Live from the Prinsendam - 28 day Azores and Celtic Explorer - May 5th, 2018

kazu

Breakfast done , and we're doing the last minute packing up before meeting the others at 10:30 to go to the ship.

We had a jolly dinner together after the Managers reception. Her DH was late to the reception, so Jacqui asked Marie, our French waitress, to give him a call, in French. So off she went, but unfortunately he must have already been on his way down, so we never got to hear how it might have turned out. Marie sat at the table with us for a while, and chatted. Great fun!

Then we decided to go to the Irish pub across the street. Pat had a Guinness, the others, beer, wine or martini. The food was quite good, and plentiful! We walked back to the hotel by 9, so it was an early night. Our last for a while on dry land!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Vict0riann

Jacqui,

I hope you have a wonderful cruise on the lovely Prinsendam. I love that DAM ship! Nice itinerary. Maybe one day I will be able to spend that long on the Prinsendam. We did spend 16 on her on December 2015, and it was not long enough.

David

This thread is fun already and you haven’t even set sail!

We can picture you at ES and surrounding area.

Total Wine:)

Do you remember the story about the guy who picked up lots of frozen iguanas to take them to a local vet? They all “woke up” inside his warm car. :o:')

Fingers crossed for nice weather but fortunately, Ann (Vict0riann) suggested a wise location for our sail a way so that we will be protected.

Y'all are going to be aft on the prom, right? I plan on watching but probably should be packing (see signature);p

Y'all are going to be aft on the prom, right? I plan on watching but probably should be packing (see signature);p

Yes right beside/behind the aft dining room.

Sitting in the waiting area of the terminal with ncgolferette , gigianne & Vict0riann and around 300 4-5* mariners (give or take).

Embarkation was very smooth. Very courteous and welcoming. A big switch from previous.

Another change was that rather than have a wine table, if you have more than the 2 bottles, they take them, label them, give you a receipt and you go to a bar on board to retrieve them (and pay your corkage).

New in FLL since we last embarked here.

I just checked the FLL webcam and it looks like a beautiful day in the making, with a current temp of 82F. Let's hope the sunshine and warmth continues for you!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

We should get Laura to rename the thread Live from the Embassy Suite.

LOL - the remaining posts will be from the Prinsendam :)

Will be boarding in a few minutes I suspect ;)

I just checked the FLL webcam and it looks like a beautiful day in the making, with a current temp of 82F. Let's hope the sunshine and warmth continues for you!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

It's been beautiful so far - rained hard all night so maybe we will luck up (yn)

PEV now lists sailaway at 18:00. Not really surprising for a transatlantic. Any early diners in the sailaway group? Just throwing out an idea; what I would often do in that situation is touch base with my table at dinnertime and tell them I'll get an entrée in the lido and join them later for coffee and desert,

Roy

I think those iguanas are cute...I forget which island in the Caribbean we visited which had a bunch of them...Puerto Rico? St. Thomas? St. Maarten? Can't remember....but they were all sunning on the rocks near the where the ship was docked.

St. Thomas at Crown Bay. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk