Can Concierge do everything Guest Services can?

Can Concierge perform anything that GS can? Isn't the Concierge part of GS or did that change; I always forget if they became a part of GS or removed from GS. Also, can Diamond Concierge vs Suite/Concierge Lounge CL do same things?

Can Concierge perform anything that GS can? Isn't the Concierge part of GS or did that change; I always forget if they became a part of GS or removed from GS. Also, can Diamond Concierge vs Suite/Concierge Lounge CL do same things?

They can pretty much do everything GS can do, but they don't stock cash, so they cannot give change or cash out OBC on the last day.

So, all of those times I've had to stand in line at guest services, I could have asked the concierge in the DL instead? lol I had NO idea.

That depends on who it is. Many are just there to sit behind their desk and stare at their computer. They're not big into customer service.

That depends on who it is. Many are just there to sit behind their desk and stare at their computer. They're not big into customer service.

We sailed with two of them on Oasis a couple of years ago....7 night cruise and the only time they got up from their desk was the last night....What a coincidence :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We have sailed with many of them. I have wondered what they are doing, playing Candy Crush perhaps?:cool:

We sailed with two of them on Oasis a couple of years ago....7 night cruise and the only time they got up from their desk was the last night....What a coincidence :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That happened on Harmony 3 times in 2016.

Some concierges are very proactive while some seem glued to their computer screens.

Can they make extra cards? Seems to be the chief reason for ever having to visit GS; if can be done in DL at night can make life easier.

The concierge on Adventure had both the machine to make SeaPass cards and the printer to make excursion tickets.

On one of my first cruises in a grand suite , we were told by guest services something was not available, then asked concierge and he took care of request,

I wasn’t thinking anything out of ordinary just ways to avoid main GS desk but I suppose Concierge can make us specialty reservations; they usually have desk hours beyond just the cocktail hours right ?

The concierge on Adventure had both the machine to make SeaPass cards and the printer to make excursion tickets.

During the day when he is not on duty in the lounge the Adventure suite concierge actually does work at the guest services desk as his "other" job.

You also don't have to stand in line or make an appointment at the NextCruise desk. He will arrange for a NextCruise consultant to meet with you in the Suite Lounge during happy hour. They will bring a laptop and book your next cruise.

I wasn’t thinking anything out of ordinary just ways to avoid main GS desk but I suppose Concierge can make us specialty reservations; they usually have desk hours beyond just the cocktail hours right ?

There hours should be posted in concierge or suite lounge but it’s more than just cocktail hour , really no need to use GS desk

On Adventure, the Suite Concierge has hours of 8am to 11am in addition to the evening hours.

On Adventure, the Suite Concierge has hours of 8am to 11am in addition to the evening hours.

Those are the same hours that Diego was available in the CL on our recent Jewel B2B. Unfortunately, Diego's last cruise was the March 4th sailing as he has elected to "retire" from his shipboard job with RCCL and head back to his home in South America. His decision is unfortunate for those of us who used the lounge as he was always at the ready and handled whatever requests, issues or questions that we threw at him.

Yes, we learned this the hard way on our recent cruise on Freedom (3/17). We stood in line several times at Guest Services and had HORRIBLE experiences. Very confrontational and rude people at the desk. Then we talked to the Suite Concierge. She took care of everything for us and also coordinated with the Diamond Concierge to make sure she was also aware of what had happened. If you are Diamond or in a Suite, DO NOT waste your time at Guest Services!