The Many Choices of Edge Dining Venues: How Do We Choose?

vtcruising

Thank you. I'm really hoping we can do this on the 12/6 cruise, have Le Grand Bistro booked for one nite. Can't do it on our 1/20 cruise because I have a group of 24 and even though many want to do it, there's no nite where the restaurant can accommodate that many of us so I can't even book the restaurant! Been working with my rep but I'm lucky I even go our dining booked for the whole group for all 7 nites in all 4 restaurants!!!! :o

That's great that you were able to get your group booked in all of the MDRs. If you want to sneak away from your group on the 21st at 8:00, you can join us at Le Petit Chef. :D

I realized that the Le Petit Chef menu isn't on this thread so will post the one now being done in Qsine on other ships. My understanding is that the current presentation is related to the 1st menu and if you choose the second menu (or ask for vegetarian, gluten free, etc.) your food won't match the presentation (but some people say it's still fun).

I&DEb8=Om1.jpg

So it seems Q sine as we knew it is officially done, at least on EDGE! There will be many other venues to choose from on EDGE so it won't be missed that much...and for some Q sine was a one and done anyhow.

On other ships it will be more of a loss if it is not there....won't be much specialty dining to select from if we do not like Sushi or the Petit Chef concept/menu...Just Tuscan, again! Hope they keep Silk Harvest on Equinox we really enjoy it..

That's great that you were able to get your group booked in all of the MDRs. If you want to sneak away from your group on the 21st at 8:00, you can join us at Le Petit Chef. :D

oh my goodness, that would be so wonderful but since there's 9 of us who are on our 4th 'annual girls cruise' I 'don't think 'sneaking' is an option!!!

My notes say there's already 16 who want to do this on the Edge...trying to figure out how to make it work. But if you can get it on the 12/6 sailing the four of us are booked into Le Grand Bistro on the 7th so let's do it!!!

oh my goodness, that would be so wonderful but since there's 9 of us who are on our 4th 'annual girls cruise' I 'don't think 'sneaking' is an option!!!

My notes say there's already 16 who want to do this on the Edge...trying to figure out how to make it work. But if you can get it on the 12/6 sailing the four of us are booked into Le Grand Bistro on the 7th so let's do it!!!

Hi, J...

I've otherwise reported here on Cruise Critic that Le Petit Chef fully replaced Qsine on Infinity as of 17 May [the day I boarded in San Diego for my 17 night back-to-back]…

I didn't do it--you know how I am about avoiding all finfish and most seafood including lobster [instead went to Tuscan Grille four times!]--but I will say that it quickly became wildly popular with very high marks for both the food and the entertainment/animation [which, for now--I understand it might eventually become customizable to the guest's menu preferences--is geared to the standard menu]…

I'll be eager to get your personal assessment! Have fun!

BH...

--M

Hi, J...

I've otherwise reported here on Cruise Critic that Le Petit Chef fully replaced Qsine on Infinity as of 17 May [the day I boarded in San Diego for my 17 night back-to-back]…

I didn't do it--you know how I am about avoiding all finfish and most seafood including lobster [instead went to Tuscan Grille four times!]--but I will say that it quickly became wildly popular with very high marks for both the food and the entertainment/animation [which, for now--I understand it might eventually become customizable to the guest's menu preferences--is geared to the standard menu]…

I'll be eager to get your personal assessment! Have fun!

BH...

--M

Hey, you're back? You'll have mail momentarily!!!

Thanks for the info

bh

j

Sounds like this would be fun with a group! :D

Has anyone heard or inquired as to if the Le Petit Chef, will be included with the dinning package? It says it is $55 per person, and given that Eden is $65, one would think it should be.

Has anyone heard or inquired as to if the Le Petit Chef, will be included with the dinning package? It says it is $55 per person, and given that Eden is $65, one would think it should be.

When it was only going to be 1-2 times a cruise, I would have guessed no, but since it is now twice/night every night (at least for 2 cruises that I looked at), I wonder.

