Radiance of the seas - cancelled

I’ve been told she has arrived in Newie, haven’t had to chance to check.

Think that they will do a slow cruise to nowhere overnight before arriving for the newly scheduled Saturday arrival in Newcastle.. It was still making good time back into Sydney, but after the NCL Star fiasco not long ago, need it fixed before tackling trans pacific...

S and P.

Aside from the official statement that was the case, the prices for cruises checked by many, and not just myself, was the same after the change as they were before the change.
So they delayed the increases until scrutiny tapered off. Now nobody could possibly tell the difference. In fact I guarantee we are now paying significantly more then 12 months ago for the same sailings, the value of the gratuities + + +

Cheers

So they delayed the increases until scrutiny tapered off. Now nobody could possibly tell the difference. In fact I guarantee we are now paying significantly more then 12 months ago for the same sailings, the value of the gratuities + + +

That's the way things work.

Though _everybody's_ paying more than 12 months ago, around the world. Prices are ^.

We are booked aboard Radiance on 3-May from Honolulu to Vancouver. Have our fingers crossed that the repairs go as planned and the ship leaves on schedule for Hawaii.

We feel terrible for everyone who was affected by this mishap. We have been in similar situations on two other RCCL ships. We were booked on Grandeur of the Seas for a sailing from Baltimore on 5-July-2013. Fire aboard her on 27-May caused several cancellations, including ours. We were able to book something on Freedom of the Seas departing about the same time but had to book at higher fares and add airfare since we were no longer able to drive to the pier.

In November 2004 we were aboard Enchantment Of The Seas when she was struck by a barge while docked in Key West leaving an 8 foot gash in the hull a few feet above the waterline. We sat in port aboard ship as repairs were made and later inspected before we were allowed to leave port for the next destination. Our day in Cozumel was turned into a stop of just a few hours and all excursions were canceled.

I’m happy to see those on the cancelled cruise receiving some sort of compensation for their troubles in the form of a 100% future cruise credit. In our experiences, other than receiving a refund in the Grandeur incident, we received... nothing. Not even as much as a discounted drink at the bar on Enchantment as we sat waiting for repairs with nothing better to do. It is nice to see RCCL customer service has improved to some degree.

Again, our best to everyone affected and thank you all for the repair update. And please keep good thoughts for the brave soles venturing aboard in a week for the trip, the very long, long trip, to Hawaii with that freshly repaired azipod. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think it is a sign that a cruise line has a lot of integrity and respect for passengers to actually pull a ship out of service for essential repairs rather than inconveniencing all passengers and running at a slower speed with a disrupted itinerary. Royal Caribbean should be given credit for this as it is a tough decision to take. I have seen endless stories about ships needing repairs where they remain in service running at reduced speeds, shorter times in ports and missed ports all getting bad reviews by people online.

Didn't look like any work going on yesterday.. can't get with-in 200 meters of her. At least i saw a lot of the crew enjoying beatuiful Newcastle yesterday. Lot's of them walking between Queens wharf & Nobby's headland..

I think it is a sign that a cruise line has a lot of integrity and respect for passengers to actually pull a ship out of service for essential repairs rather than inconveniencing all passengers and running at a slower speed with a disrupted itinerary. Royal Caribbean should be given credit for this as it is a tough decision to take. I have seen endless stories about ships needing repairs where they remain in service running at reduced speeds, shorter times in ports and missed ports all getting bad reviews by people online.
Agreed.:D

Didn't look like any work going on yesterday.. can't get with-in 200 meters of her. At least i saw a lot of the crew enjoying beatuiful Newcastle yesterday. Lot's of them walking between Queens wharf & Nobby's headland..

Good on them for utilising the down time.:D