Connections Party

marlute2102

Hi guys, we are sailing on the Equinox in September, for the Southern Caribbean. Very much looking forward to it as you can imagine from here in Australia!! Anyway, my question is, has anyone found a way to register for the Meet and Mingle (or Connections Party) for this or other cruises. Each time I enter the information regarding the cruise, it comes back with

No Cruise Critic Party details has been found on the given sailDate. This has been happening for a few months now, contacted Celebrity and they just thank you for letting them know!! Is there another workaround that you may have found?

The most reliable way is to call 1-844-418-6824 in the USA. Since I notice you are from Australia, I recommend sending an email to CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com. Title your email Cruise Critic Connections Sign Up and include your names, reservation number, ship and sail date. Also include your phone number and request an acknowledgement. Good luck!

Thanks for the info, will see if that works. Looks like a great cruise, quiet different then the South Pacific islands:p On another topic, if you don't mind, we are getting off the Mariner of The Seas and hoping on the Equinox the same morning. Is there a way to have luggage moved (other than using your own arms & legs, lol) from one ship to the other, given that it is the same parent company?

The most reliable way is to call 1-844-418-6824 in the USA. Since I notice you are from Australia, I recommend sending an email to CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com. Title your email Cruise Critic Connections Sign Up and include your names, reservation number, ship and sail date. Also include your phone number and request an acknowledgement. Good luck!

On a recent cruise, we had a similar problem. I called the number in question and was told I had registered. There was no change in the number for the Meet and Greet online. Information was never forwarded to the ship and I received no invitation for the event. The best way is to go to Guest Relations when you board and ask for one. We had a representative do just that. It will be posted on the bulletin board by Guest Relations. Also, talk it up on your Roll Call to see if there is interest. The Meet and Greets are typically held on the first sea day at around 10:15 am.

The issue is not with Celebrity but with the Cruise Critic Connections link. Others on our itinerary say that CC claims to be aware of it and working on it but the issue has persisted for several months. On our Roll Call it has been issuing the same "6 reservations have been made to date" message with each new registration. We have well over 25 registered with that same message. We have been calling the Celebrity Captains Club at 800-760-0654 and register directly with them to assure we are correctly added to the list. Not sure if that is a US number only but that is what we have used.

We did a side by side between the Constellation and Reflection. We asked many on board about luggage transfers and no one could help.

We were told that we could stay on board until 11:00 and that was false. They kicked us off at 9:30. We had to retrieve our luggage and get it over a few piers to where the Reflection was. It was very challenging because passengers were also getting offf that ship and the area was congested. The luggage handlers weren’t set up yet to take our luggage so we just hung around until they were. Gave them our luggage and then went and stood outside the terminal waiting to get in .

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The issue is not with Celebrity but with the Cruise Critic Connections link. Others on our itinerary say that CC claims to be aware of it and working on it but the issue has persisted for several months.

Actually it's been longer than a few months. AND it's happened to me on repeated cruises.

I sent an email about a month ago. Late last week, I received a phone call to let me know they had received my email and we were listed for the CC party. I asked about the website link and was told they are NOT working on it because they were revamping the entire website.

I suggested that it would be better for their customers if they removed the current link and replaced it with a simple link to the appropriate email. An automatic acknowledgement email could easily be set up. I was told what a "great idea" that was and she would suggest it to management. Yeah, right.

My opinion is that Celebrity has decided that this is a way to show off their "one touch hospitality". Annoying as far as I'm concerned, but very, very minor in the big picture.

Glad to see they are still doing them. It's been a few years (maybe 4-5 Celebrity cruises ago) that I attended one. Thought they did away with them when you could not register through Cruise Critic.

This is not a Cruise Critic issue. This is a Celebrity issue and clearly Celebrity doesn't give a fig. You can call in all you want, the information is not going to make it to the ship. I just did a cruise in January where people had been told they were registered. The ship knew nothing about it. Thanks to quick action by Maja, world's best Suite Manager, a party was organized and the people we had a cabin number for received notification.

Just go to Guest Relations and ask them about the time and place for the gathering. They have a schedule of all registered events for the cruise.[/quot

That may not work if people "think" they are signing up, but the information is not getting to the ship. If the ship has less than 25 people that they know about, the event will not even be on their horizon.

From Host Anne's excellent Silhouette review last week.

