NCL Stock Prices

shof515

With all of all bad news about the Sun cruise, as a NCL shareholder i am very surprised that the stock prices have remain averaged the past few days.Today stock prices went up higher then it did this morning!!! Looks like all of the bad news has no effect on the stock prices. I guess NCL is handling all of the bad publicity very well.

Because intelligent people realize that the main stream media needs to sensationalize and embellish the truth to “sell papers”. Their advertisers pay for clicks and impressions. “Mass Mutiny” because 100 people out of the 2200 on board showed up to a Q&A with the Captain and were not interested in listening.

Edit: “NCL stock is up $1.35 (2.5%) on news of a mass mutiny at sea”

Because intelligent people realize that the main stream media needs to sensationalize and embellish the truth to “sell papers”. Their advertisers pay for clicks and impressions. “Mass Mutiny” because 100 people out of the 2200 on board showed up to a Q&A with the Captain and were not interested in listening.

I need to do some more research to see if it's a good time to buy NCL stock.

I need to do some more research to see if it's a good time to buy NCL stock.

If you are doing it to get the $100 OBC for each sailing not bad - but a stock not paying dividends and with

your money parked and not gathering much further interest - questionable.

But then it is your money (investment) - Carnival and Royal Caribbean pay dividends and also provide the

OBC. Are you all that loyal to NCL to invest and get only a partial reward ?

If you are doing it to get the $100 OBC for each sailing not bad - but a stock not paying dividends and with

But then it is your money (investment) - Carnival and Royal Caribbean pay dividends and also provide the

It depends how often you cruise. If you cruise once every two years, yes you’re right, it’s a poor investment. But if you cruise six times a year, a $600.00 annual return on a $5,000.00 investment is not bad.

I bought stock at about $33 a share when it was first offered. A few minutes ago it was $53.43 down just a few pennies from closing last night. This is a long term investment. I could but never take the OBC.

I am not convinced that the population on this board or other social media sites drives NCL stock.

Nope. About 94% of the stock is owned by "institutional investors" so the impact of individuals buying or selling is going to be slight. They are profitable, have a P/E in the mid-teens, and have income increasing year over year at about 11%. The mutual funds, pension plans, and ETFs holding NCLH stock aren't going to react to news stories until it gets to Facebook proportions.

Just an FYI.

Royal Caribbean does not combine their shareholder credit with anything.

Which means, if you get a discount anywhere else, you get no shareholder credit.

It is down, as of right now a little today but still ahead of the other mass marketed brands for the year. As of this morning it is the only mass marketed line that shows any profit this year. I guess this shows paying a dividend isn't the only thing investors consider. As for those who post here, I have to say, as post number 4 mentioned the market isn't influenced one bit by what we say, nor does NCL really care about our little 200 or 100 share holders. I do have to say, I love getting our 100 OBC.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Since cruising is now my favorite way to travel, I bought stocks in all 3 cruise companies. NCL stock price has risen by 42% since I bought them in 2016 and I have been able to get the OBC twice. Carnival stock rose by 70% in the last 4 years. RCL went up by 188% in the last 7 years and I was also able to get OBCs twice. So the cruise company stocks are a pretty good investment aside from the getting the OBCs. I was lucky in buying the stocks when they were between $38 to $41 per share.

I bought stock at about $33 a share when it was first offered. A few minutes ago it was $53.43 down just a few pennies from closing last night. This is a long term investment. I could but never take the OBC.

Out of curiosity why don't you take the OBC?

Out of curiosity why don't you take the OBC?

To receive OBC never crossed my mind when I bought the stock. I believed in the Company then and in spite of all the negative comments this week, I still believe in the Company. No one needs to know that I am a stockholder or how much stock I own- that is between my stock broker, my tax accountant and myself.

Just an FYI.

Royal Caribbean does not combine their shareholder credit with anything.

Which means, if you get a discount anywhere else, you get no shareholder credit.

Agree.

RCI shareholder OBC not being combinable with the various promotions that they offer , makes it a bad choice if OBC is

what you want .

Carnival Corp with all those cruise lines & ships , is a great choice

for OBC also.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To receive OBC never crossed my mind when I bought the stock. I believed in the Company then and in spite of all the negative comments this week, I still believe in the Company. No one needs to know that I am a stockholder or how much stock I own- that is between my stock broker, my tax accountant and myself.

Ok, I guess to each their own but I love receiving my $100 OBC for my 7 day cruises. I have three cruises booked with NCL for the next two years and I will be submitting my paperwork for all three of them. Love my OBC!

Ok, I guess to each their own but I love receiving my $100 OBC for my 7 day cruises. I have three cruises booked with NCL for the next two years and I will be submitting my paperwork for all three of them. Love my OBC!

Us as well. We certainly did not buy to get an OBC, but it is fun. Combined with any other OBC we can buy booze to bring home, enjoy picking up a few fun things. of whatever and get off the ship with almost nothing on our bill. it is just a fun time.

Yet again you support NCL can you come out and declare your interest in the company. And as of last night it share price is down 2.17% on the day a huge daily loss

The share price if you research it has fallen over the last three months and it is trending downwards.

Had you wished to make an informed comment for once rather than simply refusing to hear anything bad about your NCL you would have seen the recent sell off by the board and Apollo of their shares. For once try and be unbiased.

Anyway if it was only 100 people why have NCL given a 100% credit to all people on that cruise.

Sorry mate but this time NCL have got it wrong big time and the shares are affected. As a fund manager I would be watching very carefully the results over the next twelve months as they are getting bad press and lower yields.

