Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Here's a link to Korto's dress on QVC. I figured it was already out:

http://www.qvc.com/Collection-by-Korto-Dress-with-Braid-Detail-Dresses-Dresses-&-Skirts-Fashion.product.A252601.html?sc=A252601-Targeted&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-3-_-A252601&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/a/01/a252601.001?$uslarge$

I suspect the QVC connection largely influenced what won. The other dresses simply weren't right for mail-order. They were custom fit jobs. Well, maybe not Elena's. Bless her heart.

Here's a link to Korto's dress on QVC. I figured it was already out:

http://www.qvc.com/Collection-by-Korto-Dress-with-Braid-Detail-Dresses-Dresses-&-Skirts-Fashion.product.A252601.html?sc=A252601-Targeted&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-3-_-A252601&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/a/01/a252601.001?$uslarge$

I suspect the QVC connection largely influenced what won. The other dresses simply weren't right for mail-order. They were custom fit jobs. Well, maybe not Elena's. Bless her heart.

I just logged on to do the same thing! :-). I actually think it is a nice dress - was very worried they would change it too much. Also like the navy.

I agree that the Q connection had a lot to do with it - it was if the other designers completely threw that out the window with all the mermaid designs.

And, I'm really beginning to dislike Viktor's designs. He really throws too much in there, they are all very busy. They are usually impeccably made, but too many design details.

Hi girls,:) I haven't watched the show in a few seasons now but I did see

the dress on QVC....it was done in a yellow and a navy. The bottom flowed

and the top was a v neck. Personally, I thought it was quite pretty.

Again the designs were lackluster. I also agree with the winner and loser. I had recently posted that I was bored with Viktor, so not sorry to see him go! I did like that little bit of snark from Christopher to Nina. His lack of expression when he made him comment was fantastic.

Before I knew about the Q's association with the show, I heard that a Project Runway alum was coming to the Q. Without spoiling who it is (or giving an opinion, which may also spoil it), I can say that it is one of the designers left. I wonder if I already know who the winner is or if that was a misdirection?

I was very disappointed to find there is no show tonight. That means I will miss the last show. Will have to find free wi-fi somewhere and watch the final episode.

Set the DVR! ;)

I was disappointed to come home from NY and find no new episode on mine….. especially since I had just visited Mood! That place is huge, no wonder they have to run around so much!!

I am very curious about tonight's show. In the episode where Viktor was auf'd, there was a very badly done audio insert that said he might have another chance to compete (speaker's face not shown, his face on camera -- not reacting). Then there was no reference to it later in the wind up.

Or did I just dream the whole thing?

The production values have been poor for this season. When they had that audaciously long "commercial" for the "beautiful Georgina," (when she was actually there) you could tell it had been cut in from a previous recording. Lots of stuff like that. Maybe if Heidi isn't there to crack the whip, everyone slacks off? heh heh

I am very curious about tonight's show. In the episode where Viktor was auf'd, there was a very badly done audio insert that said he might have another chance to compete (speaker's face not shown, his face on camera -- not reacting). Then there was no reference to it later in the wind up.

Or did I just dream the whole thing?

The production values have been poor for this season. When they had that audaciously long "commercial" for the "beautiful Georgina," (when she was actually there) you could tell it had been cut in from a previous recording. Lots of stuff like that. Maybe if Heidi isn't there to crack the whip, everyone slacks off? heh heh

I don't know if you dreamed it or not because half the time I'm doing other things at the same time I'm watching. Between Alyssa's and the mentor's awful outfits and annoying comments, I find myself not paying much attention. I usually watch it on tivo, so I could easily have fast forwarded through the audio part you are referring to. Guess we'll find out tonight...or tomorrow for me. :)

I liked Seth Aaron's quite a bit. Korto's front looked like it simply had too much fabric, otherwise I really liked hers. Elena's was nice. I have a hard time getting past my dislike for both white and neons. Christopher... as we say in the south, bless his heart.;)

The way the comments were edited, you could tell there were a lot of statements that were of the nature, "I think it's colorful, but..." With the second part cut off.

And, once again, Alyssa's outfit was unattractive and ill fitting.

The final three should make pretty interesting collections.

I guess I dreamed the Viktor bit.

