Escape Room on Ruby Princess

sherylc

Just off the Ruby Princess this morning. We very much enjoyed doing the Magician's Escape Room while on board, but it is NOT well advertised!! The only mention of sign ups at all was in the embarkation day Patter where it is mentioned that there will be sign ups that same day starting at 11:45 in the library. Went to the library upon boarding and had to work hard to get anyone to sign us up. They only offered it in the evenings and only 2 days total with 2-3 thirty minute time slots per day, with a maximum of 8 people per time slot. We enjoyed the experience (and it ended up just being the 6 of us in our group), but if you are interested it takes a lot of effort to even find out about it. The cruise director mentioned that on other ships, it might only be offered to Suite guests or possibly not at all (at the discretion of the staff).

Can you supply enough information for me to determine whether this is something we want to try to locate and sign up for without giving away the fun?

An escape room is a location where they provide you with clues you have to figure out to escape from the room. It's all the rage, and quite fun. The themes can be anything like a murder mystery, bank robbery, enchanted kingdom. Here is a link to a local one where I live, in Charlotte, to give you some flavor for it: https://www.exitstrategyus.com/. I'm not sure how they do it on the ship, I don't recall seeing one (maybe because it wasn't promoted well) when I was on the Regal in December.

Hope this helps!

My daughter was "staying with us" for a few weeks a while back and she had an Amazon Echo Dot. I did a couple of escape room challenges on that while it was here. Interesting. I might check it out "live" on our upcoming cruise. It was offered on our last cruise but I had no idea what it was.

Did one as a team building exercise with co-workers a few weeks ago. We were “trapped inside a pyramid” and had to find clues and solve puzzles to escape. Sad to say we were not successful [emoji853]and we “perished” but it was a heck of a lot of fun!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the escape room on our Crown Princess Cruise Feb. 23- Mar 3rd. Sign up was in Vines on the first sea day with the experience on the next evening. They offered 4 times with 8 people in each group. It was a lot of fun and I would do it again.

Just off the Ruby Princess this morning. We very much enjoyed doing the Magician's Escape Room while on board, but it is NOT well advertised!! The only mention of sign ups at all was in the embarkation day Patter where it is mentioned that there will be sign ups that same day starting at 11:45 in the library. Went to the library upon boarding and had to work hard to get anyone to sign us up. They only offered it in the evenings and only 2 days total with 2-3 thirty minute time slots per day, with a maximum of 8 people per time slot. We enjoyed the experience (and it ended up just being the 6 of us in our group), but if you are interested it takes a lot of effort to even find out about it. The cruise director mentioned that on other ships, it might only be offered to Suite guests or possibly not at all (at the discretion of the staff).

Thanks for the info. We are booked as a party of 8 for this June on the Ruby. Just spoke to the group and we are hyped!

As stated above, it is a 30 minute experience (most land versions are 60 minutes). We actually met at a specified location given to us when we signed up and then were taken to "the room." Concept wise, it is a bunch of puzzles, locks, mind-games etc.based on a scenario they provide. Nothing physical (my 75 year old mother jumped right in and had a blast). The only issue as mentioned in my post is that it is not well advertised (almost not at all) - so if you are interested I would make it your priority to sign up (hopefully with info found in first Patter) right when you board. So few spots compared with people on board and they are becoming more popular. If you can't find info in Patter, check library when you board.

There was a 6 episode series on the Science channel called the "The Race To Escape." Not sure if you can stream it anywhere, but is you can, it will give you some good incite. I have not done the local rooms, only our son, but I believe the episodes are escape rooms on steroids. I think I read the show spent over 20K per episode putting the rooms together. They also had a psychologist help emcee the show to talk about the crowd dynamics.

We recently had one on the Royal. Did yours involve a doll?

Did they make to sign a disclaimer prior to beginning the event?

Did they mention not videoing or recording the game?

They only held ours on a port day to reduce the number of people being able to sign up and only once per cruise.

I do hope they change the scenario so it'll be fresh next season.

We recently had one on the Royal. Did yours involve a doll?

Did they make to sign a disclaimer prior to beginning the event?

Did they mention not videoing or recording the game?

They only held ours on a port day to reduce the number of people being able to sign up and only once per cruise.

I do hope they change the scenario so it'll be fresh next season.

Ours on the crown involved a doll and vase. Yes we signed a disclaimer. We were on an 8 day and it was held on the 2nd sea day and first excursion day.

We did the escape room on our Crown Princess Cruise Feb. 23- Mar 3rd. Sign up was in Vines on the first sea day with the experience on the next evening. They offered 4 times with 8 people in each group. It was a lot of fun and I would do it again.

Is there a $$$ charge for this activity?

Wow I'm on the Ruby right now and didn't see anything about this, but I would like to do it. I'll have to see if I can find out anything if there'd still be a possibility of doing it on this cruise....

It's usually offered on one of the last port days of the cruise. Keep reading the patter. Many people miss it since they're mostly interested in getting off at the port.

The sign-up was held at 9 AM on the Royal with the activity to begin at 4 PM.

Is there a $$$ charge for this activity?

No charge. It's just a new activity being offered.

I'm wondering how long it'll remain the same after the solution is leaked out? :confused:

It's no fun the second time around. ;)

It's usually offered on one of the last port days of the cruise. Keep reading the patter. Many people miss it since they're mostly interested in getting off at the port.

The sign-up was held at 9 AM on the Royal with the activity to begin at 4 PM.

No charge. It's just a new activity being offered.

I'm wondering how long it'll remain the same after the solution is leaked out? :confused:

It's no fun the second time around. ;)

Thanks for the tip!! I'll check for it. I think the last port day is Ensenada which I skip anyway. The rest of the itinerary is too good to stay on the ship for though. There seems to be more activity on this ship while in port than in the evenings or sea days. Doesn't make sense to me, but anyways, thanks again!

Thanks for the tip!! I'll check for it. I think the last port day is Ensenada which I skip anyway. The rest of the itinerary is too good to stay on the ship for though. There seems to be more activity on this ship while in port than in the evenings or sea days. Doesn't make sense to me, but anyways, thanks again!

Since most people don't bother getting off in Ensenada you better plan on arriving very early to sign up. :)

We did it on Cabo day but at 9:30pm. There were only about 40 spots available on a 3000 passenger ship so you have to be proactive.

It's no fun to do if you know the answers so people should not give out hints or spoil the fun. When we do an escape room we state we do not want clues. It's much more rewarding to figure it out on your own.

We did it on Cabo day but at 9:30pm. There were only about 40 spots available on a 3000 passenger ship so you have to be proactive.

It's no fun to do if you know the answers so people should not give out hints or spoil the fun. When we do an escape room we state we do not want clues. It's much more rewarding to figure it out on your own.

OWN? I thought u were in a group of 8.

We have participated on land & Sea(Anthem of the Seas)...which sound to be much more complicated ...... a 1/2hr time on Princess????

BTW Anthem only had 48 spots for 5700+ pax.......1 each sea day..16 people in each group.

I looked back on a Patter from Emerald..(our Nov. 26 2017sailing) did not even see it until now....

The Magician's Escape Room

A cursed vase has gone missing along with the ship's star Magician. Now there are reports of strange phenomena onboard. Can your team uncover the mystery and escape before time runs out?

So as someone posted, on this or another thread, it is really solving a mystery? most Escape rooms clues lead you to a key or bos witha key in it to escape from the room you are locked in?

Most escape rooms take at least and hour or 2 for staff, to set up and a hour or 2 to solve.

With Princess...... what is the layout......do you search around the room for clues....is it all on paper?

Edited by land lover