What broadway play?

George C

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never drank a Yahoo beverage

W H A T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you are a New Yorker...lol

Must a Glass Bottle not Can..... Shake it Good!

Edited by BklynBoy8
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I loved White Castle burgers.

I do as well.  There is a plant that makes them near where I live.  Yet, there is no restaurant in my area.  Once was, but, it closed pre-Covid.  Too many fast food outlets like White Castle, I suppose.  And, more different ones are opening!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Of course -- some of the classic dirty water hot dog wagons are still around

On one of my last trips to nyc I got a dirty hotdog , pretzel and coke , I remember when this would cost less than a dollar, cost me over ten , but enjoyed it. Definitely drank Yoo-hoos growing up in Brooklyn.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, George C said:

On one of my last trips to nyc I got a dirty hotdog , pretzel and coke , I remember when this would cost less than a dollar, cost me over ten , but enjoyed it. Definitely drank Yoo-hoos growing up in Brooklyn.

Don't know why the company made a strawberry version which was no good.

Hope you got DHD with street mustard and street onion (red) sauce. Next second with mustard and Saur.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I do as well.  There is a plant that makes them near where I live.  Yet, there is no restaurant in my area.  Once was, but, it closed pre-Covid.  Too many fast food outlets like White Castle, I suppose.  And, more different ones are opening!  

They are still in NY

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

I suspect that mustard and sauerkraut both have antiseptic qualities which make fully dressed street cart dirty water hot dogs safe for human consumption - just make sure you have enough of each added

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Nathan’s had great hot dogs .I loved White Castle burgers.

Nathan’s yes —- we still buy them in the supermarket for home grilling;   but those little (too damn little) White Castle burgers (STEAM COOKED) just did not cut it.

Does anyone remember Prexy’s hamburgers in NYC —- or the truly fine burger dining at Hamburger Heaven?

2 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Nathan’s yes —- we still buy them in the supermarket for home grilling;   but those little (too damn little) White Castle burgers (STEAM COOKED) just did not cut it.

Does anyone remember Prexy’s hamburgers in NYC —- or the truly fine burger dining at Hamburger Heaven?

Hamburger Heaven was not that long ago in Manhattan.I never heard of Prexy’s.

Did you ever go for Burgers in Manhattan at the Fat Cow restaurant in the 1960’s ? 

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hamburger Heaven was not that long ago in Manhattan.I never heard of Prexy’s.

Did you ever go for Burgers in Manhattan at the Fat Cow restaurant in the 1960’s ? 

I believe you are thinking about Burger Heaven -- the really great chain was Hamburger Heaven - from the 1940's until (I think) the 1960's

2 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I suspect that mustard and sauerkraut both have antiseptic qualities which make fully dressed street cart dirty water hot dogs safe for human consumption - just make sure you have enough of each added

Since they steep so long between patrons, they have a bit of a strong quality.

2 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I make them in the micro a certain way and then add a slice of pickle and then dab of ketchup.

Remembers me.

55 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

I believe you are thinking about Burger Heaven -- the really great chain was Hamburger Heaven - from the 1940's until (I think) the 1960's

I must be the only one......

I have never yet tried Shake Shack as popular as they are.

A good burger we had near Radio City after the Christmas Show was at Ted Montana Steak/Beef Restaurant.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

A good burger we had near Radio City after the Christmas Show was at Ted Montana Steak/Beef Restaurant.

Tried Shake Shack once -- just another mediocre burger place.   Probably the only decent chain burger place is Five Guys -- I think they cook them hot enough - or something else - they do stand out from the mob -- but if you want a really good burger you need to buy the meat and cook it yourself.

21 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I never went to Shake Shack ,never went to the Radio City Christmas Show and never heard of Ted Montana Restaurant.

3 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Tried Shake Shack once -- just another mediocre burger place.   Probably the only decent chain burger place is Five Guys -- I think they cook them hot enough - or something else - they do stand out from the mob -- but if you want a really good burger you need to buy the meat and cook it yourself.

I am satisfied with 5 Guys. Especially the Fries.

I like the way they structure them in front of me. Really fresh.

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never went to Shake Shack ,never went to the Radio City Christmas Show and never heard of Ted Montana Restaurant.

Well I want to try the Shake Shack sometime in the future located by one of our Malls.

Sorry you haven't seen RCMH show. It is very nice and special to experience it. An energy full of fun. Now with electronics and 3D added. Even Drones.

Ted Montana is a great steak house with a please good menu. I like it so much we go back each time we go to RCMH or the Rock Center.

16 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I always get my dirty hot dogs with everything sauerkraut, onions and of course mustard. Also love Nathan’s they have great fries , but that taste the best when having them in Coney Island.

• Thanks 1

On 12/19/2021 at 12:34 AM, BklynBoy8 said:

Well I want to try the Shake Shack sometime in the future located by one of our Malls.

Sorry you haven't seen RCMH show. It is very nice and special to experience it. An energy full of fun. Now with electronics and 3D added. Even Drones.

Ted Montana is a great steak house with a please good menu. I like it so much we go back each time we go to RCMH or the Rock Center.

Shake Shack away from the original location is very hit or miss on service and quality.  After issues at 3 locations in 3 states I only go to the Madison Square Park location now.

And speaking of Dirty Water Dogs, when my sister-in-law got married at City Hall in NYC a few years ago, the post-wedding meal was dogs and knishes from the closest cart.  Then a ride on the subway in wedding dress.  THAT'S a NYC wedding.

• Like 1