I witnessed smoking indoors on Oasis of the Seas!

Daghis

It's called decency.

Ship or no ship, If I was in an enclosed public space and observed someone blowing smoke, especially if it were in the vicinity of my child or pregnant wife, and then stomp out the butt on the ground, you better believe I'm going to say something.

It’s one thing to say, “excuse me ma’am, but you do realize smoking is not allowed indoors.”

It’s another to “confront” and escalate the situation.

Every muster drill you attend the #1 fear on all ships is FIRE.!

Where else is this person putting butts out. Smoke won't sink a ship, FIRE will.

Exaggerated but true.

I'm sorry, but having cruised close to 30 times, % wise, I have found scooter drivers to be very inconsiderate of other passengers. I'm not referring to passengers in their eighties or so.

Ohh yeah the CC police in full swing....just shoot her and be done with it!:rolleyes:

Not "CC Police" as you talk about. Not some minor rule, this is a big one as indoor smoking effects others. Doesn't take much exposure to set off my daughters Asthma...

If I would have observed that, I'd have picked up the butt, handed it to her and say "I think you dropped something." If she refused to take it, hopefully she'd have a beverage in her cupholder for me to drop the butt into myself.

Not me, I'm not touching the disgusting and filthy aftermath of a filthy and disgusting habit. I have no idea why smokers feel it appropriate to drop a butt where ever they happen to finish with it. How many times have you been driving and someone ahead of you flick a still burning butt out the window?

Not me, I'm not touching the disgusting and filthy aftermath of a filthy and disgusting habit. I have no idea why smokers feel it appropriate to drop a butt where ever they happen to finish with it. How many times have you been driving and someone ahead of you flick a still burning butt out the window?

I know what you mean! :mad: I've been tooling down the road on my motorcycle when some idiot smoker in front of me has done that. :mad:

Oh yea my second post for this thread.:evilsmile:

What is the point of this thread? Does it benefit anyone on CC to hear your story tattling on a stranger? No, it just adds yet another smoking thread to the forum.

People should follow the rules on a cruise ship. I wish they were all completely non-smoking, personally. I’m glad a staff member approached her. But this thread is pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not "CC Police" as you talk about. Not some minor rule, this is a big one as indoor smoking effects others. Doesn't take much exposure to set off my daughters Asthma...

Yeah yeah yeah now everybody has Astma and Diarrhea and 1000 excuses to get all exited over nothing....so SAD!:rolleyes:

Every muster drill you attend the #1 fear on all ships is FIRE.!

Where else is this person putting butts out. Smoke won't sink a ship, FIRE will.

Exaggerated but true.

I'm sorry, but having cruised close to 30 times, % wise, I have found scooter drivers to be very inconsiderate of other passengers. I'm not referring to passengers in their eighties or so.

On more than one occasion I found a person in a scooter and with oxygen, smoking. Might have been in a designated place but still inconsiderate and a potential fire risk.

I have also found some people on scooters selfish and inconsiderate. As a disabled person myself, I am not convinced that everyone on a scooter requires one. I would be happy for the cruise line to apply stricter rules on who can have one.

On more than one occasion I found a person in a scooter and with oxygen, smoking. Might have been in a designated place but still inconsiderate and a potential fire risk.

I have also found some people on scooters selfish and inconsiderate. As a disabled person myself, I am not convinced that everyone on a scooter requires one. I would be happy for the cruise line to apply stricter rules on who can have one.

What a ridiculous statement. WHY in the world would anyone spend $$$$$ to rent or buy a scooter on a cruise? :o You would NEVER know I was disabled by looking at me. NEVER You would be the one to look at me and say: She's not disabled. She is fit and looks very healthy. Why is she on a scooter? Well, it is none of your business why, but I AM!!! I don't believe for one second that you are disabled, but if you are, your attitude stinks.

Thank goodness for all of the kind and patient pax on my recent cruise. It was my first cruise with a scooter and I was petrified of running someone over. Yeah, I would much rather be on a scooter than walk hand and hand with my incredible husband. Your attitude stinks.

Edited by champagne123

I don’t use a scooter but my mother does when we cruise together, and I have seen rudeness from ALL walks of life. My mother tries very hard to make sure she’s not in anyone’s way when she’s scootin’ around, but people act like she doesn’t even exist. They run in front of her, push her in the elevator, she is always “butt level” in the elevator and people squeeze in and it’s gross.

Then she has to deal with rude idiot comments like the one above. People are so disdainful of the fact she (and others) has a scooter. Well she’s 70 and doesn’t walk well. I’m glad she has a scooter so she can keep up with me and cruise comfortably. Anyone with an opinion about it can keep it to themselves.

(She is not a smoker FYI. I don’t know how this pointless smoking thread has now turned into a scooter thread.)

What a ridiculous statement. WHY in the world would anyone spend $$$$$ to rent or buy a scooter on a cruise? :o You would NEVER know I was disabled by looking at me. NEVER You would be the one to look at me and say: She's not disabled. She is fit and looks very healthy. Why is she on a scooter? Well, it is none of your business why, but I AM!!! I don't believe for one second that you are disabled, but if you are, your attitude stinks.

Thank goodness for all of the kind and patient pax on my recent cruise. It was my first cruise with a scooter and I was petrified of running someone over. Yeah, I would much rather be on a scooter than walk hand and hand with my incredible husband. Your attitude stinks.

Countered with another one. The person did say some, no need to get your knickers in a twist. I do remember the scooter lady from my Allure 2013 cruise, she bruised quite a few achilles and knees because she had to be first everwhere. I remember Disney at the turn of the century started renting scooters and people whose only disability is being 200 lbs overweight would rent them. (Putting on abestos underware. We were sitting watching the Main street parade and a guy in a scooter ran over my daughter because he didn't know how to use it.