Haven actually worth 14k?

gaabbee

I'm trying to plan our honeymoon in Alaska and I'm seeing prices of around 14k for the Haven. We have the money for this but should we wait to see if prices come down? Would a mini suite or balcony be a smarter move for half the price? I'm just trying to justify the cost. Thanks

Have done haven and regular balcony...its not worth 14k to us for haven. Spend the money on spa passes, regular room service and amazing excursions.

Book a suite room for ths bigger bathroom and try fo get an upgrade by bidding. Haven is great but not worth double the regular fare

No, Yes.

The mini-suites have superb bathroom - huge shower with jet sprays ;p;p

The standard Haven cabins have bathtubs with shower head. You will have to pay more to get Haven cabin with separate bathtub and shower.

We were in Haven once - when we bid and won - we enjoyed the week in Haven but would stick to a mini-suite than paying $$$$ for a Haven cabin.

BTW, the Bliss will have TWO levels of forward observation for non-Haven guests - one Observation lounge on deck 15 AND the forward Garden Café on deck 16.

Save money to spend on something you want or need later on in your marriage ;):cool: We were able to buy a boat a few months later after our marriage!

We'll have our 32nd wedding anniversary later on this year.

Go with a mini-suite or the spa mini-suite which includes access to their Mandara Spa. You would love the Mandara Spa. Totally relaxing. Check out the Escape Mandara Spa to give you an idea what it's all about. I'm spoiled and won't cruise unless I get a Mandara Spa pass. If you decide to go with a regular mini-suite (or any other cabin), you can buy the spa pass separately.

Go with a mini-suite or the spa mini-suite which includes access to their Mandara Spa. You would love the Mandara Spa. Totally relaxing. Check out the Escape Mandara Spa to give you an idea what it's all about. I'm spoiled and won't cruise unless I get a Mandara Spa pass. If you decide to go with a regular mini-suite (or any other cabin), you can buy the spa pass separately.

Ok yeah that sounds great. Do mini suites get priority boarding or the 120 day advanced reservations?

Ok yeah that sounds great. Do mini suites get priority boarding or the 120 day advanced reservations?

No priority boarding for mini-suites, however, arrive early and you should get in the first two boarding groups.

I'm trying to plan our honeymoon in Alaska and I'm seeing prices of around 14k for the Haven. We have the money for this but should we wait to see if prices come down? Would a mini suite or balcony be a smarter move for half the price? I'm just trying to justify the cost. Thanks

Are you kidding me?????

For 14k go to the Regent or Seabourn site and go on a luxury cruise!!!!

I would book the mini-suite. Get the Free at Sea beverage and dinner promotions. Spend a little extra on an extra 4-night meal package (so you can eat at a specialty restaurant every night). Then splurge on one once-in-a-lifetime shore excursion. I would book the Bliss (being the newest ship in the fleet, custom built for Alaska).

Have you lost your MIND???

Get your sorry arse in a balcony !!!

Absolutely not. We've done The Haven in the past, but it is not worth it for the prices they are going for these days. We have an upcoming Alaska trip with the kids on the Bliss - we are spending our extra dollars on amazing excursions. The next cruise after that will be just DH and I, and we are currently looking around at more "luxury" lines.

I'm not sure how much high end travel you've done before, but the current pricing on The Haven is completely out of line for the level of luxury/service you receive. There are better options out there at that price point that offer you much more.

I have always wanted to stay in the Haven - but we always decide to spend the $$ on once-in-a-lifetime shore excursions instead. If going to Alaska, I would do the helicopter to Mendenall glacier/dog sled camp if offered. We did this, and it was absolutely amazing!

I would fly to Tahiti and book an over water bungalow room for that amount.

For that amount (actually less) you could sail Paul Gauguin on a 10 or 11 day cruise which includes airfare from LA and is actually all inclusive. Best experience ever.