Excusions!!

My guess is St. Martin. Labadee is more of a beach day. If you have never been to San Juan, it is a very walkable City with nice bars, restaurants and shopping, and the forts are fun to explore. St. Martin is excellent for shopping as well as nice Beach and water excursions.

Best place to go snorkeling out of the three ports of Labadee, St Marteen and San Juan? Also any tips for other best excursions options for these ports? Sailing on Harmony!

Best,

Victoria

Harmony of the Seas 5/12/18

Ladabee we relax on beach, not sure of the status of St Marteen and San Juan , both were hit very hard by hurricanes, in past we just loved to take taxi to orient beach and spend day there, ladabee had no damage

• 4 weeks later...
Ladabee we relax on beach, not sure of the status of St Marteen and San Juan , both were hit very hard by hurricanes, in past we just loved to take taxi to orient beach and spend day there, ladabee had no damage

George:

I read here somewhere that we should take a water taxi "all the way to the beach by the pier". Is that Orient Beach? They also said to look for people wearing "VHP" t-shirts for chair and umbrella rentals.

Ever hear of them?

Thanks!

George:

I read here somewhere that we should take a water taxi "all the way to the beach by the pier". Is that Orient Beach? They also said to look for people wearing "VHP" t-shirts for chair and umbrella rentals.

Ever hear of them?

Thanks!

I do not think so, we always just taken a taxi for under 10, loads of restaurants there with plenty of chairs rentals and umbrellas

George:

Ever hear of them?

Thanks!

Not George, but married to one. LOL. The water taxi takes you to downtown. There is a beach and multiple vendors there.

Orient Beach requires a taxi or other transport. Orient Beach is very nice, and on one end, allows nude sunbathing.

Our favorite spot on the island is Maho Beach to watch the planes come in. Hope you enjoy St. Martin.

Orient beach's bars and cafes and their amenities were completely wiped out by the hurricanes last Sept. The beach itself is OK, but it is not good for snorkeling, as it is all sand. Actually St. Martin is not known for great snorkeling. A snorkel boat tour is your best bet. .