What broadway play?

George C

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Some of our family live there. It’s truly a great spot for watching ships come and go. 

My very first job was for US Lines who then had a couple of cruise ships including SS United States , located at 2 broadway, had a large window in the computer room where I worked with a perfect view of the Statue of Liberty, occasionally would see cruise ships pass it.

Very sad with the broadway shows closing and I would guess some other venues also, hopefully it is temporary. 

16 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

George C,

Knew A&S well. In the 50's & 60's use to Santa on the 7th Floor in Toy Land. Use to also gone to Martin's across. Use to go to Juniors on DeKalb. Also use to go to the Horn & Hardt on Jay with the fancy coin machines. Also use to go across the street from Juniors before going home on the Subway had a Frank and Orangeade from the Stand. Then took home a three ring pretzel for the ride home.

Enjoy going to Carroll Garden now a days to Whole Foods, my favorite supermarket.

Also miss Carnegie and Stage with the 7-8 inch sandwiches. One Chopped Liver Sandwich on Rye use to be able to feed about a 1/2 dozen people.

Love our Mill Basin Deli in Lower Brooklyn. Always take home about a dozen Half Sour Pickles and Have 2 Quarts of their Chicken Broth in the Freezer in case in need of Brooklyn Penicillin for those ill days.

I still have my picture of meeting Santa in 1952 in Toyland.In 1961 I worked in Korvettes .I went to the Automat often. In 1971 I had a friend living in Carroll Gardens.

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I still have my picture of meeting Santa in 1952 in Toyland.In 1961 I worked in Korvettes .I went to the Automat often. In 1971 I had a friend living in Carroll Gardens.

I miss the Automat - used to have lunch at the one on 59th Street between Park and Madison,  Of course nothing could beat a Schrafft’s club sandwich.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I miss the Automat - used to have lunch at the one on 59th Street between Park and Madison,  Of course nothing could beat a Schrafft’s club sandwich.

I was never at the Automat on 59 St.I do not recall one being at that location .What years are you referring to ? I also never had a Schrafft’s club sandwich .

41 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I used to frequent the on on 42 St and I believe 3rd.Ave around that time.

Yes - on the East side of Third - just south of 42nd Street.  There was also one on 86th - between Third and Second if my memory serves.  You ever eat at Child's - great pancakes all day.

Then, for something quick and cheap,  there was The Orange Room (some called it Nedick's) in many locations.

Edited by navybankerteacher

Just heard that 2 more Broadway shows canceled. Radio City canceled the Christmas Show for rest of the season. Times Square New Years may be scaled down or decision how to handle closer to date. Things seem to change several times in a day..

New York really being challenged.

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Yes - on the East side of Third - just south of 42nd Street.  There was also one on 86th - between Third and Second if my memory serves.  You ever eat at Child's - great pancakes all day.

Then, for something quick and cheap,  there was The Orange Room (some called it Nedick's) in many locations.

I never heard of Childs but yes ,I ate at Nedick’s many times.

Remember Tad’s Steak House ?

Edited by lenquixote66

30 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Just heard that 2 more Broadway shows canceled. Radio City canceled the Christmas Show for rest of the season. Times Square New Years may be scaled down or decision how to handle closer to date. Things seem to change several times in a day..

I wonder how the incoming Mayor of NYC will address everything .

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never heard of Childs but yes ,I ate at Nedick’s many times.

Remember Tad’s Steak House ?

Loved Nedick's with the toasted roll especially their mustard very good and Orangeade

Also we loved downtown and went to Chock Full of Nuts. I liked their Date Nut Bread Sandwich with Cream Cheese.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I wonder how the incoming Mayor of NYC will address everything .

Unfortunately this is in the hands with the current one and is waiting to speak on the 1st during his administration.

But Adams said will address the current information at that time and address the people.

Oh BTW..... Another Play is down for the count......MJ..... Michael Jackson show.... recently been added.

6 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Loved Nedick's with the toasted roll especially their mustard very good and Orangeade

Also we loved downtown and went to Chock Full of Nuts. I liked their Date Nut Bread Sandwich with Cream Cheese.

Of course -- some of the classic dirty water hot dog wagons are still around

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I loved Chock Full Of Nuts ,Date Nut Bread and Cream cheese too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

What a blast from the past.  Loved those sandwiches!

Those were the good old days.

9 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Unfortunately this is in the hands with the current one and is waiting to speak on the 1st during his administration.

But Adams said will address the current information at that time and address the people.

Oh BTW..... Another Play is down for the count......MJ..... Michael Jackson show.... recently been added.

I have a feeling that Broadway may fully close down.I hope I am wrong.

16 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Our local production of Christmas Carol that we saw last week , is now temporary closed because of Covid , we now need to go thru metal detector for most shows since they recently changed the law in Texas  and everyone is allowed to carry guns , theater says that is not allowed in theater .

7 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Of course -- some of the classic dirty water hot dog wagons are still around

Some say that's what adds the taste. lol....

They always said the pollution from Surf Avenue added flavor to the Coney Island Nathan's stand in Coney Island. lol.... 

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Those were the good old days.

I have a feeling that Broadway may fully close down.I hope I am wrong.

Lenq66,

We all have that definitely feeling already and just waiting till announced. We fear starting the News each day and also Cruise Critics about all the reports and what's to come.