Where did the smilies go??

JF - retired RRT

:confused::eek:Always used to be able to see the smilies :)when I typed in a thread.

They recently disappeared.(n)

Is it my computer??:confused:Or is it Cruise Critic fixing something that isn't broken??:eek:

I can't even see how many smilies I just used, until I get the message when I post..."you exceeded the number of smilies". Which I just did!! How can I fix it, if I can't see them?

:confused::eek:Always used to be able to see the smilies :)when I typed in a thread.

They recently disappeared.(n)

Is it my computer??:confused:Or is it Cruise Critic fixing something that isn't broken??:eek:

I can't even see how many smilies I just used, until I get the message when I post..."you exceeded the number of smilies". Which I just did!! How can I fix it, if I can't see them?

Something changed a few months ago, causing the font you type in to be changed to Times New Roman, from whatever you used to see. But it posts in Ariel. Also affected the smilies showing up. I believe it has to do with some change Cruise Critic did that doesn't work well with Chrome.

I was told, when typing out a post, to click on the square in the upper right of the reply window (the one with the A/(slanted A) image). That way, when you post a smilie you at least see the keystroke image for that smilie, but it will post as the actual smilie.

Something changed a few months ago, causing the font you type in to be changed to Times New Roman, from whatever you used to see. But it posts in Ariel. Also affected the smilies showing up. I believe it has to do with some change Cruise Critic did that doesn't work well with Chrome.

I was told, when typing out a post, to click on the square in the upper right of the reply window (the one with the A/(slanted A) image). That way, when you post a smilie you at least see the keystroke image for that smilie, but it will post as the actual smilie.

Yes, I do use Chrome. Can't use Firefox, because DH uses Firefox on a different computer and our bookmarks keep switching back and forth. Very confusing.

Thanks for the hint Schmoo, I'll try the slanted A.:D

edit: It worked!!

Yes, I do use Chrome. Can't use Firefox, because DH uses Firefox on a different computer and our bookmarks keep switching back and forth. Very confusing.

Thanks for the hint Schmoo, I'll try the slanted A.:D

edit: It worked!!

Say what? My wife and I both use Firefox on desktops and laptops - 4 computers with 2 users. Never had an issue with bookmarks. Whatever bookmarks we have on a computer stay with that computer and don't affect the other computers at all.

Say what? My wife and I both use Firefox on desktops and laptops - 4 computers with 2 users. Never had an issue with bookmarks. Whatever bookmarks we have on a computer stay with that computer and don't affect the other computers at all.

I wish...ours get all bollixed up. Don't know why, I just know it happens and it's not worth the time to straighten it out. I don't like Firefox, anyway.