Radiance of the seas - cancelled

Hi esilef.

Sorry to hear the news about your cancelled cruise.

See if you can jump on the solstice. Great ship. Just did nz on her. Best ship in Australia imo.

CHEERS Bob.:)

I've always wanted to go on the solstice but she is fully booked and is sailing north for the winter months but wonder if I could use my 100% cruise credit on her next season?

The compensation was very reasonable.

Now looking into possible cruises in June or September school holidays. I can't wait much longer for a cruise. I need to keep my cruise addiction feed

I hope you can find something suitable.:D

Hi esilef.

Sorry to hear the news about your cancelled cruise.

See if you can jump on the solstice. Great ship. Just did nz on her. Best ship in Australia imo.

CHEERS Bob.:)

totally agree about the Solstice being the best ship, not sure if you can use your credit on her (Royal and X are sister companies so it may be possible) but still worth looking into just having a cruise on her, perhaps when she returns.:D

I’m still very disappointed but I am going to try and make the best out of this.

The compensation and reimbursement will allow for us to have a very nice replacement cruise.

At least living in Australia it means that I will be able to cruise to New Zealand in the future (I’ve already done it once) for those travelling from the USA it was a once in a lifetime cruise.

I’m still very disappointed but I am going to try and make the best out of this.

The compensation and reimbursement will allow for us to have a very nice replacement cruise.

At least living in Australia it means that I will be able to cruise to New Zealand in the future (I’ve already done it once) for those travelling from the USA it was a once in a lifetime cruise.

I can understand your disappointment. Sorry to hear of the cancellation of your cruise. I hope you enjoy your holiday in NZ and find a replacement cruise which you will enjoy.

I hope the cruise line goes the extra mile for those passengers who are already on B2B cruises, as well as those overseas passengers en route.

Reminds me of the NCL ship (Star?) that was dead in the water near Melbourne last year, wasn’t that azipod issues also? Wondering for comparison, does anyone remember how long it took to fix that issue?

Please don’t. My honey moon was on the Norwegian Star which broke down on a Hawaiian Islands cruise. No compensation from NCL and then they send it here and it breaks down! Should have noted this ship & marriage were both doomed.

The Engineer on board the Solstice told us that quite a few ship lines are moving away from the azipods for their new builds..

First I've heard of that. It gives them so much more port and docking flexibility, and doesn't tally with their pride in talking about them before.

Just keep in mind the compensation excludes taxes and fees, so has a fairly big cut taken out of it.

I was wondering about this. If the cruise no longer exists how can the taxes and fees exist?

i.e. Any taxes and fees paid should come back to the passenger.

Port fees should be refunded to the passengers. I don't think there are any other taxes. GST doesn't apply.

First I've heard of that. It gives them so much more port and docking flexibility, and doesn't tally with their pride in talking about them before.
That was what he said. I was intrigued as to which lines were moving back to props and rudder system.

Just keep in mind the compensation excludes taxes and fees, so has a fairly big cut taken out of it.

My understanding is 100% full refund including taxes and fees, plus FCC 100% cruise fare only ie not including taxes and fees.

My understanding is 100% full refund including taxes and fees, plus FCC 100% cruise fare only ie not including taxes and fees.

That’s how rci customer service explained it to me.

The FCC would be 100% of what you paid (less the fees and taxes) not what a similar cabin category costs on another cruise. (i.e cancelled cruise cost $3500 with $500 being port fees and taxes, you would have $3000 to spend towards the future cruise).

The FCC would be 100% of what you paid (less the fees and taxes) not what a similar cabin category costs on another cruise. (i.e cancelled cruise cost $3500 with $500 being port fees and taxes, you would have $3000 to spend towards the future cruise).

Why wouldn't they have a credit for the full amount paid, in your example $3,500? I don't see why the port fees should not be refunded. After all, if the cruise did not eventuate, the cruiseline did not have to pay the port fees. Therefore they should be refunded. Otherwise the cruiseline is making a profit on a cruise that did not happen. I don't know what other taxes would apply on an Australian cruise.