How do you add pictures to a post?

Hi all,

Quick question—I’m going to write a review of our recent cruise on Oasis, but I don’t know how to add photos to my review. I know it’s probably easy to do, but I’m fairly inexperienced on this board and have never done it. Appreciate the help!

The easiest way is to use the Tapatalk app on your phone or tablet.

Otherwise you have to upload your photos to a photo sharing site like FlickR and then put a link to that photo in your post here on CC.

I either use Tapatalk and upload them directly from the iphone. This is by far the easiest. Or if DH has taken the pics then they are of better quality (!) and they are stored on my SmugMug site and you have to copy them from there...then click on the little yellow photo image on this site and insert the URL of the photo. Be careful that you 'share' and you only do the photo link otherwise people will have access to your whole album and all other albums.

If you aren't posting directly from your phone using Tapatalk as suggested above, I've found that Shutteryfly.com is an easy photo hosting site to use. Create a free account and upload your photos. While on the Shutterfly site, right click on a picture that you want to post here and select copy. Switch to Cruise Critic, right click in your post where you want the picture to appear, and select paste. No need to mess around with clicking on buttons or editing links. Very easy.

You need the image location in the web (the URL), select and copy, then click the yellow icon with the image of a mountain at CC forum (it is the insert image button), then paste the image location in the window that pop up.

You need the image location in the web (the URL), select and copy, then click the yellow icon with the image of a mountain at CC forum (it is the insert image button), then paste the image location in the window that pop up.

This button: insertimage.gif

All depends on your photo work flow. I shoot with a digital SLR using a RAW format. Sounds like OP's husband does as well. That gives me much more editing control but does require processing chosen photos after shooting in Lightroom. I enjoy it, so it's worth it to me. After I "clean up" the pictures that I want, I have an export preset in Lightroom that converts to the .jpg format, resizes so that the longest side is a max of 1024 pixels, and puts new copies in a new folder. One click export for all chosen pictures. I then go to Shutterfly, create a new album, and upload all pictures at once. It's not nearly as much effort as it sounds. Certainly more work than Tapatalk or the CC app, but it's part of a photography hobby.

• Like 1

Thank you, everyone! Another question. I finally figured out Tapatalk. Now, when I try to attach a photo in my post, the actual photo doesn’t show up in my text, just words that look like a link to the photo show up. Should I be seeing my photo in my text, or will the actual photo show up once I post it? Sorry—I’m not tech savvy! But want to post a good review!

All depends on your photo work flow. I shoot with a digital SLR using a RAW format. Sounds like OP's husband does as well. That gives me much more editing control but does require processing chosen photos after shooting in Lightroom. I enjoy it, so it's worth it to me. After I "clean up" the pictures that I want, I have an export preset in Lightroom that converts to the .jpg format, resizes so that the longest side is a max of 1024 pixels, and puts new copies in a new folder. One click export for all chosen pictures. I then go to Shutterfly, create a new album, and upload all pictures at once. It's not nearly as much effort as it sounds. Certainly more work than Tapatalk or the CC app, but it's part of a photography hobby.
Way to much work for most of us. Click and post. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Thank you, everyone! Another question. I finally figured out Tapatalk. Now, when I try to attach a photo in my post, the actual photo doesn’t show up in my text, just words that look like a link to the photo show up. Should I be seeing my photo in my text, or will the actual photo show up once I post it? Sorry—I’m not tech savvy! But want to post a good review!

There is a Test Forum here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=225

OK—I finally figured out how to attach pictures! However when I went to post my first installment of my review, it said I was only allowed to post 6 pictures per post. This confused me because I’m positive I’ve seen people post more than 6 pictures per post. Thoughts? Advice?

OK—I finally figured out how to attach pictures! However when I went to post my first installment of my review, it said I was only allowed to post 6 pictures per post. This confused me because I’m positive I’ve seen people post more than 6 pictures per post. Thoughts? Advice?

I've also seen the limit of 6 photos per post.

Nope. It's six

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...

It’s all going to change in just a few hours when Cruise Critic shuts down for an overhaul. Supposedly they are going to make sharing photos and videos easier than the unbelievable hassle it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, 1025cruise said:

Just a note. The OP was prior to Cruise Critic changing the software last October. Directions may vary.

I tried attaching a photo with the "choosing files" option on the Cruise Critic site, but all I get is the file name.  For the photo above, all I did was copy it from my MacBook Air and paste it here.  The photo appeared but is rather large.