Cabin Category Upgrade

mlkitt3

Has anyone upgraded their cabin category when there is a big price drop. On Celebrity at any time?

eg. oceanview to veranda, Aqua to Suite. and if so did you just pay the difference.

eg. Paid $1000. Cabin I want $1900.

So I would pay $900. Just the difference.

Here in Australia tried to do that just a couple of weeks ago and they have a special formular for us to up grade at an extremely higher cost than just the difference.

Just curious we have never tried a category upgrade on Celebrity before.

Margaret🤔🤔🤨🤨

We are in the US and have upgraded in the past by paying the difference between what we paid and the cost of the higher cabin. That may result in losing a booking perk (s) if the perks have changed.

We booked Inside GTY on 06/17 for our Eclipse 03/18/18, after several price drops we ask our TA for a upgrade, Celebrity assigned us Veranda 2C and $30 less. (this was done before final payment date). Same booking, promotions, perks, etc.

Has anyone upgraded their cabin category when there is a big price drop. On Celebrity at any time?

eg. oceanview to veranda, Aqua to Suite. and if so did you just pay the difference.

Here in Australia tried to do that just a couple of weeks ago and they have a special formular for us to up grade at an extremely higher cost than just the difference.

Margaret🤔🤔🤨🤨

Last week I upgraded from inside to ocean view there was a big price drop after final payment and the OV was actually $300 less than I paid for the inside so I got a free upgrade! But I have upgraded in the past from OV to Aqua for $200 the difference in price after price drops. But I use an agent from the States. Dianne

Margaret🤔🤔🤨🤨

Different rules depending on where you booked. In the US, it’s so much easier making any changes to reservations compared to the rest of the world.

We upgrade often. Watch for price drops and last minute deals directly with Celebrity- Have had a lot of luck. Often the price is less then it was originally- but it is a gamble. If you sail at a popular time on a popular ship- not very likely to get a reduction. But if available-you can always pay the market rate.

We have upgraded twice on our 11 Celebrity cruises.

Fot us, we will do so if we find the following:

No loss of perks

Price that is comfortable for us.

Cabin location after upgrade.

While the last two are subjective to be sure, we always want to feel we truly "upgraded" our experience.

We recently had a $400 price drop and called our TA. We had a choice of either taking the price drop for out Concierge Class cabin and losing $100 of our on board credit or upgrading to Aqua Class, getting the full $400 price drop and keeping all of our perks and OBC....duh, no brainer!

We recently upgraded from our AQ1 to a Sky Suite for $250 pp ($500 total) when the price dropped on not only our original category, but also the Suites. In addition to all our original perks (Classic Beverage Pkg, Gratuities and $400 OBC), we are receiving an additional $300 OBC, the Premium Beverage Pkg, and Unlimited Internet. So, we figure that we really came out ahead...especially with the extra OBC. The cost to upgrade actually only cost us $200 total.

Thanks everyone for your input. I think it is time I write to Celebrity Head Office and get a bit of clarity why we are discriminated against because we do not live in USA. To access what seems to me a reasonable option on up grading. Will let everyone know if and when I get a reply. Margaret