Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

3 hours ago, Pushkin said:

I have reviewed this thread, but cannot find an answer to this question -- If a move-up bid is accepted more than 30 days out (from an Oceanview to a balcony), can you bid again, say for an Aqua class cabin?

I suppose if you went into the MoveUp site and AQ was offered to you to bid.  Not all categories are offered since they are full.  

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

If you place a bid for a Royal Suite or Edge Villa and the bid is accepted will you receive all the Suite perks such as unlimited Speciality Dining, Premium drink package and upgraded internet?

No, you keep the perks you had such as wifi, drink package and tips.  You will get amenities of the room such as specialty dining, retreat access, bar set up with two bottles.  You also keep the Captains Club points at the same amount as the room you originally had.  If you were not in a suite before the move up you will also have to pay the additional amount in daily tips for suites.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 3:38 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Just noticed my cruise was offered for a move up.  December 30, 2022 on the Apex.  I cannot believe the prices!  So high.  I am currently in a S2 and yet the additional cost is so high.  Best to book early and stay put now.

Cool - we're sailing on the Solstice 2Jan2023 so hoping we'll see a MoveUp offer soon!  We've sailed on Royal Caribbean numerous times and are familiar with the RoyalUp program, so interested to see how the bidding process works with Celebrity...

On 10/19/2022 at 3:38 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Just noticed my cruise was offered for a move up.  December 30, 2022 on the Apex.  I cannot believe the prices!  So high.  I am currently in a S2 and yet the additional cost is so high.  Best to book early and stay put now.

On 10/21/2022 at 10:56 PM, Ready2SailAway said:

Cool - we're sailing on the Solstice 2Jan2023 so hoping we'll see a MoveUp offer soon!  We've sailed on Royal Caribbean numerous times and are familiar with the RoyalUp program, so interested to see how the bidding process works with Celebrity...

Went online and tried the MoveUp link this morning but said too early for our sailing.  Now just received an email from Celebrity with our MoveUp offer!  We'll see...

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 12:12 PM, kfrey68 said:

Has anyone noticed if cabins remain available, does the minimum bid amount ever go down? Just curious.

We are booked on the Solstice sailing Nov 5th. I did get an email about move up bidding. They lowered the starting bid for CS to $375pp. RS, CS and SS are what I'm able to bid on. I went to see what suites Celebrity has available on line to book. Celebrity does not have any suites available for this sailing. Why reduce the opening bid for a suite that is not available to even book.

1 minute ago, bigbenboys said:

We are booked on the Solstice sailing Nov 5th. I did get an email about move up bidding. They lowered the starting bid for CS to $375pp. RS, CS and SS are what I'm able to bid on. I went to see what suites Celebrity has available on line to book. Celebrity does not have any suites available for this sailing. Why reduce the opening bid for a suite that is not available to even book.

Perhaps No one bid on that particular category?  They want to have some bids in case there is a last minute cancellation?  Just my guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2022 at 8:59 AM, Luvcrusn said:

That is exactly what I do. This is the first time we've received the Move Up email.  Normally however I've never been able to bid this early before a cruise date. Strange.

Same for me.   Last night I checked and was able to bid on two cruses but never received any invitations.   The cruises are as much as 45 days about which really surprised me.   

The ships are only about 65% sold which may be the reason.   Suites are fully booked but lots of opportunity for most other classes

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Same for me.   Last night I checked and was able to bid on two cruses but never received any invitations.   The cruises are as much as 45 days about which really surprised me.   

The ships are only about 65% sold which may be the reason.   Suites are fully booked but lots of opportunity for most other classes

We were able to bid over 70 days out for our New Years cruise.  The prices are so high, and yet all the suites are booked!  

On 10/26/2022 at 11:51 AM, bigbenboys said:

This exactly same scenario played out for me for the 11/19 cruise. So we shall see! 

On 10/8/2022 at 1:02 AM, Pushkin said:

I have reviewed this thread, but cannot find an answer to this question -- If a move-up bid is accepted more than 30 days out (from an Oceanview to a balcony), can you bid again, say for an Aqua class cabin?

You can go online and place another bid for any class of cabin that is offered.  Just understand your prior bid was applied to your veranda cabin.

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You can go online and place another bid for any class of cabin that is offered.  Just understand your prior bid was applied to your veranda cabin.

Thanks, but all it shows is that my bid from OV to Balcony was accepted. ?

40 minutes ago, Pushkin said:

Thanks, but all it shows is that my bid from OV to Balcony was accepted. ?

If it says your bid was accepted you should also see a charge on your CC.   Also when you go to Manage your reservation it should show you new room if upgraded.