Spring break 2019

Deeliteful

Hi

Can anyone tell me the dates for US Spring break next year?

Looking to book a cruise but want to avoid these dates.

Many thanks

Pat

It will vary depending on the school, but most of them will occur from about the second week in March through the first week in April.

It varies through out the entire country. College aged students are usually out the second or third week in March.

Younger kids in Elementary or Secondary schools can be out anytime from mid-March to second week in April.

Next year Easter Holiday is April 21st so that would tend to get some more kids but not a ton.

Various schools and various states are different. It can be as early as last week in Feb. all through March and first week or so of April. Heaviest concentration will be all of March. Colleges will nearly always be in March.

Colleges tend to be throughout March. Other schools anytime throughout April. Those of us in the northern states are usually later in April since we are in school through June. So short answer—all of March and April.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Plus, there is often a winter break for some of the NE schools in late February - the week of President's Day.

I know of colleges in my area that have Spring Break all the way from the first week of March through the last week of March.

Agree that it can be anytime throughout March and the weeks around Easter.

Good way to gauge (although you can't do it too far out) - check hotel prices in Fort Lauderdale and Miami. They are high all winter, but will be the highest during the spring breaks.

Thanks all! I usually take a cruise in March but won’t go to the Caribbean then! ��

You may be making a mistake to avoid the Caribbean if that's where you want to go. If you can select a cruise longer than 1 week, it's unlikely that Spring Break will bother you.

March Spring break not only includes colleges but high schools too...lots of kiddos ....if it matters. We generally avoid March.

Then again, certain weeks in Jan attract large groups..Luck of the draw!

Consider departing from San Juan And book a week or longer cruise. You will not have as many spring breakers as shorter cruises out of FL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great advice. We did a short cruise over a holiday break and it was like Animal House. A booze and smoking cruise was a good way to describe it. We did not think we were on a Celebrity cruise.

Spring break is late next year. In the NY area it usually starts on Good Friday with the following week off. You will find schools in the NY area are off the 19th-26th of April in 2019. Best if you wish to avoid kids steer clear of March/April.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks all! I usually take a cruise in March but won’t go to the Caribbean then! ��

We were on a 5 night RCCL cruise early March. LOTS of college kids and they were NO problem. We're booked on the same cruise next year.

As others have said do 7 nights or more and there will be less kids. Especially out of San Juan.

Thanks again. Prefer a longer cruise anyway but not as easy to fly out of San Juan when you’re flying from the UK.

Will keep searching x

There are 11 and 12 night cruises in March in the Caribbean on Reflection which would be the best choices if San Juan won't do. Will not be many kids on those cruises due to length.

Thanks again. Prefer a longer cruise anyway but not as easy to fly out of San Juan when you’re flying from the UK.

Will keep searching x

San Juan cruises have their own issues.

Above poster correct..Easter and Passover are late April next year so part of March might be fine,

You may be making a mistake to avoid the Caribbean if that's where you want to go. If you can select a cruise longer than 1 week, it's unlikely that Spring Break will bother you.

We thought that way before, too and even though the cruise ship itself wasn’t a problem, the ports of call were were so crowded. Never again.

San Juan cruises have their own issues.

Above poster correct..Easter and Passover are late April next year so part of March might be fine,

When were you last in San Juan? We did San Juan, St Thomas and St Maarten March 11 - 18. Loved San Juan and St Maarten. As an American I was disappointed in St Thomas as some vendors were running a scan claiming their card readers were down. One admitted it was to force tourists to pay in cash so they wouldn't have to declare all the revenue and could get more FEMA benefits. There also seemed to be very little recovery work going on as opposed to St Maarten where the background noise was constant hammers and saws.

You really have to be up for cruising around Spring Break. A friend of mine was certainly disappointed with her 14 day cruise for the first few days, until she found out how to leave the crowds. If one does not realize that it is not like a TA or other cruises in Europe that are done before or after summer, you could be in for a big surprise. Always do your homework, so you will not be disappointed. They are louder and much livelier than other cruise venues...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums