New Drinks Menu

Riocca

Where do I find this “new” list of included drinks. The Azamara website list doesn’t appear to be different from the past.

If you go back to the beginning of this thread you will see pictures of the new bar menu. It was only introduced on Monday when we boarded Journey so I’m assuming it will start on Quest at the commencement of their next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What we really need to understand is "well liquor" v. "call liquor" -- or potentially, a "named cocktail". Example:

Can I ask for a "rum and coke" and receive as an included cocktail? There is a rum on the included list; cola is included. I fully understand the difference between asking for a generic "rum and coke" v. a "Barcardi and coke" ... or, with Azamara a "Cuba Libre" (opportunistic up-sell on a Cuba intensive itinerary!! IMHO)

Then I need to know how to order an "INCLUDED" mojito!!

Cocktails were removed due to lack of demand and anything that was below 10% sales was looked at, which is why some of the liquors available have been changed

Call me a skeptic, but I'm a little surprised that a Salty Dog or Gray Dog would beat out a Whisky Sour in popularity.

I'd be more than skeptical if I were to board today assuming the 'complimentary' drinks list on the website was in effect, only to be told that wasn't really what was offered. How embarrassing and awkward for bar staff. Could the website not have been updated in the time it took to have the physical menus on board changed? Not doing that has an unpleasant sort of 'bait and switch' feel.

Riocca - so happy you're enjoying your cruise and undertaking this research project for us!

-Melissa

I know my evidence is not scientific but I was looking at photos of life on the pool deck to make a photo book today and there were a significant number of Long Island Iced Teas in shot (and I don’t mean immediate group shots).

I’m not sure when the data was gathered but I suspect you get a big difference between southern and northern hemisphere demands etc.

I’m trying frantically to push away my skeptic pills and my bean counting juice.

I suppose though if you’re selling off cruises at low prices you start looking for more desperate measures to recoup costs.

I honestly just think this is poor communication and planning by Azamara for this roll out rather than a vast decrease of included drinks -- a rum and coke, martini, gin & tonic with the INCLUDED liquors must be included, otherwise they are really a "beverages not included" cruise line. And I would like to point out two positives -- two years ago before our first-ever Azamara cruise, there was a big plea to include sparkling wine and Azamara did listen and added it to the list (just in time for my cruise, thank you!). We were very pleased. And love, love, love the fact that a decent beer (Newcastle) is now on the included list. Thank you again.

Now if we could just get them to add wines by the glass to the premium and ultimate beverage packages (like Viking's Silver Spirits package) so we wouldn't be drinking the included $7/bottle Dark Horse Chardonnay, we would actually purchase the upgrade!

I know my evidence is not scientific but I was looking at photos of life on the pool deck to make a photo book today and there were a significant number of Long Island Iced Teas in shot (and I don’t mean immediate group shots).

I’m not sure when the data was gathered but I suspect you get a big difference between southern and northern hemisphere demands etc.

I’m trying frantically to push away my skeptic pills and my bean counting juice.

I suppose though if you’re selling off cruises at low prices you start looking for more desperate measures to recoup costs.

There isn’t a list of popular cocktails in the world that doesn’t include martini, whisky sour, and manhattan.

Besides, let’s say it is because they aren’t popular, what is the advantage to them to take it off the included list? Nothing I can think of.

I will wait to make final judgment because there is a possibility that this isn’t really happening... maybe the OP is quite the prankster... or who knows what but I’m reasonably certain that Azamara has lost my (2 cruises per year) business before I set foot on their ship in 3 weeks.

There isn’t a list of popular cocktails in the world that doesn’t include martini, whisky sour, and manhattan.

Besides, let’s say it is because they aren’t popular, what is the advantage to them to take it off the included list? Nothing I can think of.

I will wait to make final judgment because there is a possibility that this isn’t really happening... maybe the OP is quite the prankster... or who knows what but I’m reasonably certain that Azamara has lost my (2 cruises per year) business before I set foot on their ship in 3 weeks.

Knowing the OP they are not a prankster and I believe what is happening 100%. However, because of the way it is being communicated there is an inevitable reaction and as no one from Azamara is able to give a quick response here (not a criticism of Bonnie, more a reflection of how communication seems to happen there these days as opposed to how it was a few years ago when her predecessor was in post) there is inevitable speculation. No 1 rule in corporate communication do not leave a gap because rumour fills the vacuum, better to be ready before it happens. Maybe one department made changes without joining up with others, who knows.

As ever, yes change happens but it needs honest explanations why......