I have a hard time deciding who I want to win. I like Seth Aron even though I could never wear anything he made. Korto (not being a size zero) seems to make clothes that could be adapted for many different sizes (like her QVC dress). Elena kind of drives me nuts with the waterworks. She always has issues but usually pulls out something the judges like. Tough decision.

I liked Alyssa on "Who's the Boss" but she has really irritated me on PR All-Stars. I can't remember one outfit all season that I thought looked good on her.

I can't choose a favorite this time until I see what they design…. I've generally liked Seth Aaron's looks the best, but he did win his season already and I wouldn't mind seeing Korto get it this time. Even Elena who has come a long way since her own season wouldn't be a disappointment. This could be anyone's show at this point.

And then…. the following Thursday starts Under the Gunn. Looks very interesting :)

There were no outfits that I disliked. I would have recognized Seth Aron's right away - it was so much like what he did his season. I would have had a hard time choosing who to send home.

I liked Seth Aaron's dress, and would deffinitely wear it. The color blocked sheath is a style which would look good on most people. I would have sent Christopher home instead of Viktor. His green trench dress looked raggy and poorly made. Viktor's dress with the white jacket was adorable. I loved the jacket, and so did the blogger for whom it was designed.

He can make one for me. LOL.

So...who's your favorite to win?

I really don't have one, although I'm leaning towards Korto only because I like her.

It took me 5 times to write her name, autocorrect did not want to accept it :rolleyes:

First of all, these were not the top three I first invisioned!

I would also like Korto to win because I feel like I would most like the clothes she would bring to the Q. She's just more my style. This is the 3rd time she's been in the finale (there was a short reunion show in which she also came in 2nd), so would be great if she could bring it all the way home this time.

But, I think it would be interesting to see what the other designer's would bring to QVC. I am kind of happy this is part of the prize - makes the designs more accessible.

I finally got to watch the show this afternoon. I think they picked the right order this time. Hated Alyssa's dress, that was obviously fitted for someone else.:rolleyes: I also thought Georgina's dress looked like a negligee! At this point, I guess I really don't care who wins, but Korto is the most "real" of all the finalists.

I like Korto, and most of what she designs would look good on "real women," who wear size 12 not 2.

Seth Aaron's creations are also well made, and he should have won at least one challenge.

I think that Irena knew that her "bridal gown" was not right for the challenge. Maybe she wanted to get back to her own business.

I had a pro-Korto post up here last week that was taken down. Not sure why. So I'll say it again more obliquely: the cards are against her on this show because she will never match the judges' visions of what a fashion designer should be/look like. I've seen it again and again on PR. If the designer does not fit the judge's image, every design flaw is magnified. If the designer DOES fit their image, every design flaw is minimized. It is a testament to Korto's talent that she continuously gets so close. I love her spirit and will-do attitude.

That said, all three final collections were so different...

Korto's -- the most wearable and saleable. Seth Aaron's -- the most like many other designer's runway collections. Elena's -- very cool and a great way to make a statement name for yourself; possibly too cool for the judges?

I probably would not have picked the same winner. But...

Woke up really early and hoped to watch the episode on the internet but I get the message that s is not available in my location (UK). Didn't realize they would block a TV show. May have to try to watch when I get to Fort Lauderdale.

I wasn't really expecting Seth Aron to win since he only had the one win. I'll be interested in seeing all the collections.

Woke up really early and hoped to watch the episode on the internet but I get the message that s is not available in my location (UK). Didn't realize they would block a TV show. May have to try to watch when I get to Fort Lauderdale.

I wasn't really expecting Seth Aron to win since he only had the one win. I'll be interested in seeing all the collections.

You'll be unsurprised to learn that Alyssa continued to look less than stellar. I studied her a bit more this last episode and wondered if the wardrobe people just didn't care. After all, she's more like a real woman and has figure flaws ( a bit short waisted, thicker calves). Just wondering...

You'll be unsurprised to learn that Alyssa continued to look less than stellar. I studied her a bit more this last episode and wondered if the wardrobe people just didn't care. After all, she's more like a real woman and has figure flaws ( a bit short waisted, thicker calves). Just wondering...

I was thinking the same thing as I watched her in the final -- She's being dressed in clothing that's made for a someone tall and willowy. I don't know how tall she is, but she's definitely not willowy, and wardrobe managed to make her dumpy-looking at times.