Yet again you support NCL can you come out and declare your interest in the company. And as of last night it share price is down 2.17% on the day a huge daily loss

The share price if you research it has fallen over the last three months and it is trending downwards.

Had you wished to make an informed comment for once rather than simply refusing to hear anything bad about your NCL you would have seen the recent sell off by the board and Apollo of their shares. For once try and be unbiased.

Anyway if it was only 100 people why have NCL given a 100% credit to all people on that cruise.

Sorry mate but this time NCL have got it wrong big time and the shares are affected. As a fund manager I would be watching very carefully the results over the next twelve months as they are getting bad press and lower yields.

Perhaps you should look at the volatility of stock markets in general over the past few months and if you want to quote the NCLH 2.17% loss for the day, perhaps you might want to post what the DJIA, SP500 and the NASDAQ did yesterday. The Sun incident had little to no effect on yesterdays stock movement.

https://www.cnbc.com/

thats not really a big huge loss. Other cruise lines also dropped down quite a bite. Carnival stock drop once the marketed opened and it keep going down and down. At least with NCL stock, if it goes down, it goes back up again

Yes. We are NCL shareholders.

The conclusion the NCL stock price is down because of an incident this week has no basis. A downward trend for the for a 3 month period (after dramatic gains at the start of the year) was because,,,, people were could see into the future that there would be construction on the Sun in April 2018? More like profit taking. When NCL stock drops 2% on a day that the stock market drops 2%, I am not sure how you can place the blame on a specific incident.

I am very glad that you ARE NOT managing my money. Yes, Norwegian is down a bit as are other cruise companies--they are down because of The Sun? I doubt it.

All of the markets are down world wide and probably will be for the long term. Downturn has more to do with all the trade tariff discussions and the downturn in of the economy of several countries including China.

This makes no sense. You leave $100 sitting in the table every time you cruise? That’s crazy. Must be nice to roll like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes no sense. You leave $100 sitting in the table every time you cruise? That’s crazy. Must be nice to roll like that.

Yes, I do. I go on a cruise to sail with friends both among passengers and staff. Very often I have a zero balance on my ending bill because I do not spend a lot of money on a cruise. I very rarely leave the ship except to go for a walk during the duration of a cruise.

I have seen more than one passenger DEMAND something from the Hotel Director or other Senior Staff member because they are a stockholder. No staff member needs to know I am a stockholder.

As I said NO ONE including members of my family need to know what may or may not be in my stock portfolio.

Yes. We are NCL shareholders.

The conclusion the NCL stock price is down because of an incident this week has no basis. A downward trend for the for a 3 month period (after dramatic gains at the start of the year) was because,,,, people were could see into the future that there would be construction on the Sun in April 2018? More like profit taking. When NCL stock drops 2% on a day that the stock market drops 2%, I am not sure how you can place the blame on a specific incident.

I know. Not only that, but it appears the NCL's mistake is also taking down the entire cruise industry:

attachment.php?attachmentid=418934&stc=1&d=1523113752

And look, NCL's problems have affected RCCL and CCL with nearly identical charts for the last 12 months (as of Apr. 6, 2018):

EENIuEpA5TZ7EH6LPcC59nmoJRli2958nqoXsqjudfaXTWRLZMW7h34DVYG0eJXawen-2DLAOQAIM90kDhRyRHrqY6qJ7B10MEs60JZtZwNgx2Eyt-Dt10Ot6UqqZlJAhG8wG3U12T6oupszOVc_Wz5VtXSETNCQZE6tnmTf3TnsN_a8BcYMKfgw4lqt1oLxGYDPac8gaJzDwVLHBLrA8mqYJs5ozYBs-Ycks2ppNy7kxCrhMW5Dutpe5UfvjC75DNpGFbEa4jTiYZrSb4vuLD2OhtjmZswehh4mMZPw4LfZwxOsSw5hW7uXigMyjaV3OWDnbhrfmLzsOOwigsswbhg1ncYpU_GKQ5dF6M35EGufpeK-PUdO8guwg5-c3DJiCNo_rJSgYYzeUD0XjGTd1tPFEPeErqsRyheRMPD75-XchD_27eGocVLJJp9q1TDRPkjWrqoGfLn1fpcRPpyzAxKWaSN_vkT91pPEB_4MByJ3NwYS7DgTCxjHUksFHrAK5AdiRJrw8MBs26V-zsj-L95WMatFFrwz-0hnwFwVYnnu7xHnyD1DU5K2OmC28zTgXF7LYcFS8GCd1-VB7iNNy24hMvui1eZFDDaR_JA=w569-h922-no

This Sun Construction disaster of a cruise had no impact on stocks, and it won't. Repeated incidents like this, and falling revenue resulting from that, would affect stock price. You don't have to be a quant to see those charts look the same.

nclh-rcl.jpg.8bfe249e593e70cbd670251122612c88.jpg

Yes, I do. I go on a cruise to sail with friends both among passengers and staff. Very often I have a zero balance on my ending bill because I do not spend a lot of money on a cruise. I very rarely leave the ship except to go for a walk during the duration of a cruise.

I have seen more than one passenger DEMAND something from the Hotel Director or other Senior Staff member because they are a stockholder. No staff member needs to know I am a stockholder.

As I said NO ONE including members of my family need to know what may or may not be in my stock portfolio.

Your comment about someone demanding from the hotel director has nothing to do with a stock holder redeeming their $100 OBC.

And Why would anyone need to know you are a stockholder just because you get $100 OBC? Like I said. Must be nice to just not care about $100.