Relief band ( the battery or charger type).

Feline-fine

Sorry, my mistake! They are for sea sickness. They have been used with some success for pregnancy, chemotherapy sickness relief etc and are also available for sea sickness. The reviews i have found have been favourable so was wondering if my fellow cruise critic members may have experience of them.

Kind regards

Ceri

I prefer looking at scientific study results vs anecdotal reviews, since the latter can't differentiate actual benefit from placebo effects. But true studies have shown SOME benefit using the accu-stimulation devices. Whether or not they will help the OP can't be guaranteed. The more common Sea band acupressure bands have only proven as effective as placebos. They certainly didn't work for me.

OP, if you decide to try them, bring your usual sea sickness meds along as a back up.

Hi,

Has anyone experience of these? If so are they worth the money? I do manage with drugs but they are not without side effects so would be interested to hear if people's opinions re the bands.

Thank you

Ceri:)

When do you cruise? I will let you know! I bought one for my cruise on April 25th. I have always had motion sickness. I can't even ride in a car unless I am driving. I tried it out on a 25 minute road trip on winding roads while reading, and I did not get nauseous! First time in a long time I was able to be a passenger, and not feel sick or dizzy. I am hoping I have the same success on my cruise, and I will post my experience.

Hi,

Has anyone experience of these? If so are they worth the money? I do manage with drugs but they are not without side effects so would be interested to hear if people's opinions re the bands.

Thank you

Ceri:)

Bands never work for me .I use Bonine.

• 3 weeks later...
When do you cruise? I will let you know! I bought one for my cruise on April 25th. I have always had motion sickness. I can't even ride in a car unless I am driving. I tried it out on a 25 minute road trip on winding roads while reading, and I did not get nauseous! First time in a long time I was able to be a passenger, and not feel sick or dizzy. I am hoping I have the same success on my cruise, and I will post my experience.

Wow...You sound like me!! Exactly the same problem, never a passenger in a car 😀.

Please let me know, i am cruising in August .

Thank you Ceri

I have used the battery powered Relief Band for years and more than 30 cruises. Usually the weather cooperates and I don’t need it, but I won’t sail without it.

Thank you , I'm beginning to think they are definitely worth the cost :D