Saree for Formal Night in Ruby Princess

Desigirl2018

Hi

I am an Indian and we are going on Alaska Cruise and this is our first time on a cruise.

There are two formal nights. I was wondering if it is ok to wear a Saree. My husband would be wearing a formal suit though.

Thought it would be nice to wear ethnic costume.

Thanks in advance.

Agree with all the above. On several cruises we have seen ladies in their sarees, and they are stunning. I complimented two ladies and they were delighted that I did . Enjoy your cruise, so happy for you!

Hi

I am an Indian and we are going on Alaska Cruise and this is our first time on a cruise.

There are two formal nights. I was wondering if it is ok to wear a Saree. My husband would be wearing a formal suit though.

Thanks in advance.

Sure, there's no reason for you not to wear a Saree. I've seen several East Indian women wearing theirs and they look elegant. I've seen men wearing kilts, Chinese women wearing their evening wear. It adds to the flavor of the evening seeing the different ethnic wears of passengers.

I think (playing with this idea) Princess should uphold the formal dress requirement by having a "Formal Runway" as you enter the MDR. That would keep the jeans and tee's crowd from breaking up this tradition.

Thanks so much everyone. I have decided to wear 2 different kinds of Sarees on the formal nights.

I am really excited and can't wait for May 26th.

I would also believe it would appropriate for your DW to wear a Kurta or Sherwani on formal nights if he wanted.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi

Thanks in advance.

Seen them on Cunard/Celebrity/Oceania. They look fine. On Oceania they had one black family where one of the women wore African tribal colors. I thought they really looked quite stunning. Really added a nice touch of color.

I bought one in "Little India" at embarcation in Singapore on a recent Asia cruise - had on of the Ladies from the salon who is native to India tie it for me to wear on formal night - can't tell you how many compliments I received - I loved wearing it!