New York Pre-Cruise Hotel & Parking

Driving to NY for our Horizon cruise on July 3. Any suggestions on a reasonable hotel where I can leave my Hummer for 8 days?

Port parking prices are rediculas.

Thanks everyone!

First of all, come over and join the roll call. There is some parking near the ships that give discounts over the parking at the pier (actually on top of the pier). I will have to go look to find these, but as I remember one is literally across the street down one block. What is the height of the hummer? That could be a real issue for a lot of parking in New York as most is underground of older buildings.

We do not have affordable parking near the terminal. They consider the hummer oversized. Honestly the best thing you can do is find a cheap parking across the river in Jersey. Then uber to the terminal.

We live in Queens and uber over.

Parking is nuts in the city for 8 days.

Driving to NY for our Horizon cruise on July 3. Any suggestions on a reasonable hotel where I can leave my Hummer for 8 days?

Port parking prices are rediculas.

Thanks everyone!

Reasonable on July 3, that's got to be a joke.

Parking is ridiculously expensive. Go to port of call for more info or perhaps find hotel in NJ where you can reasonably park and than take bus or train to city and taxi to pier.

I was looking to see where the OP was coming from, to offer alternative suggestions. It is kind of a joke when the parking at Manhattan is more than the cruise.

Hilton Garden Inn, Ridgefield Park NJ. They have a cruise and stay package. Runs around $300 after taxes but includes a room, nice breakfast, parking, and shuttle to and from the port.

Hilton Garden Inn, Ridgefield Park NJ. They have a cruise and stay package. Runs around $300 after taxes but includes a room, nice breakfast, parking, and shuttle to and from the port.

This is your best bet since pier parking is 320 based on 8 days @ 40.00 per, plus tolls, gas & hassle.

wow up to $ 40 per day' date=' not sure if one of my cars is worth the cost of parking for 8 days.[/quote']

It’s not a bad deal for NYC. The last time we parked near MSG using a discounted parking app, it was $35, got hit with a $15 surcharge because it was a minivan. OP, it’s rare to find a garage where you can park your vehicle yourself, most are valet. The lot at the pier is self parking, no surcharge for oversized vehicles.

My family and I used this deal last year for sailing on the Breakaway. Great deal. Would do it again.

This sounds like a great deal. Good rate, with parking and a pier shuttle, can't beat it. And, you avoid having to drive to the pier which gets pretty ugly during disembarkation / embarkation. I say GO FOR IT, take the stress out of your trip.

NYC is an island. Space, especially parking is rare & precious. Hence it's expensive. While $40 per day seems outrageous to most of America because of all the open spaces everywhere else, there is no space in NYC. $40 per day at the pier is not that bad. I've paid $65 plus tax and tip in other parts of Manhattan.

Also the City does not like oversized vehicles. I have a GMC Envoy which is half the size of your Hummer. The car takes up too much room; they could park two small sedans in the space your vehicle will take up so they charge you more.

You may find it cheaper to rent a car 1 way each way from your home to NYC & not park if you insist on driving.

NYC is an island. Space, especially parking is rare & precious. Hence it's expensive. While $40 per day seems outrageous to most of America because of all the open spaces everywhere else, there is no space in NYC. $40 per day at the pier is not that bad. I've paid $65 plus tax and tip in other parts of Manhattan.

Also the City does not like oversized vehicles. I have a GMC Envoy which is half the size of your Hummer. The car takes up too much room; they could park two small sedans in the space your vehicle will take up so they charge you more.

You may find it cheaper to rent a car 1 way each way from your home to NYC & not park if you insist on driving.

Just an FYI - Manhattan is an island, NYC is NOT. People from the other 4 boroughs of New York City - Queens, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Staten Island might not like being forgotten. It’s a bit of a subject of much consternation locally. There are some people in all the boroughs who do not like to be lumped in with Manhattan.

In any case, as others have said, it’s not cheap to park anywhere in Manhattan or any of the other 4 boroughs either. The only hotel I know of that has a Park and Stay package is the one in New Jersey mentioned above. Even over here on the west side of the Hudson space is at a premium - especially If it is close to Manhattan.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
Ended up with a deal at the Mariott Marquis in Time Square... together with United airfare for 500 bucks. Made it so it’s cheaper to fly. Now I just have to find a way from new work to time square LOL

Perhaps Newark to Times Square? Airport express bus picks up at each terminal and stops first at 42nd & 8th, which is 4-5 blocks from your hotel.

https://www.newarkairportexpress.com/

• 4 weeks later...