I emailed my "buddy", Ivana, the Edge dining administrator to ask. I also asked if the plan was to continue every night at 6 and 8 Le Petit Chef with the Le Grand Bistro dinner menu no longer being offered. I will let you know when she responds. :D

Thank you very much! I am hoping that it is. On a side note, has anyone been able to actually book using their dinning package via Ivana? I was hoping that maybe we would book prior to getting on the cruise.

When it was only going to be 1-2 times a cruise, I would have guessed no, but since it is now twice/night every night (at least for 2 cruises that I looked at), I wonder.

I emailed my "buddy", Ivana, the Edge dining administrator to ask. I also asked if the plan was to continue every night at 6 and 8 Le Petit Chef with the Le Grand Bistro dinner menu no longer being offered. I will let you know when she responds. :D

Thank you very much! I am hoping that it is. On a side note, has anyone been able to actually book using their dinning package via Ivana? I was hoping that maybe we would book prior to getting on the cruise.

Early on, one person did it for a large group, but no one since has reported being able to do it. I don't think it is really meant to allow people to pre-book - I haven't heard of that happening before.

Hopefully, if you go to one of the Specialty Restaurant tables as soon as you board, you will be able to book what you want. :)

Thank you. I have never had a problem booking when we get on board in the past, so I am hoping for the same experience. I have all my preferred times, nights and places already picked, in addition to alternative options! hopefully I can hand them my paper and proceed to Eden for a drink! Can’t wait for Edge! It’s getting close!

Early on, one person did it for a large group, but no one since has reported being able to do it. I don't think it is really meant to allow people to pre-book - I haven't heard of that happening before.

Hopefully, if you go to one of the Specialty Restaurant tables as soon as you board, you will be able to book what you want. :)

Sounds like this would be fun with a group! :D

Join us...we're doing second nite, Dec 7, at 6.

Back in the day ;) they would only allow so many reservations to be made online reserving about 1/3 for those who board and don't use the internet. The last time we were on, as soon as we boarded, I went to dining to request times, as usual. The Maitre D' said they were all booked up except for 6 and 8 or later...for every single nite!

That was a challenge so this time I made sure to book everything for every single nite...and with 24 in my group that was quite the challenge! ( at least for the Select dining...)

That being said...for a couple...there might be changes once we're onboard to 'slip' into a slot somewhere.

I remember when Qsine was first introduced it was really tough to get a reservation, but our last sailing they were begging people to come to the restaurant!!!

Join us...we're doing second nite, Dec 7, at 6.

Back in the day ;) they would only allow so many reservations to be made online reserving about 1/3 for those who board and don't use the internet. The last time we were on, as soon as we boarded, I went to dining to request times, as usual. The Maitre D' said they were all booked up except for 6 and 8 or later...for every single nite!

That was a challenge so this time I made sure to book everything for every single nite...and with 24 in my group that was quite the challenge! ( at least for the Select dining...)

That being said...for a couple...there might be changes once we're onboard to 'slip' into a slot somewhere.

I remember when Qsine was first introduced it was really tough to get a reservation, but our last sailing they were begging people to come to the restaurant!!!

Thanks! I will make a reservation now. It should be fun! :D

Thank you. I have never had a problem booking when we get on board in the past, so I am hoping for the same experience. I have all my preferred times, nights and places already picked, in addition to alternative options! hopefully I can hand them my paper and proceed to Eden for a drink! Can’t wait for Edge! It’s getting close!

I am getting excited about Eden too. I just went through one of the videos again this week and it looks like a cool place, with wonderful views. I am looking forward to discovering all the nooks and crannies.

I hope there are enough outside seats - they will be popular, most likely. It would be nice to go outside under the open glassed in part when the ship is at sea (little wind hopefully) and bring complimentary beverages and casual culinary bites from the Eden Cafe.

So much to see and so little time..... :D

Just to make sure this info is added to this dining thread in case people don't read the other threads related to this issue:

Le Grand Bistro will now serve Le Petit Chef every night, twice a night at 6 and 8 and will be called Le Petit Chef at Le Grand Bistro. I spoke to an X rep tonight and she said that the venue was still planned to be Le Grand Bistro for breakfast, lunch and takeaway during the day. :D

If you have a reservation to Le Grand Bistro, they will probably call you and you will be able to switch to Le Petit Chef at the $25 PP rate that you paid for Le Grand Bistro (instead of $55 PP).

