What broadway play?

George C

2 hours ago, Langoustine said:

It was just announced that all Broadway shows are closed through June 7.

My feeling is that the theaters will not open till January 2021.If you go on Playbill.com they list by name the actors who have the virus .The list grows every day.

We now can get a refund for our tickets for Girl from the north country that we were supposed to see next month , Lenny I think and hope you are incorrect with your prediction. Hoping to reschedule our New York trip for later this year maybe early fall, depending if restaurants and shows are open. 

• Like 1

I have to now cancel my New York hotel reservations, actually have reservations in 5 hotels 3 in buffalo area and two in New York, agree hotel reservations should be easy to get anytime this year. 

On 4/9/2020 at 10:50 AM, George C said:

We now can get a refund for our tickets for Girl from the north country that we were supposed to see next month , Lenny I think and hope you are incorrect with your prediction. Hoping to reschedule our New York trip for later this year maybe early fall, depending if restaurants and shows are open. 

The Mayor Of NYC stated today that the city schools will not open till September.

The theaters will likely open around the same time.I still believe that nothing in NYC will open till there is a proven vaccine for the virus which is projected for January 2021.

28 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Mayor Of NYC stated today that the city schools will not open till September.

The theaters will likely open around the same time.I still believe that nothing in NYC will open till there is a proven vaccine for the virus which is projected for January 2021.

I heard the Mayor say one thing but the Governor is saying something else...……..

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

I heard the Mayor say one thing but the Governor is saying something else...……..

Yes,the Governor implied that Mayor is not the person to make that decision .The Mayor wants people to return to work in May.The Governor said how can parents return to work in May and their children go back to school in September.

To reiterate or iterate what I have been saying I cannot fathom anything being resolved before a vaccine is developed which supposedly will be in January.

41 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,the Governor implied that Mayor is not the person to make that decision .The Mayor wants people to return to work in May.The Governor said how can parents return to work in May and their children go back to school in September.

To reiterate or iterate what I have been saying I cannot fathom anything being resolved before a vaccine is developed which supposedly will be in January.

Hi Lenny, not sure what is going to happen (Nobody knows that answer really) but I don't think the country will be

shut down till January.  (just my opinion).I don't think it will be ready in May either but to stay closed for the rest

of the year?:classic_blink:...unless you are saying things need to be done slowly and AFTER testing.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Lenny, not sure what is going to happen (Nobody knows that answer really) but I don't think the country will be

shut down till January.  (just my opinion).I don't think it will be ready in May either but to stay closed for the rest

of the year?:classic_blink:...unless you are saying things need to be done slowly and AFTER testing.

Lois R:

I believe that people will not return to work or school in 2020.Obviously I could be wrong but I hope that we will all be here when it happens.

Lenny😀

On 4/11/2020 at 7:40 PM, Lois R said:

I agree that the city will reopen. The main reason for the shut down is to flatten the curve, so the entire health system doesn’t collapse. It will be back, but a new normal. 

1 hour ago, Got2Cruise said:

I agree that the city will reopen. The main reason for the shut down is to flatten the curve, so the entire health system doesn’t collapse. It will be back, but a new normal. 

I agree.....I also think (just my opinion) they need to do ALOT of testing before they re-open anything. I think safety

has to come first and just don't think things will be ready in just over 2 weeks. Isn't May 1st the date that keeps

floating around?:classic_blink:

50 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I agree.....I also think (just my opinion) they need to do ALOT of testing before they re-open anything. I think safety

has to come first and just don't think things will be ready in just over 2 weeks. Isn't May 1st the date that keeps

Flattening the curve also extends the curve...  Total area under the curve generally doesn't change, so if you don't have the height, you have to have the width so the actual cases of illness (not just test positives) are spread out.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

May 1 for the country maybe, but for NY the epicenter, it won’t happen. 

2 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

May 1 for the country maybe, but for NY the epicenter, it won’t happen. 

They cannot open businesses in NY and keep the schools closed till September.

They are being pressured by the NBA,NFL and MLB who are collectively losing millions of dollars.

We have tickets to Todd Rundgren on May 22, in nyc just been notified it has been postponed with no makeup date yet. Beginning to think we may have to skip our annual trip this year. Unless things open up by September    
  I see one of the stars of many plays including Bronx tale has covid-19, have seen him in a few shows. Nick Cordero .

Edited by George C

34 minutes ago, George C said:

We have tickets to Todd Rundgren on May 22, in nyc just been notified it has been postponed with no makeup date yet. Beginning to think we may have to skip our annual trip this year. Unless things open up by September    
  I see one of the stars of many plays including Bronx tale has covid-19, have seen him in a few shows. Nick Cordero .

The lead actors in many of the hit shows have tested positive.

On 4/18/2020 at 12:50 PM, Langoustine said:

Nick Cordero's wife says he may never walk again: https://news.yahoo.com/nick-cordero-broadway-star-may-195310716.html

Extremely sad news, because my brother ran a theater our group of about 25 were able to ask questions of all the actors, after the play ended, they told stories about the play and Robert Dinero and how Chazz Pammanterri still would see the show and sometimes change it slightly.

Michael Urie did a one man play a few years back Off Broadway called Buyer & Cellar.  Great show sort of about Barbra Streisand, but not really.  We enjoyed it greatly.  He did a "reunion" show last night from his home that got raves.  Was on after our bedtime but we'll be watching tonight.

• Like 1