Menu for the Evening Meal in the Ocean View Cafe

bookitdanno

They put out those little votive lights (battery operated) at the Sunset Bar. I have (semi) joked to my husband that I should pack a couple of tea lights and a paper tablecloth for a more romantic atmosphere. That and the operating theater lighting are the things that depress me about the OV for dinner. Food wise I'm very happy with the options.

To go back to the original ask, no menus for OVC buffet but there will be some themed areas that change during the week but there are always standard go to items as others have mentioned prior.

Personally I love the OVC over MDR for every meal. I don't have patience for drawn out meals and have never seen anything on their menus to make me think it is worth the two hours. I have tried it few times but just felt like I was waiting and not really finding the experience any better for me. I do not want to sit at table with strangers and I don't like the closeness of the tables for two. Totally get that others love that it is served and getting to know the servers so good that we have choices.

I will add that the thread(s) that have identified the food not good in OVC, I guess I have low standards :) Food has been great for me and selection awesome, I don't need a table cloth, I don't use one at home either.:eek: :eek::eek::p;pLOL

I find it scary that our culture today demands that opposing opinions be stifled. These forums are useless if they do not express everyone's experiences. Let readers form their own opinions. I prefer going in knowing what to expect. Some love, some hate, and most are in between.

Even if this does not really represent, even remotely, any meaningful cross section of passengers on X?

I, too, enjoy reading differing opinions without fail, yet when these opinions are taken to represent more than 51% of all passengers on X, there is an issue, especially when trying to influence new readers of this or any other 'cruise line' forum here.

Admittedly, some of us have an exclusive club here and like it just fine and we understand that our thoughts do not represent the X universe. Then there are some of us who do not understand or accept that our thoughts do not represent the X universe and go on ad infinitum as if it does and that is when issues arise, IME.

Especially on subjective topics such as this... then again, the boards allow for such exchange of ideas, good, bad, indifferent, controversial (to a degree and pending on decorum)...

bon voyage

To go back to the original ask, no menus for OVC buffet but there will be some themed areas that change during the week but there are always standard go to items as others have mentioned prior.

Personally I love the OVC over MDR for every meal. I don't have patience for drawn out meals and have never seen anything on their menus to make me think it is worth the two hours. I have tried it few times but just felt like I was waiting and not really finding the experience any better for me. I do not want to sit at table with strangers and I don't like the closeness of the tables for two. Totally get that others love that it is served and getting to know the servers so good that we have choices.

I will add that the thread(s) that have identified the food not good in OVC, I guess I have low standards :) Food has been great for me and selection awesome, I don't need a table cloth, I don't use one at home either. LOL

No table clothes at home! Well, you will have to come by me to eat.... even cloth napkins we have. :)

bon voyage

Not sure if I'm doing this reply right but here goes. We just got off The Silouette and the food is outstanding. By the end of the week we were "almost" tired of eating and I gained six pounds. I'm a bit of a foodie so I tried to keep a food log just for fun. We ate at the MDR four times on the anytime dining schedule. Only had to wait once for a table for two usually around 8:00. Always ate much more at the Ocean Café. Most of it changes daily so the variety over the course of a week is ridiculous. Lunch buffet has more and better items than dinner buffet. MDR daily menu is posted at entrance .See the list below of buffet items. Underlined items were MDR. Have fun!

Prime Rib

Beef Wellington

Flank Steak

Steak Kabobs

Beef Curry

Beef Stew

Meatloaf

Sheppard’s Pie

Beef and Rice Stuffed Peppers

Minute Steak with Béarnaise Sauce

Beef with Broccoli

Beef Stir Fry

Steak Fajita

Indian Steak Korma

Chicken Tikka

Roast Chicken

Chicken Cordon Blue

Chicken Curry

Chicken Kabobs

Chicken Saltimbocca

Chicken Parmigiana

Chicken Biryani

Chicken Fajitas

Chicken with Onions and Mushrooms

Butter Chicken

Thai Green Curry Chicken

Chicken with Pasta, Peas, Bacon

Roast Turkey

Turkey Ala King

Indian Samosas

Pork Kabobs

Roast Suckling Pig

Roast Pork Loin

Pork Scaloppini

Pork Carnitas

Bangers

Bacon and Canadian Bacon

Breakfast Sausage

Corned Beef Hash

Honey Baked Ham

Shrimp Cocktail

Shrimp Scampi

Lobster Tails

Falafels

Wild Mushroom Soup

Mushroom Risotto

Green Beans

Potato Soup

French Onion Soup

Potato Salad

Potatoes O’Gratin

Roasted Potatoes

Rice Pilaf

Roasted Tomatoes

Assorted Cheeses

Assorted types of Pizza

Assorted made to order Omelets

Assorted cakes, pies, parfaits, cupcakes, ice cream andcookies

Not sure if I'm doing this reply right but here goes. We just got off The Silouette and the food is outstanding. By the end of the week we were "almost" tired of eating and I gained six pounds. I'm a bit of a foodie so I tried to keep a food log just for fun.--------------------

b - are you saying that this is the list of food you ate or a list of what you saw and remember?

