say Grandma in late 80's would have a difficult time navigating either tub, but would have more of a problem in a CS. I find getting out is harder than getting in as their is really not a convenient hand rail to assist. A Royal Suite would be a perfect choice as it has both a bathtub and a walk in shower.

Just a couple of quick comments -- we have been in CS on both S- and M-class ships. While I like having the two doors into the CS bathroom on the S-class ships, my husband really likes having a dining room table on the M-class ships (the S-class CS have an oversized coffee table).

I am 5' high when I stand nice and tall, and actually don't problems with the CS tubs. In rough seas I just sit on the edge of the tub and swing my legs over. Would that be an option for publicidenity's grandmother?

Adding to this thread.

Thanks in advance.

She has to be careful. As long as she can lift her legs up- and goes in carefully- shouldn't be a problem. The suite is really nice and has so much more room then the sky suite- Which IMO is like a Jr. suite on RC- but the closet isn't nearly as nice.

Have done both- and enjoy both- but as I said previously if you go with a Sky suite- try to get 6145 or 6146 the bathroom is the best! Budget should be your determining factor- no really comparison.

When I am in a Sky suite I always take a mat for the inside of the tub. While part of the tub has the rough bottom to prevent slipping, the end away from the shower head (which is the one you use to get out of the tub) does not have this rough finish and can be slippery. After suffering a fall from a high tub in Estonia, I always travel with a tub mat. I don't have any experience with CS.

Carolyn

The tubs in both the Sky Suite and the Celebrity Suite are taller than those on the S-Class. On our last cruise on Infinity we had friends in a Sky Suite and compared tub heights.

The one in the CS is about 2-3" higher than that in a Sky Suite. The main difference is that in a Sky suite you have a small step 2-3 inches between the bedroom to the floor of the bathroom while in the CS the floor is level.

I would say Grandma in late 80's would have a difficult time navigating either tub, but would have more of a problem in a CS. I find getting out is harder than getting in as their is really not a convenient hand rail to assist. A Royal Suite would be a perfect choice as it has both a bathtub and a walk in shower.

Please note: The CS bathroom on M-Class has a somewhat higher tub than the Sky Suite as you mention. We have stayed in both. In addition, we also found that the CS bathroom not only has a higher tub but more difficult access to it because of the very tight toilet location right next to the tub. Not easy to sit and maneuver if you cannot step over it. Not a good design!

Thanks everyone! Right now I am thinking I will call the concierge and see if they have a height dimension. Then call Grandma and have her practice at home and let us know. I will check to see if anyone cancels their 6144/43 Sky suite since they sound nice.

And thanks for the idea that she might be able to swing over.

Thanks everyone! Right now I am thinking I will call the concierge and see if they have a height dimension. Then call Grandma and have her practice at home and let us know. I will check to see if anyone cancels their 6144/43 Sky suite since they sound nice.

And thanks for the idea that she might be able to swing over.

6144/43 are not Sky Suites, they are concierge class cabins.

6145/46 are the sky Suites with the big bathrooms.

Adding to this thread.

Thanks in advance.

We were in a CS on the Millennium this past summer. The tub is much higher than an S-class sky suite. It could be because they are jetted, the motor is underneath the tub which raises it several inches. I remember thinking that my parents (86) would have a great deal of difficulty using it. The only option will be to sit and swing her legs over the edge. My feeling is that your grandmother will need help. There are no grab bars. At 59, very fit & athletic it felt unsafe to me.

Here are videos of Sky suite 6146 and Celebrity7140 suite on Connie

We have 6146 on Infinty for a 15 night Panama Canal Cruise. What is the closet space like? I read conflicting reports on hanging closet space. Some people say it is just fine. Others have said that Celebrity provided them with a standing clothes rack. Seems to me that would spoil the ambiance. I would appreciate your input. Thanks.

We have 6146 on Infinty for a 15 night Panama Canal Cruise. What is the closet space like? I read conflicting reports on hanging closet space. Some people say it is just fine. Others have said that Celebrity provided them with a standing clothes rack. Seems to me that would spoil the ambiance. I would appreciate your input. Thanks.

Closet space is minimal. We had a standing rack put in the (large) entry way. Somewhat out of sight but not completely. Not a fan of the door to the balcony (not a sliding door). Overall I think the positives and negatives of this room are pretty much even.

• 10 months later...
On 2/26/2018 at 5:27 PM, Northern Aurora said:

Just a couple of quick comments -- we have been in CS on both S- and M-class ships. While I like having the two doors into the CS bathroom on the S-class ships, my husband really likes having a dining room table on the M-class ships (the S-class CS have an oversized coffee table).

I am 5' high when I stand nice and tall, and actually don't problems with the CS tubs. In rough seas I just sit on the edge of the tub and swing my legs over. Would that be an option for publicidenity's grandmother?

I am only very slightly taller than you are at 5'1". I have seen youtube videos showing the CS tubs. Did you get out the same way you got in by sitting on the edge? In addition to sitting on the edge and swinging legs over, could the vanity sink be used to steady oneself getting over the edge when entering and exiting the tub? The youtube videos show a grab bar although it seems out of reach when getting in. We have a jacuzzi bathtub at home and ours seems taller than what I am seeing in the youtube videos. Maybe I better practice on our jacuzzi bathtub as I use the separate shower which I much prefer.

6 hours ago, TourDeCruise said:

I am only very slightly taller than you are at 5'1". I have seen youtube videos showing the CS tubs. Did you get out the same way you got in by sitting on the edge? In addition to sitting on the edge and swinging legs over, could the vanity sink be used to steady oneself getting over the edge when entering and exiting the tub? The youtube videos show a grab bar although it seems out of reach when getting in. We have a jacuzzi bathtub at home and ours seems taller than what I am seeing in the youtube videos. Maybe I better practice on our jacuzzi bathtub as I use the separate shower which I much prefer.

I'm 5'7" and couldn't get out of the CS tub on M-class without my very-DW's assistance.  If there was a grab bar, it was not useful.  I really hope that the Revolution will replace those very high tubs with low ones.  But our recent cabin crawl on Edge showed tubs in the top suites that are at least as difficult as those old ones.  Apparently the designers are all young and athletic, not old and decrepit like me :classic_wink: