Celebrity site new login screens

Z'Loth

Hi - We are sorry about this! Please see our FAQs here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=56188434#post56188434

If you have additional questions about your experience, please call 1-866-755-2171. Thank you.

None of the FAQs answer my problems, which you should have known if you read them.

Since my original note, I've:

Tried Edge: LastPass and search don't work there either.

Tried Edge and Chrome without VPN turned on. No difference in searchability.

Tried Edge and Chrome with ad blocker (Ublock Origin) turned off. No difference in Chrome, but I did get valid search results in Edge, so I've got 1 way to search, but now I'm being tracked and I'm getting ads.

None of the FAQs answer my problems, which you should have known if you read them.

Tried Edge and Chrome with ad blocker (Ublock Origin) turned off. No difference in Chrome, but I did get valid search results in Edge, so I've got 1 way to search, but now I'm being tracked and I'm getting ads.

Of course you are being tracked, that is the nature of internet usage today, with the bells and whistles to stop being tracked, often times it is a no go.

Try to find a cruise website which will not track you and conduct business there, if you can find one. I, personally, have never looked, then again I do have 'do not track' turned on in my browser along with ad blocker and things appear to be working just fine, for now. Ad blocker is working I know, the 'do not track' not sure at all if that is working.

bon voyage

Of course you are being tracked, that is the nature of internet usage today, with the bells and whistles to stop being tracked, often times it is a no go.

Try to find a cruise website which will not track you and conduct business there, if you can find one. I, personally, have never looked, then again I do have 'do not track' turned on in my browser along with ad blocker and things appear to be working just fine, for now. Ad blocker is working I know, the 'do not track' not sure at all if that is working.

bon voyage

Before the changes, it worked with an ad blocker and the VPN. Most cruise sites work with both on too. Not that an ad blocker and do not track are 2 very different things.

That fixed it for me. It looks like the old username login doesn't work any more, even though it still prompts for email or username. It has to be your email address.

As usual Celebrity is not consistent. The site would not accept my e-mail address but did accept my user name.

Why does it all have to be so complicated..?

Some of the ideas here go way over and above anything that would appeal to me.. I believe I am an average cruise user. A computer for me is a tool not an obsession or hours long project to figure out!

Buying excursions, dinners and cruises should be secure....I agree; but most folks want to keep track of their itins, dining, excursions,cap club points and cruise history without a major IT exercise! Get in, get out...enjoy!

Try clearing all of the cookies for Celebrity Cruises in your web browser' date=' then try again. I posted links to instructions here. There should have been a check for legacy cookies and to clear them out prior to logging in.

I use LastPass to have different passwords on all websites, but I don't use huge passwords on anything except banking sites. It works great on most sites and worked before the changes on Celebrity' site. Gotta assume it has something to do with the new code.

I don't know Celebrity's systems, or how they handle their passwords, so I agree that a database scan may not be viable. Take my database search comment as a knee jerk reaction to a frustrating situation that turned out to be wrong.:o

IMO, any time a company makes a password policy change (Mine was 7 characters), they should send an email to everyone who MAY be affected by the change. Celebrity is fully capable of sending out emails to everyone which is better than simply posting a FAQ and pointing those who have problems to it.

I did clear all cookies that Celebrity uses. Tested, and it didn't make any difference. I then cleaned all cookies in the Chrome (CCleaner). Tested and it didn't make any difference. I've now signed back on to all the sites I frequent without problems, yet I still can't get a simple search to work on Celebrity in Chrome. Luckily, I'm tech savvy enough to find a work around (Edge).

So it appears that couples who share one email address (yes there are people out there in that situation, my friends Tony & Judy are one couple, friends Lee and Susan are another, all former Celebrity passengers, all Captain's Club members) are just out of luck? No more accessing their Captain's club accounts. S.O.L.?????

Hello - Their Captain's Club accounts are based on unique numbers, and they will always be able to access them. They will need individual email addresses to create an account. If they have specific problems they can contact us by phone 1-866-755-2171 or they can email us at: guestaccount-help@celebritycruises.com

Hi - If the FAQ's are not helpful for your specific situation, then please call us at 1-866-755-2171 or you can also email us at: guestaccount-help@celebritycruises.com

To Celebrity Cruise Official, rather than continue to point people to an FAQ that doesn’t answer the question of “How do two people sharing the same e-mail address log in” maybe you can actually provide a real response. If it can be done, update the FAQ with that question and answer.

Hi - If the FAQ's don't address your question, then please call us at 1-866-755-2171 or you can also email us at: guestaccount-help@celebritycruises.com

Site won't let me sign in with my email address. Says it is already in their system and just stays red thus blocking me signing in with the new password and all the extra details they require - security question, phone number etc.

Tried resetting password on incognito sign in page and still no joy!!

