Caribbean Princess embarkation lunch in MDR?

swdke

nothing wrong with the menu , but, who needs to spend 1 1/2 hours in the mdr when you can be out exploring the ship and people watching???:confused:

Lunch in the MDR on embarkation day is so much nicer than the crowded buffet. It's one of the things I love about Princess. I sailed Royal Caribbean and was disappointed they did not offer this. And lunch doesn't take 1.5 hours.

Lunch in the MDR on embarkation day is so much nicer than the crowded buffet. It's one of the things I love about Princess. I sailed Royal Caribbean and was disappointed they did not offer this. And lunch doesn't take 1.5 hours.

What is a typical menu on embarkation day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does the Caribbean Princess serve lunch in the main dining room on embarkation day? Thanks.

Yes, when we were on board in January.

You can also eat at the International Cafe, Salty Dog or Slices by the Lido Pool, or the new World Fresh Market Place buffet. The Caribbean has a very nice re-built buffet area with improved seating in the buffet area and in Planks and Steamers. I don't remember but the Planks and Steamers buffet line may also be open for lunch on boarding day.

nothing wrong with the menu , but, who needs to spend 1 1/2 hours in the mdr when you can be out exploring the ship and people watching???:confused:

I have to wonder how much exploring needs to be done. We know where things are located - except for the Royal class which we have yet to sail. We rarely make it onboard in time to have MDR lunch on embarkation day so, when we are able to do so, we enjoy the lunch.

I don't know about exploring but eating lunch at the buffet leaves time to unpack before muster.

Having everything put away after lunch means no rushing to unpack before sail away & dinner.

On the Regal in February, the dining room opened for lunch on embarkation day at 11:30. We were on the ship around 11:20 and just waiting around our cabin to go to lunch when I discovered the dining room was already open by reading the Patter.