Can I purchase a bottle at the bar?

Sailing on Anthem in June and was wondering if it was possible to buy a bottle of hard liquor at a bar and have it available just for me similar to the wine bottle service. We usually pick one bar and make it ours all week so I'm not worried about it having to travel to wherever we are.

I know it will be at upcharged prices and I know I could just buy a drink package but that isn't what I want to know about. I also don't want the room service bottle option as they don't have the liquor I want (Grey Goose) and I also don't want it in the room.

Thanks in advance!

We usually pick one bar and make it ours all week so I'm not worried about it having to travel to wherever we are.

I know it will be at upcharged prices

So if they DID offer this, I'm curious why you'd want it. Surely the upcharge would be such that it wouldn't save you any money over paying drink by drink. ???

So if they DID offer this, I'm curious why you'd want it. Surely the upcharge would be such that it wouldn't save you any money over paying drink by drink. ???

It’s not always about the money. It’s about the convenience, being able to sit on your balcony and have a few drinks without having to go to the bar and get them. Some I’m sure would even pay a premium.

It’s not always about the money. It’s about the convenience, being able to sit on your balcony and have a few drinks without having to go to the bar and get them. Some I’m sure would even pay a premium.

This is my thought exactly. For some reason, most people here don't understand this concept. I am one that would pay the premium to have a bottle for the occasional drink in my cabin.

But that’s not what the OP was asking about. He wanted to have a bottle “held” for him at a particular bar so he could have a drink from it whenever he wanted. To me it makes no sense - I mean is he afraid that bar will run out of his alcohol of choice? In any event, it can’t be done.

You really don't think so? A 750 ml bottle contains nearly 17 shots.

But what would the charge be for it? Surely he wouldn’t be thinking he would be paying the price of a bottle from the onboard shop?

But what would the charge be for it? Surely he wouldn’t be thinking he would be paying the price of a bottle from the onboard shop?

No I'm sure he wouldn't think that, but I seriously doubt it would be the cost of 17 individual shots.

The OP specifically said it was not for use on balcony, but rather to be held at a particular bar for him.

You really don't think so? A 750 ml bottle contains nearly 17 shots.

No, I don't. Why in the world would they offer to keep a bottle at the bar for you that would total less than drinking an equivalent amount of liquor by the shot?! That would be a very poor business decision.

Why not? How much should he be expected to pay?

However much is the price of the 375 ml bottles they sell times 2, which is way less than the price of 17 shots purchased individually.

Yeah, good luck with that. If they followed your idea, everyone would do it and Royal would lose a lot of money.

Of course, if everyone did it the logistics would be terrible....imagine having to keep even 100 separate bottles of liquor marked with passenger names. Storage alone would be an issue, never mind the additional time to find each bottle. It took 20 minutes to get a drink at the Sky Bar on Brilliance a few weeks ago; I can only imagine what would happen if they were having to sort through everyone's individual liquor bottles.

Please read the entire post below. You CAN save a lot of money if you want to have the ability to pour a drink in your cabin.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=55709054&highlight=zteamtwo#post55709054

In Royal Gifts they offer 4 choices of alcohol (not counting wine and champagne) to purchase for your cabin. What if you want something that isn't one of the four. Can you please direct me to a link where I can purchase something other than those four choices?

No, I don't. Why in the world would they offer to keep a bottle at the bar for you that would total less than drinking an equivalent amount of liquor by the shot?! That would be a very poor business decision.

Yeah, good luck with that. If they followed your idea, everyone would do it and Royal would lose a lot of money.

Of course, if everyone did it the logistics would be terrible....imagine having to keep even 100 separate bottles of liquor marked with passenger names. Storage alone would be an issue, never mind the additional time to find each bottle. It took 20 minutes to get a drink at the Sky Bar on Brilliance a few weeks ago; I can only imagine what would happen if they were having to sort through everyone's individual liquor bottles.

You missed the point. I wasn't suggesting that the cruise line do this. I was responding to someone that said "it wouldn't save you any money over paying drink by drink".

Sort of on the subject, and just a bit of history. A number of years ago, for about one or 2 years, Royal Caribbean allowed you to purchase a bottle of any alcohol of your choice in Duty Free on the ship, and for $9 you could take it for consumption in your cabin. At the time, Absolut Vodka was $9 per liter, so for $18 per liter you could buy a bottle and take it with you. AND there was no limit! So, we were young cruisers and tended to try to "sneak" a bottle on board. I told one of our group that you could buy it and pay $9 to take it with you. He said "I'm not paying $9 additional dollars to take a bottle to my cabin! I'll sneak it on board." So I pointed out that where we live, a liter of Abslout cost $28. It took him awhile to figure out that $9 per liter plus $9 carry charge was $10 LESS than buying it at home and sneaking it on board, not to mention a lot less "problematic. :)

Won't speculate on why Royal Caribbean stopped this practice after only a year or two. :(

Sort of on the subject, and just a bit of history. A number of years ago, for about one or 2 years, Royal Caribbean allowed you to purchase a bottle of any alcohol of your choice in Duty Free on the ship, and for $9 you could take it for consumption in your cabin. At the time, Absolut Vodka was $9 per liter, so for $18 per liter you could buy a bottle and take it with you. AND there was no limit! So, we were young cruisers and tended to try to "sneak" a bottle on board. I told one of our group that you could buy it and pay $9 to take it with you. He said "I'm not paying $9 additional dollars to take a bottle to my cabin! I'll sneak it on board." So I pointed out that where we live, a liter of Abslout cost $28. It took him awhile to figure out that $9 per liter plus $9 carry charge was $10 LESS than buying it at home and sneaking it on board, not to mention a lot less "problematic. :)

Won't speculate on why Royal Caribbean stopped this practice after only a year or two. :(

And after they removed that process, and people were complaining and demanding to have it brought back, I started a poll asking people how much they would be willing to pay for this privilege.

The results were OVERWHELMINGLY "very little."

I'll try to find the thread.