Seriously? Celebrity Asking Me To Rate/Recommend Website?

Luvcrusn

Today I went to the website by opening an InPrivate window using the Edge browser. I entered the Cruise Planner through the menu icon in the upper left, clicked Find Reservation, entered reservation #, name, ship and sail date and it worked. I also entered the Cruise Planner by logging in with user name and password and it worked. I logged out, closed the InPrivate window and opened my browser.to a normal window on Edge and go back to the site. I tried to again access my Cruise Planner by the above two methods. The menu method loops me back to the home page or alternately to a cruise search results page that I did not initiate. Up pops a dialogue box from Celebrity asking me how likely I'd be to recommend the website to family and friends on a scale of 1-10 and why. After a year of nonfunctioning and malfunctioning, now they ask?:mad::confused::eek:

On the scale I gave it a 0. For a reason I said it has been nonfunctional and malfunctioning for a year. I think that said it all! I have also told them that many times over the past year.

Sounds a bit negative, Nellie. :)

The site has been working fairly well for me lately using Firefox. It's still not very intuitive but most of our content is there which didn't used to be the case. I'd give it a 4 at this point.

I used Firefox today to access my reservation. After logging in I went to my reservations and the website found my cruise. When I clicked Manage My Reservation it took me to another window and tried to sell me the cruise. It sails next week and has been paid in full for months.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used Firefox today to access my reservation. After logging in I went to my reservations and the website found my cruise. When I clicked Manage My Reservation it took me to another window and tried to sell me the cruise. It sails next week and has been paid in full for months.

Mine if fine doing the same steps. But our cruise isn't until 9/19 and nowhere near paid yet. Perhaps that you are a week out and paid kicked off some oddball logic like, "Hey, she's ready to go with this one. She must want to book something new!" :)

Sounds a bit negative, Nellie. :)

The site has been working fairly well for me lately using Firefox. It's still not very intuitive but most of our content is there which didn't used to be the case. I'd give it a 4 at this point.

I also use Firefox and have been able to limp through the new website, but I don’t find the navigation intuitive, either. I also don’t like trying to “search” for anything. I almost wish we had the old website. [did I just say that???] [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I went to the website by opening an InPrivate window using the Edge browser. I entered the Cruise Planner through the menu icon in the upper left, clicked Find Reservation, entered reservation #, name, ship and sail date and it worked. I also entered the Cruise Planner by logging in with user name and password and it worked. I logged out, closed the InPrivate window and opened my browser.to a normal window on Edge and go back to the site. I tried to again access my Cruise Planner by the above two methods. The menu method loops me back to the home page or alternately to a cruise search results page that I did not initiate. Up pops a dialogue box from Celebrity asking me how likely I'd be to recommend the website to family and friends on a scale of 1-10 and why. After a year of nonfunctioning and malfunctioning, now they ask?:mad::confused::eek:

Did have to have a smile to myself when I saw who had started this thread, especially after all the issues you have experienced with the website over last year or so - only on X :D.

Did have to have a smile to myself when I saw who had started this thread, especially after all the issues you have experienced with the website over last year or so - only on X :D.

Thanks for the comment. I guess there's some justice here! I wonder how many other people have received that message asking for a rating. I haven't seen it again despite always clearing cookies and cache before going to the site on a regular window. To be fair though, most times I access the site it's on an InPrivate window. I find it mind boggling that the problems continue after a year.:confused:

Three days of this whenever I try to log in:

"Oops! We encountered an error. If this error persists, please call 1-888-751-7804."

Their rating is moving toward -4 from me.

Do you also have a login for the Royal Caribbean site? You're probably aware that they merged the login processes of the two sites. When I logged into X after they did so I got a message about it and steps to sync the two.

If you do have an RC login does it work? If so, have you tried that login/password on the X site?

I'm not a fan of support desks but what did they say when you called?

Do you also have a login for the Royal Caribbean site?

Yes, no problem logging in on their site

You're probably aware that they merged the login processes of the two sites. When I logged into X after they did so I got a message about it and steps to sync the two.

Now I can't log in to Celebrity at all, so can't get to that message

If you do have an RC login does it work? If so, have you tried that login/password on the X site?

Yes, I tried the RC login/password with no luck

I'm not a fan of support desks but what did they say when you called?

The number given is reservations, not a true support desk. They said, "we're sorry, we can't get into the account either, so maybe you should try again later."

:eek:

Under Customer Support in the footer of the homepage the is a Contact Us section having:

Celebrity Website Assistance 1-800-722-5941

Normally I would expect that to be a logical place to go. If you get someone competent they should be able to either reset your password, unlock it if it's locked due to multiple failed attempts or sync it with your RC password which seems to be the ultimate goal.

Or you may get a recording :eek:

Good luck.

I was asked to rate the site yesterday. I gave it a 0. I am constantly being locked out of my reservation for my “safety”. I can’t even stay logged in long enough to view my reservation details. Then when attempting to view the cruise planner, it kicks me back to the home page. Ugh!

Rating: 0000000 and an extra 0 for X not caring how it works for lo these many years

When I first glanced at your post and saw the X's and O's I thought for an instant you were sending hugs and kisses. LOL ;p

I have yet to be asked to rate the site but I'd likely give it a 4. 0 would mean you can't even log in. I'd have rated it lower 6 months ago, but as an IT professional since 1979 I'm seeing improvement. It won't (and shouldn't) be quick but they are headed in the right direction.

I have yet to be asked to rate the site but I'd likely give it a 4. 0 would mean you can't even log in. I'd have rated it lower 6 months ago, but as an IT professional since 1979 I'm seeing improvement. It won't (and shouldn't) be quick but they are headed in the right direction.

You have far more patience and understanding than I. After a year since the new X site was launched I still have to sign in using an InPrivate window to have even a small chance of accomplishing any task. I still can't update and save my profile information and have it reappear the next time I log in even though after I save it each time I get a message that I've been successful. Slow would be fine. A year later since the new site launch has long bypassed not being quick!

You have far more patience and understanding than I. After a year since the new X site was launched I still have to sign in using an InPrivate window to have even a small chance of accomplishing any task. I still can't update and save my profile information and have it reappear the next time I log in even though after I save it each time I get a message that I've been successful. Slow would be fine. A year later since the new site launch has long bypassed not being quick!

I can be as impatient as the next person but the X site hasn't given me cause yet. We've got 3 RC cruises and 1 X with a second booked for 9/19. We've run into a few minor things like the luggage tag printing issue and my wife's passport data gone missing before this last cruise but nothing that would make me pull what's left of my hair out. You've been banging your head against the wall a lot longer.

What I do have is an understanding of the kind of issues that can take place in a poorly managed software contract relationship. The problems I've read about with RC and X cry out for a good Project Management structure willing to slap some folks around. I really do think the recent postings for internal positions is a good move. But other than bug fixes I wouldn't expect to see major changes much before the end of 2018.

For the past month I've had good success using the default settings on Firefox and Edge not bothering with InPrivate.

I received this request to rate the site as well. I can't recall what I was doing / where I was when the dialogue popped up.

Question: when managing a reservation - is there somewhere where it indicates your travel agent if your reservation is linked to one. I can't seem to 'find' that anymore!??