I am sure you will enjoy the onboard experience, that is why so many of us have come back to date, its only with the raft of recent issues that loyalty is being tested to the limits and beyond.

I know the poster. They are certainly not the prankster and are very frequent cruisers. However this is new stuff. I’m willing to reserve judgement until I have experienced it first hand.

Phil

This is all such a mess... I have my finger on the button to book a cruise for this year - but should I?

If some cocktails were not popular (martinis ??) then take them off the menu but, still keep the ingredients on the menu should anyone ask.

Is vermouth still included? If so, then surely a martini is available?

No triple sec?

No creme de cassis ( bye bye Kir/ Kir Royale) ?

I am completely at a loss as to what to say.

I just checked out a round trip Miami to Miami Cuba Intensive cruise (Havana) for £4000 for four nights in an inside cabin.

£1000 per night and so if you prefer any non-inclusive drinks they will be extra.

Edited by workingtocruise-59

That would be our favourites gone too. I am so pleased that we don't have another Azamara booking.

I suggest that some forward planning is needed. If sweeping changes, of any type, are to be made to the cruise offering, then why not implement them from the launch of a new season? That way, anyone making a booking would know what they are paying for.

Agreed. That would be the fairest and most transparent way to go about it.

I honestly just think this is poor communication and planning by Azamara for this roll out rather than a vast decrease of included drinks -- a rum and coke, martini, gin & tonic with the INCLUDED liquors must be included, otherwise they are really a "beverages not included" cruise line. And I would like to point out two positives -- two years ago before our first-ever Azamara cruise, there was a big plea to include sparkling wine and Azamara did listen and added it to the list (just in time for my cruise, thank you!). We were very pleased. And love, love, love the fact that a decent beer (Newcastle) is now on the included list. Thank you again.

Now if we could just get them to add wines by the glass to the premium and ultimate beverage packages (like Viking's Silver Spirits package) so we wouldn't be drinking the included $7/bottle Dark Horse Chardonnay, we would actually purchase the upgrade!

Well, sweet and dry vermouth are no longer on the included spirits list, so there goes the martini and Manhattan options

We are on a cruise in June. Just asked to upgrade to a package. The included beverages are the old list which includes my husband's choice of cocktail - a planters punch. We habecperhaps 2 cocktails a day each and wine with dinner. Whatcwines are we to offered as in the last decade it has gone down market.

Knowing the OP they are not a prankster and I believe what is happening 100%. However, because of the way it is being communicated there is an inevitable reaction and as no one from Azamara is able to give a quick response here (not a criticism of Bonnie, more a reflection of how communication seems to happen there these days as opposed to how it was a few years ago when her predecessor was in post) there is inevitable speculation. No 1 rule in corporate communication do not leave a gap because rumour fills the vacuum, better to be ready before it happens. Maybe one department made changes without joining up with others, who knows.

As ever, yes change happens but it needs honest explanations why......

I am sure you will enjoy the onboard experience, that is why so many of us have come back to date, its only with the raft of recent issues that loyalty is being tested to the limits and beyond.

Best post on this thread by far and encapsulates the issue. Someone in Miami who has never been on a cruise in thier lives making an arbitrary decision because it looks better on a monthly report or P&L, and without a proper info cascade from the top down internally, and then to us, the customers. So disfunctional it beggers belief. We’ve been doing other stuff ref vacations since our last cruise, and looked forward with relish to our upcoming Rio cruise in Feb. Less so now, not just because we cant now (maybe) have a seabreeze, but as usual the dots are just not joined. Really , really poor customer interaction from a company that used to pride itself in the same.

Trade Descriptions Act 1968.

The Trade Descriptions Act 1968 is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom which prevents manufacturers, retailers or service industry providers from misleading consumers as to what they are spending their money on.

Which advertisements? I haven't seen any.

I'm sure you have.

The "signature" field was intended for well, your signature, your contact information, or nothing. However some manufacturers install words like

"Sent from my Ipad (or Iphone) using Forums"

in the "signature" field so their ad shows up at the end of every email or post you make.

These ads also waste space in posts with lots of returns before the manufacturer's ad.

Aren't forums supposed to be ad free?

Trade Descriptions Act 1968.

The Trade Descriptions Act 1968 is an Act of the Parliament of the United Kingdom which prevents manufacturers, retailers or service industry providers from misleading consumers as to what they are spending their money on.

If you want “the” definitive case on contract law, google “carlill vs carbolic smoke ball company 1892”. Its basic, but it changed the way contracts were executed in law in the UK. Offer to treat, accepted, contact made, end of. Anything less is breach. Simple. Lets see what Bonnie says.