Can someone explain 3 for three?

BanburyBlue

It’s a sale they have from time to time where they offer 3 discounts such as onboard credit, free gratuities and upgrade cabin locations for same price as ones in les desirable locations. Or sometimes lower rates across the board with two of these

It’s a sale they have from time to time where they offer 3 discounts such as onboard credit, free gratuities and upgrade cabin locations for same price as ones in les desirable locations. Or sometimes lower rates across the board with two of these

Last time the offer also included a $100 refundable deposit, a 4th benefit for those without FCD's. Also, last time the offer did not apply to 3rd and 4th guests and those under 21 years old.

Note that the “upgrade” that is normally a feature of Three for Free is within your cabin category, not an upgrade to the next higher cabin type ( ex. Inside to outside, outside to balcony, etc). You pay the least expensive rate for the cabin category but you may choose a higher category cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are in the UK - it is entirely different. A free shore excursion, a free dinner and something else. It was pretty bad. Hopefully someone who is in the UK will correct me.

The cruise we booked in the uk is a free bottle of wine, $200 to spend on shore excursions, and a free specialty dining meal, though I think they choose when and where you eat.

Here is a quote from Princess for the latest 3 for Free sale.

This was for summer 2018 to spring of 2019. This sale has ended.

EVERYONE in a stateroom enjoys:

FREE stateroom location upgrade

FREE gratuities†† (valued at up to $15.50 per guest, per day)

FREE onboard spending money‡‡ (valued at up to $150 per guest, for ALL guests)

Up to $150 Onboard Spending Money per guest

Cruise Length / Per Guest

6-9 Days / $75

10-12 Days / $100

13+ Days / $150

I have booked two cruises through this sale. I have found these offers to be from approximately mid-August to mid-November. They are for cruises the following summer through the following spring.

Edited by TwoCruisers

If you are in the UK - it is entirely different. A free shore excursion, a free dinner and something else. It was pretty bad. Hopefully someone who is in the UK will correct me.

In Australia it is much the same, regrettably. I think the last one here was $100 credit on shore excursions, one meal for two in a specialty restaurant, and an upgrade within your cabin class. Nothing to really give consideration to.

In Australia it is much the same, regrettably. I think the last one here was $100 credit on shore excursions, one meal for two in a specialty restaurant, and an upgrade within your cabin class. Nothing to really give consideration to.

In the UK the ‘3 for Free’ shore excursion credit is $100pp for 7-13 day cruises and $200 for 14 day plus cruises. As others have stated the offer includes a bottle of wine and a speciality restaurant dining, pre-assigned by Princess. Interesting to note that the cruise we were tracking went up £200 pp when the offer was introduced!

Oh blimey, is that what it is! Here I was thinking they let you have a third person in your cabin for free! Now that would be an awesome deal...:p

Depends who it was. My wife might object.;)

It amazes me that it is common practice that US cruisers with Princess get free gratuities when they book but then have the audacity to bemoan UK cruisers for removing payment of gratuities saying they are "stiffing the staff and are tightwads" as we never get the offer of free gartuities. I am afraid it is Princess taking the **** out of UK cruisers.

It amazes me that it is common practice that US cruisers with Princess get free gratuities when they book but then have the audacity to bemoan UK cruisers for removing payment of gratuities saying they are "stiffing the staff and are tightwads" as we never get the offer of free gartuities. I am afraid it is Princess taking the **** out of UK cruisers.

I am a United States citizen and have never had free gratuities offered on any of my cruises so we don't all get that perk. Added gratuities are entirely up to you and if you are comfortable removing them then do so.

Free gratuities does not mean the crew loses their gratuity. It means the cruise line pays the gratuity amount as a perk for the customer. It does not happen all the time only during special promotions. I will take advantage of free gratuities when offered but would never stiff the staff" as you put it. If not included as a perk I pay them same as UK cruisers.

Free gratuities does not mean the crew loses their gratuity. It means the cruise line pays the gratuity amount as a perk for the customer. It does not happen all the time only during special promotions.

Go back several years and free gratuities was not a perk in the USA. Instead, Princess would have a sale with a lower price for the cabin.

Princess decided that they wanted to maintain what they call "price integrity." In other words, keep the cabin price about the same and offer different promotions such as OBC or free gratuities to make an effective lower overall cost. This encourages people to book early since they can no longer expect lower cabin pricing through a big sale, at least not until close to embarkation if any cabins remain then. This has been relatively successful for Princess. Just look at the number of "move over" offers people are posting about since that means the ship is overbooked even with cabin pricing not being reduced.

It amazes me that it is common practice that US cruisers with Princess get free gratuities when they book but then have the audacity to bemoan UK cruisers for removing payment of gratuities saying they are "stiffing the staff and are tightwads" as we never get the offer of free gratuities. I am afraid it is Princess taking the **** out of UK cruisers.

Free Gratuities means the cruise line deposits the daily gratuity amount into the gratuity pool. This means the staff is assured of receiving their share of the gratuity pool and no one booked under the free gratuity perk has the ability to remove the gratuity. It is not at all what you mention.

I really don't believe that Princess' failure to offer free gratuities to U.K. residents has anything to do with your local common tipping practices. It is strictly a marketing decision.

I am a United States citizen and have never had free gratuities offered on any of my cruises so we don't all get that perk. Added gratuities are entirely up to you and if you are comfortable removing them then do so.

As a US resident, I have received free gratuities many times. You need to stay on top of the sales and rebook your room when they come up if it is a better deal. A sale earlier this year saved us a bundle on one cruise and we kept the Free Grats ($1600 plus for this cruise). If you pay attention, you usually will see info on CC when a sale is starting and what it provides. Just make sure to check all the costs verses savings as sometimes you actually lose money if you rebook.