Live from the Sapphire Princess

ohhbother

I have to say I am not impressed with the new menus that were recently posted. The easiest way to ask what menus Sapphire is using was in reference to this.

To each their own. Personally - I am tired of the upsell environment.

Wonder if the Ruby’s new menus and the paid Crown Grill entrées will go fleetwide. :confused:

Items such as Waffles & Chicken (2 drumsticks) on the dinner menu isn’t the type of food that attracts me to Princess. :eek:

Wonder if the Ruby’s new menus and the paid Crown Grill entrées will go fleetwide. :confused:

Items such as Waffles & Chicken (2 drumsticks) on the dinner menu isn’t the type of food that attracts me to Princess. :eek:

Sounds like something from Wendy's Diner in Dodge City, or somewhere like that.:rolleyes:I wonder if the menus in the cover charge eateries has dropped in quality because of so many pax getting the 'free dinner' on the 3 for free promo? Thus the budget for those eateries being reduced. Like we have got it on each of our next 3 Princess cruises - Sapphire B2B and Royal.

Sounds like something from Wendy's Diner in Dodge City, or somewhere like that.:rolleyes:I wonder if the menus in the cover charge eateries has dropped in quality because of so many pax getting the 'free dinner' on the 3 for free promo? Thus the budget for those eateries being reduced. Like we have got it on each of our next 3 Princess cruises - Sapphire B2B and Royal.

My recent specialty restaurant experiences have been disappointing so we're less likely to pay to dine there. Maybe other passengers are having similar experiences because there have been recent posts about a discount coupon for first night dining at a specialty restaurant.

My recent specialty restaurant experiences have been disappointing so we're less likely to pay to dine there. Maybe other passengers are having similar experiences because there have been recent posts about a discount coupon for first night dining at a specialty restaurant.

Thanks, as you would remember in the old days Crown Grill and Sabatinis were great. We will try the cover charge eateries on Sapphire and Royal as we have the free dinner on 3 for free promo. But I doubt I would pay for those, given the reports on such places lately.

Thanks, as you would remember in the old days Crown Grill and Sabatinis were great. We will try the cover charge eateries on Sapphire and Royal as we have the free dinner on 3 for free promo. But I doubt I would pay for those, given the reports on such places lately.

I do recall them being consistently great and not hit & miss for food & service. :(

I think you’re sailing the Sapphire before we do on 6/23/18 and if you have anything to share that would be greatly appreciated.

Frank;

What are the "Paid Entrees" in the CG. I've never heard of them.....:confused::confused::confused:

Bob

Frank;

What are the "Paid Entrees" in the CG. I've never heard of them.....[emoji782][emoji782][emoji782]

Bob

Bob...here’s a link to menu photos from the Ruby’s 3/31/18 cruise which includes “Crown Grill Selects” options in the MDR: $19: 14 oz Rib Eye or 8 oz filet mignon; $29: 6 to 7 oz lobster tail or surf & turf. The entrées have some sides such as mashed potatoes & veggies and other nightly menu items are available.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55839781&postcount=77

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'm going to struggle with the starters (appetizers) if they are predominantly sea food - not a fan.

My wife and daughter, on the other hand, will love it. Maybe I should just have 2 mains (entrees)! Or have a Pizza starter in Alfredos before heading to the dining room!

I'm going to struggle with the starters (appetizers) if they are predominantly sea food - not a fan.

My wife and daughter, on the other hand, will love it. Maybe I should just have 2 mains (entrees)! Or have a Pizza starter in Alfredos before heading to the dining room!

Too funny! Me too! I can usually have a pasta course as an appetizer (spaghetti from kids menu, fettuccine alfredo, daily pasta, etc..)

Too funny! Me too! I can usually have a pasta course as an appetizer (spaghetti from kids menu, fettuccine alfredo, daily pasta, etc..)

Hadn't thought of that, thanks for the suggestion.

I think one thing is for certain though - I won't go hungry!

I'm looking forward to trying all these places for food but also looking for others experiences with the alcohol drinks packages...new to cruising and while I have a husband who can drink several drinks plus, I don't have his stamina :( so two packages wouldn't be smart. Will he be able to get me a drink here and there or is that type of behaviour policed!

I'm looking forward to trying all these places for food but also looking for others experiences with the alcohol drinks packages...new to cruising and while I have a husband who can drink several drinks plus, I don't have his stamina :( so two packages wouldn't be smart. Will he be able to get me a drink here and there or is that type of behaviour policed!

No sharing of any drink package beverages are permitted.

You both don’t need to buy the drink package so he can have the drink package and you can buy the few drinks that you like.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder if your driver was the one we had from Rome Cabs. She was very frantic during our transfer from the port to the airport. She drove way over the speed limit (like 20 mph over) with a fully packed van full of CCers and was talking not on one cell phone at the same time, but TWO. She was yelling & arguing like crazy into both of phones. :o

I wonder if your driver was the one we had from Rome Cabs. She was very frantic during our transfer from the port to the airport. She drove way over the speed limit (like 20 mph over) with a fully packed van full of CCers and was talking not on one cell phone at the same time, but TWO. She was yelling & arguing like crazy into both of phones. :o

Perhaps your Forum name would have been more suitable for her?

I am back online! My 150 platinum minutes were wasted. I tried using internet from my aft mini suite without much luck. Very slow. Loved the ship, crew, ports, and my cabin. Toilet not flushing issues were also in other cabins dolphin deck and public ones on deck 7. Maintence tried. TV s were not working for 1 and 1/2 days in my cabin.

San a tini has a 10 oz steak. Lobster was great too, as was chicken. Appetizers were excellent and desserts too if you want a 2 nd entree in specialty dining it is an extra $10. So $29 pp is the regular charge. We went 2 x s and felt it was worth it. Food has improved since 2012 sailing. Alfredo's pizza in piazza deck 5 opens at 11. Went 2 x s at 11:30 before it got busy.

Heads up: formal night jacket for men in main dining room is required. Turned men away. Offered to lend jacket, to carry in, place on chair If head waiter saw man was displeased. Saw no ties, casual shirts on men, flip flops on women. Same place, same night.