Caught Up in the Rhythm of It - Symphony Live 4/7/18

Thanks! The concept of influencers was new to me. So I really appreciate your perspective. :) I'm not a mom, but intense YouTube moms is not surprising. I will have to check it out.

I am so impressed with your photos and social media and Chase & Jenny (My Two Suitcases) are just awesome in their productions.

My husband actually commented on how adorable the kids are. :D

Did you get to do any sightseeing in Barcelona before you boarded? Specifically, did you go to Sagrada Familia? I was there 25 years ago and it was one of my favorites. If you put pics in IG my apologies as I have not looked at that yet.

Stunningly, amazingly breathtaking photos!!!! Thank you for allowing me to live vicariously through you. I see in your signature, you’ll be back on Symphony in December. If I may ask, which sailing will you be on? I’m hoping we will be on the same and will get the opportunity to meet you![emoji3]

I’m wondering which December sailing you’ll be on also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the beautiful pics! I really enjoyed reading through all 40 pages of this thread tonight! My husband, 2 kids and I are booked on Symphony for the Christmas sailing and are so excited!

Really enjoyed this thread and will be following you on instagram :)

Absolutely loved this live thread Rick! I’m on the Symphony in less than a month so it has got me so hyped!

Will be my first cruise without my family, and I will be going with my boyfriend who has never cruised before! We are 23 and 24 so are representing the age group that cruising has never really been aimed at before! Luckily we both have good jobs, but a lot of the people our age can not afford upwards of £1500+ for a weeks holiday!

Fingers crossed he enjoys it and it will be the first of many for us!

I’m also taking him shopping today for a “cruise wardrobe”. I may or may not have taken style inspo from you ;)

Did you get to do any sightseeing in Barcelona before you boarded? Specifically, did you go to Sagrada Familia? I was there 25 years ago and it was one of my favorites. If you put pics in IG my apologies as I have not looked at that yet.

Indeed, I didn’t go inside though.

7aacac385be67314dccdb0de0d39adea.jpg

33405cd190b818b05b314c228cecd3d3.jpg

d48467b1dc5e769bf5e2dd37e764790a.jpg

Absolutely loved this live thread Rick! I’m on the Symphony in less than a month so it has got me so hyped!

Will be my first cruise without my family, and I will be going with my boyfriend who has never cruised before! We are 23 and 24 so are representing the age group that cruising has never really been aimed at before! Luckily we both have good jobs, but a lot of the people our age can not afford upwards of £1500+ for a weeks holiday!

Fingers crossed he enjoys it and it will be the first of many for us!

I’m also taking him shopping today for a “cruise wardrobe”. I may or may not have taken style inspo from you ;)

Nice! I’m really hoping cruise travel catches on with the young professional demographic. Be sure to DM me when you return and let me know how it goes or if you have any questions before you depart.

Thank you for the beautiful pics! I really enjoyed reading through all 40 pages of this thread tonight! My husband, 2 kids and I are booked on Symphony for the Christmas sailing and are so excited!

Really enjoyed this thread and will be following you on instagram :)

Thank you so much. I will see you on the gram!

This might be a better question for Chase (if he's still reading and not chasing kids) but how much advanced planning goes into his videos? I'd guess that he has a lot of pre-planned shots in minds or even scripted. Videos don't get that good with a spray and pray approach.

Well deserved bottle of Champagne!

There are definitely some predetermined shots (lip syncs, locations), but for the most part it’s just an idea. Basically experience the cruise how we normally would, but record it in a cool way. A lot of times ideas present themselves when I sift through the footage afterwards.

Question - did the ship have Quest and Love & Marriage game shows? Just curious, as my one time on Oasis in the Med, they did not. Since you didn’t post about them (that I remember), wondered if they didn’t have them too.

No Quest which is a bummer considering they had Ken Rush at their disposal. Language would have been the issue though, and in the spirit of fair play, I understand.

Rick, Chase and Jenny - Thanks for sharing your cruise with us. Looking forward to the video!