CRUISE CRITIC PARTY

The saga of struggling to register for Cruise Critic parties on Celebrity’s website continues. Most could not register through the link posted to Celebrity’s website. Some called the Captain’s Club number(1-800-760-0654) and explained the problem and the Captain’s Club representative helped them register. Even though I received a email telling me I was registered (just two of us total) that didn’t mean anything. The majority of us never received a notice in the cabin about the party. Several did but it seems it was only those who called the Captains Club.

In speaking with the event coordinator, she said that on Silhouette,the Cruise Critic party is always the first sea day at 10:15 AM in Cellar Masters. Because of the ongoing struggle with on-line registration they plan to automatically host the party regardless of what number of registrations they receive. So if you are sailing Silhouette in the future, plan to show up at 10:15 AM on the first sea day. You can also ask for the Event Coordinator at guest relations and they’ll find her for you to confirm the time and location. I was also told that the time and location are posted on the Community Board at guest relations….so you can look there as well if you think of it (I never do).

All that said, we had about 30 people show up for the party today. It was very nice with a variety of officers in attendance, too. The Captain, Staff Captain, Guest Relations Manager, Cruise Director and more joined us in Cellar Masters. It’s always nice when they stop by to say hello. We're on board 3/11 so we'll see if this works.

I registered online and received the e-mail saying I was registered for the Meet & Mingle but when I called today they had no record that I had signed up online. So people like me that are new cruisers or ones that don't read a lot on CC would think they are registered when they are not.

On a recent cruise, we had a similar problem. I called the number in question and was told I had registered. There was no change in the number for the Meet and Greet online. Information was never forwarded to the ship and I received no invitation for the event. The best way is to go to Guest Relations when you board and ask for one. We had a representative do just that. It will be posted on the bulletin board by Guest Relations. Also, talk it up on your Roll Call to see if there is interest. The Meet and Greets are typically held on the first sea day at around 10:15 am.

Had the same problem They really need to get that fixed. Other than that we had a great time on the Silhouette

Thanks Keeser. Looks like everyone is in the same boat (no pun intended:p) when it comes to booking a M&G with Celebrity. Have never had a problem with RCL, same company, different web design:confused: Anyway, have sent a email off to Celebrity One Touch, see if I get a reply or just put on the list. Will see guest services when we board as you suggested.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped.

Great result:D Will try the same when we board Equinox.

From Host Anne's excellent Silhouette review last week.

CRUISE CRITIC PARTY

The saga of struggling to register for Cruise Critic parties on Celebrity’s website continues. Most could not register through the link posted to Celebrity’s website. Some called the Captain’s Club number(1-800-760-0654) and explained the problem and the Captain’s Club representative helped them register. Even though I received a email telling me I was registered (just two of us total) that didn’t mean anything. The majority of us never received a notice in the cabin about the party. Several did but it seems it was only those who called the Captains Club.

In speaking with the event coordinator, she said that on Silhouette,the Cruise Critic party is always the first sea day at 10:15 AM in Cellar Masters. Because of the ongoing struggle with on-line registration they plan to automatically host the party regardless of what number of registrations they receive. So if you are sailing Silhouette in the future, plan to show up at 10:15 AM on the first sea day. You can also ask for the Event Coordinator at guest relations and they’ll find her for you to confirm the time and location. I was also told that the time and location are posted on the Community Board at guest relations….so you can look there as well if you think of it (I never do).

All that said, we had about 30 people show up for the party today. It was very nice with a variety of officers in attendance, too. The Captain, Staff Captain, Guest Relations Manager, Cruise Director and more joined us in Cellar Masters. It’s always nice when they stop by to say hello. We're on board 3/11 so we'll see if this works.

We were told by the event coordinator that had it not been for the persistence of a couple of cruisers, there would not have been a party as only 18 had signed up. I had registered online and received a confirmation. I also called the 800 number and registered. No record of it on the ship. So my suggestion is for someone on the Roll Call to take responsibility for dealing with the event coordinator directly when boarding. It is held, as mentioned, at 10:15 on the first sea day at Cellar Masters. Alternate location is Lawn Club Grill.

Thanks for your great suggestions.

We were told by the event coordinator that had it not been for the persistence of a couple of cruisers, there would not have been a party as only 18 had signed up. I had registered online and received a confirmation. I also called the 800 number and registered. No record of it on the ship. So my suggestion is for someone on the Roll Call to take responsibility for dealing with the event coordinator directly when boarding. It is held, as mentioned, at 10:15 on the first sea day at Cellar Masters. Alternate location is Lawn Club Grill.