Live from the Prinsendam - 28 day Azores and Celtic Explorer - May 5th, 2018

kazu

Have a great cruise in the Great Land :)

We fly out tomorrow and are scheduled to be in FLL tomorrow evening.

I think we are getting out in time. Flood waters are escalating in Southern New Brunswick. I think our house is ok, but roads are closed and more are going to be closed as it crests :(. And it's raining tonight :(

I remember all the years I lived in Fredericton and Oromocto and all the floods. Can't wait to read your reports. Will be sailing on her Aug5 to Sept2. If you could tell me who is CD and Cellar Master during Aug. I would really appreciate it. Do you do AYWD.

Hope the rains stop long enough for you to fly out tomorrow.

Where do you get your connecting flight?

It will be pouring here when we leave, I think. Hopefully for everyone's sake here, it stops.

Our connecting flight is in Montreal.

I remember all the years I lived in Fredericton and Oromocto and all the floods. Can't wait to read your reports. Will be sailing on her Aug5 to Sept2. If you could tell me who is CD and Cellar Master during Aug. I would really appreciate it. Do you do AYWD.

I will try to remember to ask when I am on board. If I forget, just repost the question once I am sailing and I will ask the CD and Cellar Master if they are staying on for August. Or, the concierge may be able to tell me.

A lot of our friends are doing AYWD (anytime dining I think?). We do fixed. I like the forward dining room. ;).

Now, we may change, who knows, but if things are as per usual, I think we will stick with what we have ;)

Prayers that all your flights go well.

thank you. We just need to get through Customs/Immigration ( whatever is the right word) to get into the U.S. It takes time but hopefully we have enough.

After that we are home free assuming our puddle hopper can go (yn).

I'm not sure how heavy rains affect them :(

thank you. We just need to get through Customs/Immigration ( whatever is the right word) to get into the U.S. It takes time but hopefully we have enough.

After that we are home free assuming our puddle hopper can go (yn).

I'm not sure how heavy rains affect them :(

Fingers crossed that all will be smooth for you and José to get into the Us!

So excited for you! Loved your last blog

And the photos you did!! Remember the pics of you and DH dancing? I do and you all had a wonderful time!

Also loved your apt/flat in Paris too!

Have a relaxing time Jacqui!

Smooth Sailings

Denise:)

Flying to Fort Lauderdale tonight on the "red eye". Arrive at FLL at 5:10 am tomorrow morning!

Two full days with friends before boarding the Prinsendam on Saturday and making new friends.

See all of you soon.

Glenn

Flying to Fort Lauderdale tonight on the "red eye". Arrive at FLL at 5:10 am tomorrow morning!

Two full days with friends before boarding the Prinsendam on Saturday and making new friends.

See all of you soon.

Glenn

Glenn,

Have a fantastic cruise!!! The elegant explorer is special and you will indeed make new friends. A red eye is great knowing the outcome🤗

Smooth Sailings

We are at Timmie's in Toronto Airport. Even with Nexus we got an extra inspection at US immigration, but it was all pretty quick. I saw Gigianne at our gate. I wonder if there are other cruisers in the waiting area![emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are at Timmie's in Toronto Airport. Even with Nexus we got an extra inspection at US immigration, but it was all pretty quick. I saw Gigianne at our gate. I wonder if there are other cruisers in the waiting area![emoji4]

We are in Montreal. Sailed through Customs quite quickly (no Nexus card).

Having a short break in the lounge and then it's time to hoof it to our gate which is a fair distance away.

What else can you expect with Air Canada Rough (really called Air Canada Rouge LOL. )

DH is getting excited ;). About time. LOL :')

See you tonight Ann :).

Beautiful day in FLL this morning!

Jacqui hope all went well for you and now you can relax and enjoy your fantastic trip.

Will be doing our Sailaway tomorrow with our appitizers and wine and waving back at the TV watching you on the aft waving back😉

So looking forward to your reports!

Smooth Sailings Jacqui!

We had a lovely sleep-in this morning and didn't wake up until 10 am - which actually was only 7 am in Victoria, so quite a respectable time, but we missed breakfast at the ES, so we headed over to Joe's Cafe for brunch, which was excellent with very attentive service. Then Publix, JJ Max and Total Wine. I am quite stiff today - I guess because of two days of sitting in uncomfortable aircraft, so I will have to do some exercising on board. But I managed to pick up a few things, and it's always nice to have some clothing that is different from what I'd find at home.

Yesterday, we met up with Gigianne and her DH first at Toronto Airport and then later at the ES Manager's reception. Kazu and her DH showed up halfway through as their flight was later. We stayed on to have dinner at the ES instead of going out.

All is well, and we're looking forward to tomorrow.