I received a call today from Celebrity, they did exactly what vtcruising said... they changed my reservation on the 6th @ 8:00 pm from Le Grand Bistro and flipped it to Le Petit Chef and honored the $25 PP rate.... this should be fun, my husband and I watched a video this evening and are looking forward to it...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I ended up getting the Specialty Dining Package for 4 nights at $125. Nov 2019 cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great! Do you know if you can use it for Le Perit Chef? I have the question out to Celeb dining, but haven’t heard yet.

I received responses from Celebrity Dining about Le Petit Chef questions that I posed:

“Although Le Petit Chef is only available at dinner, Le Grand Bistro will still be available for breakfast and lunch services.

Also, Le Petit Chef will only be available to purchase with a dining package on sailings on the Celebrity Reflection and the Celebrity Infinity.”

So, we can’t use dining packages for Le Petit Chef on the Edge.

At least they are keeping the Bistro for breakfast and lunch.

well with dinner only being le petit chef at le grand bistro now, that kind of knocks out one of my choices for specialty dinner. really have no interest in going to a dictated dinner. don't really have much interest in eden, we're in a suite so luminae will most likely be better than the complimentary restaurants. so i am left with raw on 5 (which is ala carte), rooftop garden grille, and fine cut steakhouse. possibly dinner on the edge if that seems appealing at the time. rooftop garden grille seemed to be more of a lunch option because we tried the lawn club one night and were too cold. i guess the only one i would book ahead of time now then would be fine cut. not sure the 3 night specialty restaurant option makes sense for us.

May as well stick with Luminae and Fine Cut Steakhouse,.....and maybe try for BLU one night.

We also have no interest in Eden or Petite Chef, and do not eat sushi...

But we did book Fine cut as well as the Garden Grill for dinner.. I think it is overpriced for the menu which is not as appealing as Lawn Club Grill...but we thought it might be nice for sunset..or stars????

May as well stick with Luminae and Fine Cut Steakhouse,.....and maybe try for BLU one night.

We also have no interest in Eden or Petite Chef, and do not eat sushi...

But we did book Fine cut as well as the Garden Grill for dinner.. I think it is overpriced for the menu which is not as appealing as Lawn Club Grill...but we thought it might be nice for sunset..or stars????

it's been a long time since we did the lawn club (i think the last time was 2013) but it basically was their version of a steakhouse at the time. i am sure some things have changed but the ambiance was what turned us off from eating there at night because even with the glass partitions we were still sitting there with blankets in march in the caribbean. rooftop garden grill sounds like it will have more BBQ/smokehouse options, which i prefer more for lunch than dinner. we'll see though but i don't think i'll stress too much ahead of time about getting our choices booked. of course there are quite a few sailings happening before we board so i will wait to hear the verdicts on each. but le petit chef is already a no.

for raw on 5, do you like seafood at all? i doubt all of it is raw, just looking at their sample menu.

Raw on 5, when the MC is connected has salads, sandwiches and clam chowder! I don't eat Raw but my husband loves it. I told him the happy compromise will be when the MC is connected. Plus the cocktails look really good and I am excited to just try those while he has his Raw fill. I agree with you regarding the Rooftop Grill. We will go there for lunch, but I don't think you will find me there for dinner. Just seems more like a lunch place, plus its only $25 with the same menu. I am only going to go to La Petit Chef, if I can use my dinning package. If not I am not that interested to pay $55 for what is offered.

it's been a long time since we did the lawn club (i think the last time was 2013) but it basically was their version of a steakhouse at the time. i am sure some things have changed but the ambiance was what turned us off from eating there at night because even with the glass partitions we were still sitting there with blankets in march in the caribbean. rooftop garden grill sounds like it will have more BBQ/smokehouse options, which i prefer more for lunch than dinner. we'll see though but i don't think i'll stress too much ahead of time about getting our choices booked. of course there are quite a few sailings happening before we board so i will wait to hear the verdicts on each. but le petit chef is already a no.

for raw on 5, do you like seafood at all? i doubt all of it is raw, just looking at their sample menu.