Just got off the Princess Caribbean

rjrice1

Going to start a quick review..

My family (DH retired; DS a ese middle school math teacher and myself a nurse for hospice as well as a nurse for a lock down dementia)IMHO we are very mature, honest and caring people.

We arrived in Fort Lauderdale two days prior using our "free" nights at the Holiday Express Inn on 17th...

Parking was scarce due to them remodeling... Monday morning we got our wake up call... fire alarms went off at 6am.. one lady opens her door and ask me is there a "fire drill or real?" But again I can't really complain since I used my free nights and was happy to be going on a cruise today

We had an ocean view suite (used gift cards from working extra shifts and points with my CC ).

Parking at the pier in all reality was more cheaper then parking outside the pier. $10.00 for parking near the pier... plus waiting for the shuttle; tipping the driver and etc. Parking at the pier $15.00 and no waiting for ride back to parking..

As we were waiting in the terminal we were observing some of future guest we will be with for the next ten days. As I mentioned we had a ocean view suite and elite.

We seen a few "guest" that different. They were demanding to be in the "special" room for the "Black" card holders.. wanting coffee and danishes for being "special". Well they were special. lol

On board by 11:30 and cabins were ready by 12:30. Heading up to the Lido deck for some food.. These same people are up there "demanding" again for special treatment.

On live TV it was all the news channels..

But on demand (think it was free for all) was movies you can pick out and some tv shows series (pre recorded ones)

Some of the movies were really good.. We did watch movies at night since the theaters was all full

Same people saving rows and rows of seats. If you go to the 8:15 show get there around 7:15 -7:30 for seating

Did two shows out of a 10 day cruise.

Does it have movies and different tv shows on the tv like the regal?

Yes it was called "Caribbean Princess and No I did not say I didn't like it..

Please do not quote something I didn't say..

I thought it is called the 'Caribbean Princess". Sorry to hear you didn't like it.

First evening we did go to Crown Grill for dinner..

Everything about it was good.. from the service to the meal itself.

I would recommend not to fill up prior to going.. I didn't (but I am very petite)

Had the salad, a very delish steak dinner with veggies and dessert (wasn't able to eat it all either)

On live TV it was all the news channels..

But on demand (think it was free for all) was movies you can pick out and some tv shows series (pre recorded ones)

Some of the movies were really good.. We did watch movies at night since the theaters was all full

Same people saving rows and rows of seats. If you go to the 8:15 show get there around 7:15 -7:30 for seating

Did two shows out of a 10 day cruise.

Saving seats is, of course, not allowed. Arrogant and "privileged" people need to be taken down a peg. I think we would likely have deliberately sat in some of their "saved" seats. Let them complain. People of that sort totally annoy me.

Thank you for beginning to post your Caribbean Princess review. We will be on her in about a month for a 10 day as well. Looking forward to hearing the rest.

Sorry to hear about the crowding and saving of seats in the theater. We found this same occurrence on the Royal in November. Seems crazy to have to get to a show 45 minutes to an hour prior to show time.

Like the way Royal Caribbean has you reserve the show time, not a specific seat. Those without reservations wait until about 15 minutes prior to show time for theater entry. Of course, this still doesn't keep people from saving blocks of seats. I don't mind up to 3, but a whole row is ridiculous. You can still get a decent seat 25 or so minutes prior to show time. Of course I'm sure those "special" people you mentioned would really howl at this!

One question...not sure if you had a previously used coffee card or perhaps saw others who did. Wondering if they are still honoring unused portion.

Settled in for the rest of your review.

We once went to the theatre and found a kid, maybe 11 or 12 years old saving a row of 14 seats. When I went to sit in one, he informed me that they were saved. I told him that saving of seats was not allowed, and he said that his dad was going to be mad. When father showed up with a few more family members about 5 minutes before show time, the kid pointed me out to the father who asked what I thought I was doing. I repeated that saving seats was not permitted and that was clearly stated in the Patter....and that if he wanted to explain to the staff that my family had taken two of his 14 "reserved" seats, I'd gladly have that discussion with a crew member. He stomped off.

