New Drinks Menu

Riocca

Quite a lot by the look of things - Long Island Ice Tea, Mai Tai, Manhattan, Martini, Old fashioned, Planters Punch, Rob Roy, Rum Runner, Sea Breeze, Tequilla Sunrise, Tom Collins, Whisky Sour.

Yikes! I can see why people are unhappy, that’s about a 40% cut in the included cocktails‼️ Lost a few we would have enjoyed:(.

So far not off to a great beginning for our 1st AZ cruise. Have never been able to log into the website to access our reservation since we booked and now included drinks are reduced. I hope they don’t increase the price for the Premium or Ultimate package as we may have to go that route.

Quite a lot by the look of things - Long Island Ice Tea, Mai Tai, Manhattan, Martini, Old fashioned, Planters Punch, Rob Roy, Rum Runner, Sea Breeze, Tequilla Sunrise, Tom Collins, Whisky Sour.

I noticed that there is no mention of tonic (fever tree or other !) on the complimentary list, does this mean that you now have to pay for a gin and tonic ? Very disappointed that a Tequila Sunrise is now chargeable. On the whole this seems another retrograde step by Azamara . Prices go up and quality goes down. I am begining to think that Celebrity offers better value these days as most of their offers seem to include a drinks package.

On our Quest cruise last month, they still had the old drink menu but weren't making drinks like the Rum Runner. There was also a non-alcoholic frozen drink I had asked for that was on the menu but was told that was discontinued as well.

I'm not a big drinker, but the drinks I order have now been excluded (Long Island iced tea and whiskey sour). Very disappointing!

4ac7aadbc94a5f9c1b3797f24dba99b0.jpg

This is the complementary list and Newcastle Draft is included. Copies of the new menu to follow, drinks marked with “p” are Premium and “u” Ultimate, some drinks that were previously on the Ultimate package are now chargeable. Prosecco cocktails are all chargeable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The list of included drinks has not changed on the website, but the list above is much smaller.

There are 30 cocktails on the web-site but on this list there are only 18.

Also the list of spirits on the website includes a lot of ‘liqueurs’ like Creme de Cassis, Apricot Brandy, Creme de Cacoa etc - but these aren’t on the list above. That looks like a really big change.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

I don't drink that much; can't be called a drinks connoisseur by any means, but this is still disappointing, as so many of the new Azamara offers have been. In this update, prices haven't changed but inclusions have been reduced. I guess it may seem fine to newbies, but we who've been loyal to Azamara just see our experience becoming less and less valuable. As flawed as they are, I'd like to have a Survey Monkey opportunity to comment on those nasty included grapefruit juice drinks!

One question for those who know more than I. Does one need to buy a Premium or Ultimate beverage package for the entire trip? Will it be prorated if I decide to buy it four days into my cruise? Maybe, I'll find the included offers fine, but I'd like to be able to change my mind half way through.

Meanwhile, I think I'll poor myself a Schweppes and Tanquray 10 gin and tonic.

Sigh.....

Meliss

I don't drink that much; can't be called a drinks connoisseur by any means, but this is still disappointing, as so many of the new Azamara offers have been. In this update, prices haven't changed but inclusions have been reduced. I guess it may seem fine to newbies, but we who've been loyal to Azamara just see our experience becoming less and less valuable. As flawed as they are, I'd like to have a Survey Monkey opportunity to comment on those nasty included grapefruit juice drinks!

One question for those who know more than I. Does one need to buy a Premium or Ultimate beverage package for the entire trip? Will it be prorated if I decide to buy it four days into my cruise? Maybe, I'll find the included offers fine, but I'd like to be able to change my mind half way through.

Meanwhile, I think I'll poor myself a Schweppes and Tanquray 10 gin and tonic.

Sigh.....

Meliss

Up to now you could certainly buy it pro rated part way into the cruise, but to be honest as of today and this change, I cannot say for certainty you can.

This is very disappointing. We are going on our first ever Azamara cruise in October and we were looking forward to a few of our favorite drinks ( whiskey sour, old fashioned) that were on the complimentary list and are now gone.

Dissapointed. Just booked South America a couple of days ago and the reduction in the number of included cocktails is staggering.

Cant help but feel we’re being short changed.

Same feeling here!

We also booked our 3rd Azamara cruise a few days ago...

(In 12 months). First was on Quest in the Med last may, 2nd was on Journey in Asia last december and next one on the new Pursuit next October. ALL the drinks we like are now excluded from the included list...At the price point Azamara now think they can charge, it is getting ridiculous..

If these are really the new “menus” for the drinks I dont understand how Azamara can justify the higher prices...

Yes, its true, service on board is great and we really love their smaller ships, but, we still have a few weeks before final payment for our October cruise and we will wait and see , if it stays like this, we will be really sad, but we will cancel our cruise and move on to another line... Sad!!!!

I’m confused...how can a Martini not be included if you are willing to have it with the included gin or vodka? And the same for other drinks? Also the proofreader in me would like to point out that Bloody Mary is spelled incorrectly and Daiquiri is in a different font than the rest of the list. Very low-end like the included alcohol!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have enjoyed one, two, three (and once four) Azamara cruises every year since 2008.

