Haven actually worth 14k?

gaabbee

All great replies! Thank you! Maybe I'look into the spa mini suite. Do mini suites get any other benefits besides a bigger better bathroom?

Spa mini-suites will not have a spa in the room, but you get access to the Spa.

Mini-suites are not Suites. Mini-suites are slightly bigger than standard balcony rooms, but have bigger bathroom with double sink and big luxury shower.

When we sailed Alaska a few years ago we stayed in an Owner's Suite in a Jewell class ship(it has Haven access). It was around $1,000 per night for the 7 day cruise and was totally worth it.Huge front balcony and it was perfect. I recently tried to price it to take the trip again and was shocked to see that most dates were $1500 per night. But that is still less than what you would be paying. Re-check those prices and they seem unusually high for what you would be getting. I would say for what you get the price you are looking at is not worth it.

It's your honeymoon and if anytime ti splurge I say splurge. It's a personal decision. Many don't think on a 9hour flight First/Business class is worth it. Hopefully, you will only ever have 1 honeymoon and should make the best of it. Unless of course, it will really set you back.

We spent less than that on our honeymoon and it was amazing. We flew to Rome. Did 2 nights there, then did a 10 day Mediterranean cruise - got to see 4 countries. We had an OV cabin and it was wonderful. We were on Holland America.

I personally don't spend much time in the cabin and could never justify paying more for a fancy room.

I would say no.

First of all, I know the Bliss is going to be an amazing ship, but if I'm going to Alaska I don't really want to be on an amazing ship. I'm going to Alaska for the ports. You aren't really going to have time to enjoy everything the ship offers.

Would you consider looking at the Haven or a suite on one of the smaller ships sailing Alaska? That's what our plans are. I really don't want to be on a ship that spits out 4,000+ people at a port.

Also, in my mind, when I sail the Bliss (or any mega-ship), I'm basically sailing for the ship. We were on the Escape for the second time about five weeks ago. I'm really not pleased with how that cruise turned out simply because I felt we wasted too much time off of the ship. That's why I would prefer to sail Alaska on a smaller ship -- I don't want to resent the time I'm spending off the ship.

Plus, that price is simply really high. I think you can find better ways to spend that money for a better return on your investment.

It's your honeymoon and if anytime ti splurge I say splurge. It's a personal decision. Many don't think on a 9hour flight First/Business class is worth it. Hopefully, you will only ever have 1 honeymoon and should make the best of it. Unless of course, it will really set you back.

I agree with this!

It's your honeymoon so go for it, UNLESS IT WILL REALLY SET YOU BACK!

I plan to book business class airline tickets for our next cruise from Miami and that will cost around $4000. That's only a little more than the money we saved when we decided to try MSCs Yacht Club instead of NCLs Haven for our cruise last summer!

prices wont go down. I assume this is on Bliss?

we think the Haven is worth some extra money, but not $7K per person a week.

we spent $8k for a non-haven suite on teh Star for our upcoming panama canal cruise (14 days).

best bet is to book a spa mini suite, and splurge on some add ons. you can also bid for an upgrade you may or may not get, but worth a try.

Or, you coudl look at a Haven sailing to alaska on a smaller NCL ship. will still be a lot, but not as much as Bliss's prices.

We chose not to book the Haven on our Alaskan cruise as it was on the Jewel and the Haven was all interior (with the exception of the outdoor Haven deck which would generally be too cold. We got a 2 bedroom non-haven suite and spa passes and really enjoyed the benefits of the specialty restaurant for breakfast and lunch and the butler service, and the views from our balcony and the spa were amazing!

The Bliss is set up differently, and it looks like the Haven areas are amazing, but that does seem like a large amount of money for 2 people for 7 days.

As others have said, the Alaska excursions can be quite pricey, but so fun and unique. Make sure you factor those into your budget.

Congratulations and best wishes!

We have sailed on the Jewel class ships, inside, balcony, mini-suite & haven, we are booked on the Bliss haven but not worth $2000 a day, in my opinion. I have been looking at Oceania for Alaska as it goes to different ports than the larger ships.

REALLY look at the ports, how many people live there, outside of cruise season, how many ships will be in port each day you are there. What do you want to see/do in Alaska? I loved the helicopter trip to the glacier!

I didn't enjoy our honeymoon but we have a great marriage (18 years and counting)

Congrats! Enjoy

I would book the mini-suite. Get the Free at Sea beverage and dinner promotions. Spend a little extra on an extra 4-night meal package (so you can eat at a specialty restaurant every night). Then splurge on one once-in-a-lifetime shore excursion. I would book the Bliss (being the newest ship in the fleet, custom built for Alaska).
This. Hands down, this. Except I'd make it a spa mini suite...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

IMHO best value combined with 'very, very nice indeed' is forward or aft facing penthouse w/large balcony, plus Unlimited drink and dining packages so you can eat in the specialty restaurants every night, drink without borders etc... for Alaska, all you are missing is a cold pool you won't use and a sundeck you don't need.

Unless you really want to splurge on space and hit an owners suite...

Shore excursion wise... do what you fancy but also consider using someone like Mountain Flying Service to take you up and out into the real wilderness - NCL doesn't offer that kinda thing.

Haven is simply not worth it especially if you get kids in there without supervising parents.

For those that say its worth it - forget it unless you have money ot waste. Its nice but for that money I would be on a true 5* cruise line.

NCL is 4* and a mini suite is great value.

We are doing exactly that. But we’ve been married 25 years, have the house paid off , paid for college and are more than set for retirement. (We looked into the 5* lines but wanted the big ship experience without some of the hassles, which we hope the Haven will give us. We don’t know that it’s necessarily “ worth it” but are very lucky and we are in a position where the $ isn’t really relevant. We indulged on our honeymoon but not at this level. ) Unless you really have a great deal of money , it might be better to pay half and start a house, college or retirement fund with the other half. You’ll still have a great trip I’m sure.

The reason why the Haven is now so expensive is because of the upgrade advantage program. NCL knows that not many people will pay 14K for that room, but they will probably pay between 7K and 10K through the upgrade advantage program.

The reason why the Haven is now so expensive is because of the upgrade advantage program. NCL knows that not many people will pay 14K for that room, but they will probably pay between 7K and 10K through the upgrade advantage program.

I agree that's probably the reason why it's so expensive.

NCL think that's good for business and maybe it is. For me who only is interested in a suite but think that $14000 is too much when there are other options (=MSC Yacht Club) it's not interesting so for now they have lost my money.

Even if I could I shouldn't be interested in booking a minisuite and hoping for a upgrade for a decent price so I'm out, for now.

I agree that's probably the reason why it's so expensive.

NCL think that's good for business and maybe it is. For me who only is interested in a suite but think that $14000 is too much when there are other options (=MSC Yacht Club) it's not interesting so for now they have lost my money.

Even if I could I shouldn't be interested in booking a minisuite and hoping for a upgrade for a decent price so I'm out, for now.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm one who booked suites outright. Not anymore. There is not the value for the current asking price.

I say go for it, it's a special occasion, When I want a haven, I always booked haven outright to guarantee it. If the price goes down before you pay in full you can get the reduction in price A mini suite is just a balcony with a bath tub usually, called it a suite is very misleading. On the older ships I just book a suite but the new ones, the haven is amazing. Try the Spa Haven, it is usually the cheapest and comes with all the perks + the spa passes.