Celebrity have done about 3 "upgrades" in the past year, none of which IMO have improved on the old website. What I have discovered though is that despite all the acknowledgement and concerns I still cant register on line for a mix and mingle party. Perhaps the Celebrity Rep can advise when this problem will be resolved

I ran into all of the issues mentioned above. Then at one poster's suggestion (Sorry but I can't recall whose but THANK YOU) I opened an incognito window and had no trouble. The problems persisted w/ Chrome, Edge, IE (didn't try Mozilla but it never makes any difference) and I was beyond frustrated. When I used the incognito window, VOILA! I could see my Capt Club status, my cruise history and pull up my booked cruise. HOWEVER it should NOT be this difficult. I also have a cruise booked on RCI... same issues. ANd one booked on Princess.... NO PROBLEMS. Booking, planning, checking on a cruise should be FUN and enjoyable...it's a CRUISE. It shouldn't cause so much agita!

I must be in the minority here. I use Edge and have had no trouble signing in and viewing all of my past cruises and the two I have booked in August along with Captain's Club information. For me the site is fast and while it is somewhat of a different layout, to me it is user friendly.

Why does it all have to be so complicated..?

Some of the ideas here go way over and above anything that would appeal to me.. I believe I am an average cruise user. A computer for me is a tool not an obsession or hours long project to figure out!

I agree. The whole user experience (UX) needs to be considered, especially considering the audience that Celebrity caters to (older travelers). When you have the TRAVEL AGENT complain about the UX of a website, that's a problem.

I don't know Celebrity's systems, or how they handle their passwords, so I agree that a database scan may not be viable. Take my database search comment as a knee jerk reaction to a frustrating situation that turned out to be wrong. :o

I understand. I'm no expert, but I do know a little bit more about things.

IMO, any time a company makes a password policy change (Mine was 7 characters), they should send an email to everyone who MAY be affected by the change. Celebrity is fully capable of sending out emails to everyone which is better than simply posting a FAQ and pointing those who have problems to it.

If you make a major change, you need to communicate that out to your customers. Some of the users of Celebrity's site are time-critical, as they are about to board a ship in less than 72 hours. I only happen to notice the change as I was on break during my shift and I wanted to check on some things for my upcoming vacation.

Hi,

I have also noticed that our captains club numbers have disappeared from the reservations. If you try to add them again they are not saved. I also receieved a new version of my conformation by email with the cc numbers rmeoved!

Oh dear

Ian

Hi John. We are so sorry you are experiencing these issues. Please view our FAQs here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=56188434#post56188434

Give us a call at 1-866-755-2171 to speak to someone about these issues. Thank you.

As the given freephone number is anything but from here in the UK You can rest assured that I will not be calling. As I can access my current booking I will live without the history and worry about that if and when I make a future booking.

Oh great another website upgrade that’s stuffed up

Re registered and of course it’s lost my captains club number and cruise history

Don’t know my captains club number it was linked to old account so I never thought to record it

Worst of all current cruise still shows but all perks deleted !!!

Sigh guess I’ll have to waste some time on the phone to get it fixed

Shouldn’t be this hard

No problem whatsoever BUT:

I choose to enter my email address and password for Royal Caribbean.

Worked like a dream, told me I am going on a cruise in 23 days and invited me to download my documents!

We lost our Captains Club number in the transition but I was able to find it in our current reservation so I copied it and pasted it into the new website and it worked so that I can now see my status and past cruises. Please do note, the Captains Club number changed for my husband and I so that is why adding the old one does not work. Past numbers were 6 digits and now 9.

I’m assuming our Captain’s Club numbers haven’t changed; we have had then since 2001.

At least it found my reservation and that’s all I’m bothered about now as the cruise is in 23 days and my documents could be downloaded.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was a bit clunky for me too, didn't like my email address (or at least it appears that way) but after many attempts of entering password it finally seemed to take. It is almost like the system is rejecting email because in use but of course it is in use cause it's mine tied to my account.

I too did not see my Captain Club number on my account when I logged in, showed blank at the top of the page under my name. I closed browser and went in again and it was there, think it might have to do some syncing of things at the beginning to get everything tied up again ... maybe?

I was using Chrome. A friend tried with IE and it was a bit more frustrating getting the email to take and had to fake it with a password change that did not seem to be working, hit the send pw change email again and it was actually sending the email even though website did not seem to be doing it. Few kinks but hopefully all will be good for everyone in the end.

I have to admit that I am liking some of the changes so far. Some things that I found frustrating are seeming to improve ... or maybe I am adapting more than I realize :)

It worked - but I wouldn't say "fine".

My main beef is the frustrating navigation system - you might think that a cruise line would know about navigation - I seem to spend a lot of time going round in circles or hitting dead ends. I accept that they want pretty pictures of the ships and that they want to sell more cruises, but it should be reasonably easy to get past the fancy front page and into a more workmanlike menu system for entering details and checking options.

I guess we all live in hope. "Sometimes it takes a wrong turn to get you to the right place.” - Mandy Hale

Hello - Please take a look at our FAQs here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show...4#post56188434

If you cannot find the answer to your question there, or you have additional questions, please reach out to us at 1-866-755-2171 with any inquiries. Thank you.

This is a US phone number what about the millions of people outside the US who dont want to call International