Thanks, just a disclaimer that this video may be a bit longer of a wait as it will be up to the Crown & Anchor Society as to when it will be shared.

The next time we have one of those ridiculous dress code threads and people complain about folks wearing their RCI bath robes outside of their cabins, I know exactly where I will refer them to get straightened out.

So, funny thing with this cruise was there were robes EVERYWHERE. I think Europeans must embrace the bathrobe look, and I love it!

Edited by Chasep17

Will be my first cruise without my family, and I will be going with my boyfriend who has never cruised before! We are 23 and 24 so are representing the age group that cruising has never really been aimed at before!

It’s definitely been on their mind. When Royal first shared our Radiance video in early 2016, the feedback on Royal’s side was about showing younger cruisers and changing the perception.

Indeed, I didn’t go inside though.

7aacac385be67314dccdb0de0d39adea.jpg

33405cd190b818b05b314c228cecd3d3.jpg

d48467b1dc5e769bf5e2dd37e764790a.jpg

Have been following along silently but throughly enjoying the review and day dreaming about cruising [emoji1]

I was at segrada familia last September. If you have a change to go again you need to go inside. It is STUNNING. All the colors from the stain glass windows are beautiful. I attached one picture and it doesn't even do it justice. So much better in person.

I have read 2 of your other post since I stumbled upon this one. And am about 3/4's of the way through your escape review. Love all the pics you post. Also have looked at getting a couple of things you use for your photos because I didn't realize they existed.... 360 camera anyone?

Safe travels on your many adventures [emoji106] [emoji274] 20170906_121418.thumb.jpg.deac8beffc72a908cd2eae0c946b561b.jpg

No Quest which is a bummer considering they had Ken Rush at their disposal. Language would have been the issue though, and in the spirit of fair play, I understand.

Thanks, just a disclaimer that this video may be a bit longer of a wait as it will be up to the Crown & Anchor Society as to when it will be shared.

So, funny thing with this cruise was there were robes EVERYWHERE. I think Europeans must embrace the bathrobe look, and I love it!

And that should surprise me?:eek:;):D:D

Have been following along silently but throughly enjoying the review and day dreaming about cruising [emoji1]

I was at segrada familia last September. If you have a change to go again you need to go inside. It is STUNNING. All the colors from the stain glass windows are beautiful. I attached one picture and it doesn't even do it justice. So much better in person.

I have read 2 of your other post since I stumbled upon this one. And am about 3/4's of the way through your escape review. Love all the pics you post. Also have looked at getting a couple of things you use for your photos because I didn't realize they existed.... 360 camera anyone?

Safe travels on your many adventures [emoji106] [emoji274] [ATTACH]419561[/ATTACH]

Beautiful and thank you. I will definitely be redoing this cruise as there was so much more I wanted to do. Perhaps the Oasis when she heads over next summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I met most of them. You probably noticed from the Periscopes that I partied with Royal’s social media team a few times this sailing and the “couples” influencers were out with us as well.

Jeven and Rachel Dovey are my favorite. I legit would hang out with them.

Just went to Jeven's YouTube channel and now I've got a whole new set of videos to watch before my cruise on FOS!

Once again Rick, I appreciate all you do by taking us along! My wife has finally started following and she has forbid me to reenact the robe and animal shot when we cruise! LOL

Being a photographer myself, I watch, learn and enjoy what you guys do! Hopefully my shots of Freedom can live up the bar you, Chase and Jenny have set!

Oh and to give you what you have all been waiting for...26df372300df69b5d8d8f30754063d4a.jpg

Thank you all for coming along on these crazy journeys. It’s been an amazing year of cruising, but I feel like I’m only just getting started.

I think this might be the best one of all times.

Rick:

Did you keep any of the compasses from the cruise, or does anyone know of any that have been posted?

Great thread! Thanks for the info.

Chuck

I have them all. I will post this week. It’s funny how they don’t state Day 1, 2, 3 etc...as there are guests that embark in Rome as well.