No more RCCL :( Looking for a cruise line that cares about customer service!

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Actually on our last cruise our cabin attendant was the sweetest woman, and I was talking to her and I asked her about her job and if she liked it and she started to cry and shook her head no :( It broke my heart.

I would bet that most people don't like their jobs. She doesn't have to sign another contract if she is unhappy.

Thank you for the suggestion, I actually cc'd him eventually and the CS rep would take him off copy when replying.

May I suggest that you email Michael Bayley who is CEO of RCI. His email address is mbayley@rccl.com Explain your situation and the treatment you received. Your email will be directed to someone in his executive office and you should receive a call back. Include your telephone number where you can be reached.

I certainly hope most people aren't brought to tears at the mention! I'm not saying that means it's a bad place to work (maybe it just wasn't for her) but it was just something I encountered.uote=champagne123;56188149]I would bet that most people don't like their jobs. She doesn't have to sign another contract if she is unhappy.

I would bet that most people don't like their jobs. She doesn't have to sign another contract if she is unhappy.

Pretty callous. Most people in jobs around that income level have far fewer choices than those with the economic freedom to cruise frequently. Besides, employers have a legal duty to provide a workplace safe from physical and emotional trauma. Sadly too many people these days think companies should be able to do whatever they wish.

I know you want to stay in the RCCL price point but if you can swing it try Disney Cruise Line! They have AMAZING customer service and really value your feed back and try to do everything they can to make you happy! Even if you don’t have kids it’s awesome for adults only!

Don't forget the hundreds of excited children - no thank you.

We had a celebrity summit canceled for a charter this past April and we were given 2 choices both with our original price and $200 obc. My jewel of the seas 2019 ta was changed from Rome to Dubai instead of Rome to San Juan. We were given our same rooms (at least I was) on the brilliance with $200 obc. I'm surprised they didn't offer you another cruise. Granted both of mine were at least 18-20 months out so it didn't matter about airfare.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Actually on our last cruise our cabin attendant was the sweetest woman, and I was talking to her and I asked her about her job and if she liked it and she started to cry and shook her head no :( It broke my heart.

Did you tip her extra after hearing her story?

Bill

... and don’t book non refundable air and hotels more than 6 months in advance.

That is a good suggestion. Best to consider possibility of a cancellation when making other travel arrangements ahead of time.

Welcome to Cruist Critic and your first post. You can learn a lot on this site.

Your frustration and irritation plus a touch of overreacting comes through loud and clear.

I’ve had that happen to me with Royal Caribbean as well as other cruise lines. We just dealt with it and continued cruising with a positive attitude. Stuff like that does happen occasionally.

With time and experience you will realize that mega corporations are indeed out to make the most money possible...that’s life.

Well stated. :)

When are we ever going to get to cruise with the two of you again? Miss you guys! :)

Edited by island lady

Ship happens.

LOL!! :D:cool:

Yup, which pretty much goes for everything in life. The good and bad. Take it and deal with

it. Hope for the best...be prepared for the worst.

Edited by island lady

I have heard about these charters, but have never been a victim, at least not yet. Even considering the extra money they earn, I am personally appalled that cruise lines would cancel a sailing for the sake of a last-minute charter. Such a cancellation no doubt brings on extraordinary inconvenience to thousands of people, every one of whom may reconsider booking another RCCL cruise. I guess mammon trumps all every time (and twice on Sunday).

Although it is true that a company's mettle is measured by how problems are solved, one may cruise for years and never experience a cancellation due to charter. That we may enjoy great customer service onboard does not necessarily translate to good customer service AFTER a disaster. Hopefully most of us will never have to put it to the test.

I know you want to stay in the RCCL price point but if you can swing it try Disney Cruise Line! They have AMAZING customer service and really value your feed back and try to do everything they can to make you happy! Even if you don’t have kids it’s awesome for adults only!

Yes I agree. DCLis great for adults.

On the subject of charters, no cruise line should schedule charters once they have posted new itineraries.

All charters should be scheduled 18 months in advance. Large companies or groups who want charters need to plan better. And ships that are not filling up fast enough need to have a promo or sale for posted itineraries. Industry as a whole is getting mean. Best to hold off paying for airfare too soon.

Yes I agree. DCLis great for adults.

On the subject of charters, no cruise line should schedule charters once they have posted new itineraries.

All charters should be scheduled 18 months in advance. Large companies or groups who want charters need to plan better. And ships that are not filling up fast enough need to have a promo or sale for posted itineraries. Industry as a whole is getting mean. Best to hold off paying for airfare too soon.

Would you book a cruise not knowing where it's going?

Bill

It stinks, but it does happen. It happened to me when Carnival Valor was suddenly repositioned. We had booked airfare to San Juan for the cruise and Carnival tried to work with us but we were just not interested in any of the other cruises they had that week (and none were out of San Juan), so we got a refund and 25% off a future cruise. Since the airfare was booked, we booked Adventure of the Seas instead since they were cruising basically the same ports and on the same days that the Valor was doing. We ended up having a great time--and are back on Royal Caribbean this time, too! Maybe check and see what other ships are sailing the day your cancelled cruise was scheduled?