How many Harmony crew have moved to Symphony?

On 4/3/2018 at 12:39 AM, ONECRUISER said:

Pretty standard for 30 yrs I know of. There's been certain leadership group that launches new ships. I remember a Captain that did at least 10 and a CD that did almost all of them for about 20 yrs. Then of course new ship gets cream of the crop from many ships..

That's always been my understanding as well.  The newest ship always gets the best crew members from existing ships. Which is why customer surveys are important as I'm sure its one of the factors used to rate an employees. 

Although the 30% number quoted elsewhere seems a bit high. I heard anywhere from 5%-10% of all ships. I can't imagine RCCL would cannibalize  it's now 2nd best ship by taking 1/3 of it's crew.  You'd think they would want it to have the 2nd best crew.

Keep this in mind.....every week on every ship, crew members leave one ship and either go on vacation or are transferred to another ship.  It is a function of the industry.  When staffing new ships the deployment of staff has to be a monumental task.  But it is a monumental task on a week by week basis.  Crew/staff contracts range from two months to 9 months in length.  The HO is working on who they would like to have staff a new ship for its inaugural sailing months in advance, but they have to constantly be looking at future staffing needs for every ship in the fleet.  Then when some personal emergency happens with a ship employee, the best laid plans go crazy.   

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

That's always been my understanding as well.  The newest ship always gets the best crew members from existing ships. Which is why customer surveys are important as I'm sure its one of the factors used to rate an employees. 

Although the 30% number quoted elsewhere seems a bit high. I heard anywhere from 5%-10% of all ships. I can't imagine RCCL would cannibalize  it's now 2nd best ship by taking 1/3 of it's crew.  You'd think they would want it to have the 2nd best crew.

According to people who were on the ships at the time that is exactly what happened.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

According to people who were on the ships at the time that is exactly what happened.

Wow. Well, they would know. Just surprised, it seems like a high percentage to be transferred. 

Then again, maybe reassigning personnel from a Oasis -class ship that is nearby makes sense.