Don't let yourself be bullied by seat hogs! I will accept the concept of ONE seat with an explanation that spouse just went to the bathroom....but I've even been told that and watched while the supposed spouse never showed up for the show!

Hi, rjrice1--"Kathy"?...think we sailed with you & your family on the Emerald Princess back in 2009. Believe you had ties to MA, if I recall. We'll be on Caribbean Princess on Apr.21 for the 10-day. Anxious to read the rest of your review, and your overall impression of the ship and itinerary.

Regards,

Linda

This will be our first cruise on Princess with the Medallion. How does that work and do you have to have something to attach it to, like a neck chain or a bracelet. .

Caribbean Princess was "supposed" to have the Medallion by now but it was pulled due to the issues implementing the program on Regal Princess. Only a very small portion of Regal currently has the medallion setup working. We sail on CB the 18th and I was looking forward to trying out the new system but that will have to wait for a future cruise. I don't know when you booked your cruise but, if you booked it quite a while ago when CB was still supposed to be getting the medallion you can call Princess and ask to speak with a customer service representative - not just the person who answers the phone - and they will probably give you $50 OBC each as a consolation for the missing medallion. I know they did it for a lot of people. If you booked after they had already pulled the medallion then they likely won't give you anything as it wasn't promised to you when you booked.

. I don't know when you booked your cruise but, if you booked it quite a while ago when CB was still supposed to be getting the medallion you can call Princess and ask to speak with a customer service representative - not just the person who answers the phone - and they will probably give you $50 OBC each as a consolation for the missing medallion. I know they did it for a lot of people. If you booked after they had already pulled the medallion then they likely won't give you anything as it wasn't promised to you when you booked.
We booked both the Regal and Island Princess advertised as medallion vacations before they pulled the medallion.. I think we booked last November. We called twice and asked customer service ( not just the person who answered the phone) for OBC for the loss of the medallion. They are just not giving OBC for the lack of medallions. There is a current thread dedicated to discussing OBC credit. It appears that at least for the moment, Princess is turning down all requests for medallion OBC. - EBC

P.S. Back to the topic of the Caribbean Princess -- As others have mentioned, there is no projected time right now for medallion service to start on the Caribbean Princess.

Hi' date=' rjrice1--"Kathy"?...think we sailed with you & your family on the Emerald Princess back in 2009. Believe you had ties to MA, if I recall. We'll be on Caribbean Princess on Apr.21 for the 10-day. Anxious to read the rest of your review, and your overall impression of the ship and itinerary.

Regards,

Linda[/quote']

We'll be on that cruise with you also.

Yes... I had a very old "queen of heart one" was able to used ito ... however they punched it for fresh brew cup too. So I just pay for the brew coffee and used it for the "specialty coffee"

The new cards they are putting expiration dates now.

Which "Princess" would do something like other ships for shows.. or even show them on the TV after the revenue.

Thank you for beginning to post your Caribbean Princess review. We will be on her in about a month for a 10 day as well. Looking forward to hearing the rest.

Sorry to hear about the crowding and saving of seats in the theater. We found this same occurrence on the Royal in November. Seems crazy to have to get to a show 45 minutes to an hour prior to show time.

Like the way Royal Caribbean has you reserve the show time, not a specific seat. Those without reservations wait until about 15 minutes prior to show time for theater entry. Of course, this still doesn't keep people from saving blocks of seats. I don't mind up to 3, but a whole row is ridiculous. You can still get a decent seat 25 or so minutes prior to show time. Of course I'm sure those "special" people you mentioned would really howl at this!

One question...not sure if you had a previously used coffee card or perhaps saw others who did. Wondering if they are still honoring unused portion.

Settled in for the rest of your review.

How are you Linda? Yes it is me.

Hi' date=' rjrice1--"Kathy"?...think we sailed with you & your family on the Emerald Princess back in 2009. Believe you had ties to MA, if I recall. We'll be on Caribbean Princess on Apr.21 for the 10-day. Anxious to read the rest of your review, and your overall impression of the ship and itinerary.

Regards,

Linda[/quote']