Disembark the ship

serenmae

Generally speaking if you wish to carry off your luggage rather than claim it in the baggage hall you are expected to be in one of the first groups off the ship, in order to avoid blocking the gangway with your cases during regular disembarkation.

But for Celebrity's specific policy you should ask on their board. But know that however many people respond that you can disembark at your leisure it is still considered rude and selfish to crowd the tables and aisles of the ship with your full size cases obstructing the way for those who actually follow the rules.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Typically the last passenger is requested to be off the ship by 10:00 AM latest, as they need to clear the ship (both with passengers off and with customs) in order to start re boarding the next itinerary, which typically commences around 11:00 AM. They also want you out of your stateroom by about 8:30 AM so they can begin to turn those for the next passengers.

Not sure if its a European thing or a stroke of luck but a few people I know have left at 10.30am. Its their er...'thing' to try and stay on the ship as long as possible as they often stay somewhere post cruise.

This was on Carnival and Royal.

Not sure if its a European thing or a stroke of luck but a few people I know have left at 10.30am. Its their er...'thing' to try and stay on the ship as long as possible as they often stay somewhere post cruise.

This was on Carnival and Royal.

That indeed has occurred and maybe the embarkation time for the next cruise was set a little later. The 10:00 AM time is a general statement, but has been the case with most RCI and Celebrity cruises we've been on.

Whether you take your own off, or send it ashore the night before, they want everyone off the ship ASAP, and no later than 10:00 a.m. If you want to stay on the ship there is no reason to keep all of your luggage with you, send most of ashore and pick it up when you disembark.

Remember your embarking day? Remember wanting to board the ship ASAP because you were sooooo excited to begin your cruise? Well, there are thousands of people waiting to embark and everyone getting off in a timely fashion, just like you were. Period.

Remember your embarking day? Remember wanting to board the ship ASAP because you were sooooo excited to begin your cruise? Well, there are thousands of people waiting to embark and everyone getting off in a timely fashion, just like you were. Period.

We want to stay on the ship as long as possible, especially when cruising from Miami since the flights back to Europe departure in the evening.

On NCL we have told the concierge that we wants to be the last off the ship and waited in the Haven until they tell us that we have to leave.

On our MSC cruise last summer we waited in the Top Sail Lounge until just before noon before we told the concierge that we were ready to leave. That was in Barcelona and new passengers could embark before we left so that's a different situation.

Why not stay over in a hotel for one night. If there is no room available when you get to hotel they will hold your luggage. Pick your hotel according to what you want to do. Check FL departure boards.

We always stay the extra day in Europe. 2 days touring for the price of one night.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Forums mobile app

I completely agree. The crew has a huge amount of work to get done before the next set of passengers begin embarking, so lingering on the ship is a real imposition on them.

Also, I feel, the atmosphere on board has changed on the last morning. The cruise is over with and the friendly, relaxed, pace has changed to a much more business-like approach of needing to get a huge number of people moved off the ship.