Please tell me it is only what you saw and remember! ;p

bon appetite and bon voyage

They put out those little votive lights (battery operated) at the Sunset Bar. I have (semi) joked to my husband that I should pack a couple of tea lights and a paper tablecloth for a more romantic atmosphere. That and the operating theater lighting are the things that depress me about the OV for dinner. Food wise I'm very happy with the options.

I have a friend who kept a picnic basket packed with a linen tablecloth, napkins, candelabra, and wine glasses. All she had to do was throw in a bottle of wine or two and sparkling cider on the way out her door to those church and PTO potlucks.

b - are you saying that this is the list of food you ate or a list of what you saw and remember?

Please tell me it is only what you saw and remember! ;p

bon appetite and bon voyage

I ate everything on that list except the lobster tail! That was my wife's. THE KEY DISIPLINE IS "A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING" not "ALOT of EVERYTHING". Even after that cruise, I'm in good shape right now.

I ate everything on that list except the lobster tail! That was my wife's. THE KEY DISIPLINE IS "A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING" not "ALOT of EVERYTHING". Even after that cruise, I'm in good shape right now.

You are a great man, sir. My hat is off to you!

bon appetite and bon voyage!

We like dinner to be a little nicer than lunch. Translated.....Wouldn't it be nice if Celebrity had a section of the OVC set up with table cloths silverware and glasses....and just let us go to the buffet area to get food......vs find your own table, get your own water/soda/? etc.

Just a thought on how Celebrity could improve their offering at minimal cost.....

That is what we found on HAL last year -- it's amazing what a table cloth and few place settings can do to change the atmosphere in the buffet area.

There were no crowds and no rush to find a seat, we could take our time and even have an extra helping of dessert -- a nice change of pace.

I don't need a tablecloth in the OVC...but how nice even a paper placemat would be.

Where am I supposed to put my utensils (don't need new ones) if I go back to get something else from the buffet ? I hate putting them on the bare table or on my napkin that's going back on my lap...and if I leave them on my used plate a server will take them. What do you all do ?

I don't need a tablecloth in the OVC...but how nice even a paper placemat would be.

Where am I supposed to put my utensils (don't need new ones) if I go back to get something else from the buffet ? I hate putting them on the bare table or on my napkin that's going back on my lap...and if I leave them on my used plate a server will take them. What do you all do ?

I'm not a germophobe, but I would never leave my utensils on the table. I've seen how they clean them. Even in the Tuscan Grill where they have those reusable placemats with the holes in them, they just shake the crumbs out and reuse them.

Usually we take turns leaving the table, so it's not a problem with them taking the utensils.

Now that we are on that subject, I used to notice when the servers in the MDR would clean off the table when people finished, if there are any utensils that they think were not used, they would put them back with the clean ones. Yuck! People lick and use a utensil and put it back in its place on the table. Lately, I've noticed that they put all unused silverware in with the dirty ones.

I find it scary that our culture today demands that opposing opinions be stifled. These forums are useless if they do not express everyone's experiences. Let readers form their own opinions. I prefer going in knowing what to expect. Some love, some hate, and most are in between.

Thank you for this reasoned response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

the daily program, there will be a note on the theme at the Oceanview Cafe for that night. Some have included Greek, British, Italian, Jamaican, Mexican, etc. Then there are the usual steaks, pork chops, chicken and fish which are grilled. Usually, there is Indian and Mexican food. You also have the salad bar, pasta and pizza station.

I have looked through dailies and I can't figure out where the themes are indicated for the OVC. Can you tell me where to look?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have looked through dailies and I can't figure out where the themes are indicated for the OVC. Can you tell me where to look?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure I remember seeing it in the dailies (it might have been) - but it was sign-posted at several locations within the OVC each day

Are the steak grilles back aft near the rear bar area on most OV layouts? I assume they are because I never went back there and missed that gem

Yes, the grills are along the rear wall by the Mexican area and between the dessert areas.

Dinner themes are located in the Dailies and also on the sign when you enter the buffet.

Going on my first Celebrity cruise onboard Eclipse next month...So tell me what the difference is between Breakfast Buffet and late Breakfast (food wise) ? What's served during Afternoon Tea? Also what is available during the Chef's Late Night Selection?

Going on my first Celebrity cruise onboard Eclipse next month...So tell me what the difference is between Breakfast Buffet and late Breakfast (food wise) ? What's served during Afternoon Tea? Also what is available during the Chef's Late Night Selection?

Anyone care to answer ?