After a wonderful ten years of cruising with Azamara, 2018 is the first year that we haven't anything booked.

Firstly, we were waiting for updates on the entertainment before we considered booking. The reports of the entertainment seem to be improving but we are so disappointed with the new beverages/cocktails list.

We had an included package on our most recent Celebrity cruise which was excellent and, surprisingly, on our "one and only" NCL cruise earlier this year the cocktails (included in our booking) surpassed anything (included) that we had ever had on Azamara.

Edited by workingtocruise-59

Sorry to see the Whisky Sour disappeared as it is the only cocktail my husband likes, I believe there was too many cocktails to learn how to do for the new bartenders on the Pursuit :(

Since the cocktails that were removed from the included list are still available at a price the bartenders know how to make them!

So if we have 2-3 cocktails each a day that we thought were included our cost for a 10 day cruise just went up by $320-480. We still have 6+ months to go, what else will be removed from the “included amenities”. Shuttles, gratuties......?

We had an included package on our most recent Celebrity cruise which was excellent and, surprisingly, on our "one and only" NCL cruise earlier this year the cocktails (included in our booking) surpassed anything (included) that we had ever had on Azamara.

We haven't sailed on NCL, but are considering a cruise with them thanks to their "Free at Sea" program--we would choose the unlimited beverage package and the specialty dining. That makes NCL look a lot more attractive!

Changes happen all the time but what is wrong is that those changes in Azamara seem to aim at increasing prices and reducing included benefits. Please Azamara, could you review what you are doing? What is going on with the company to go in this direction? Does opinion from loyal clients like us plays a role at all?

Ivi

I think before everyone gets too hot under the collar I will seek clarification on a few things. Having had a chance to study the lists there are obviously a few things that are incorrect, items that are not marked as on the upgraded package are listed as on the package fliers. Prosecco cocktails are not marked as on the Ultimate Package but all the ingredients are and at $7.95 are certainly cheaper than some items that are on the list.

We are at sea this morning and it’s the Azamara Brunch so it may be busy but I will try and seek more information.

I think before everyone gets too hot under the collar I will seek clarification on a few things.

Thanks for doing the homework on this. It really seems to have been rolled out before being given a lot of thought. I saw lots of non-included drinks that contain ingredients that are all included elsewhere. Hope you're able to get some info that makes this a little more palatable - so to speak!

Melissa

Thanks for doing the homework on this. It really seems to have been rolled out before being given a lot of thought. I saw lots of non-included drinks that contain ingredients that are all included elsewhere. Hope you're able to get some info that makes this a little more palatable - so to speak!

Melissa

I believe that it has always been the case that you could pay for a cocktail to be made with better quality ingredients should you wish, even one that was on the included list.

This may be the list that has been shown.

The question is are they still available from the included list.

Melissa

And if that’s the case it’s unfortunately symptomatic of a few other changes in the last few months. I doubt though forgetting 40% of the previously included cocktails was a printing error.

We haven't sailed on NCL, but are considering a cruise with them thanks to their "Free at Sea" program--we would choose the unlimited beverage package and the specialty dining. That makes NCL look a lot more attractive!

NCL is our preferred main stream cruise line, the food and service is of course no where near Asamara, but the included drinks, shows and the cabins are all significantly better IMHO. Neither has formal nights or fixed dining times. The free at sea is not totally free you get the beverage package for free but have to pay gratuities on it (about $18pppd) which is still very good value for us. Their smaller ships are still much bigger than the R ships but we never find them crowded or hard to navigate.

Here are three "enhancements" that may be next!!!

1; Smaller glasses for the inclusive wines.

2: Smaller cups for coffee/tea

3: Smaller plates in dining venues to make the meals seem bigger.

I also note that the in cabin spirits (according to 1 website I have seen ) are offering only 1 bottle vodka and 1 whiskey (not stating if Irish or wherever as Scotch is WHISKY as uktog will well know).

Perhaps they are now miniatures as souvenirs.

Where has the gin and or rum gone?

Really stretching loyalty to the limits.

Azamara has one of the highest repeat rates as Larry proudly tells us but do they really think repeat cruisers do not notice these things?

Voyage prices going up then discounted at last minute

Reductions in amenities.

Come on Azamara.

Buck your ideas up and keep your loyalists happy or else you may end up with those who will take the all inclusive and ruin it.

We have already had comments about drunkenness on board.

I’ve had an opportunity to ask the questions, the menu has just been issued from Miami so any comments are being fed back there.

As we see it there’s been a significant improvement to the Ultimate Package with the addition of more liquors, although unfortunately some have not made it to the ship yet. All Prosecco cocktails are included, my fault that I didn’t see the small print at the foot of the page. Also all wines are included, including the Nicolas Fueillatte champagne, it looks like some of the wines have also been upgraded. For us the Ultimate package represents good value with our 20% LCV discount, especially when purchased with OBC, but appreciate not all will see it that way.

Leaving this to last, the complimentary list I am told is definitive, which I appreciate will go down like a lead balloon. I have passed on the comments from here and they will be fed back to Miami. Although not great cocktail drinkers, from memory drinks like Mojito were never included but some bartenders would make one from the included liquor.