BOGO Dining Question

Hi All,

Quick question for all the experts. We will be cruising on Adventure in October and I keep getting information on sales for specialty dining. I'm mainly interested in the BOGO for the first two nights. The only problem/question that I have is I believe our first formal night will be the second night of the cruise. Has anyone had any luck with them being lenient if it falls on a formal night - or is that the whole reason they want it on the first and formal night (they might have lower attendance on formal night)? I've tried to email them but I'm not sure that I have the best email address and I've never received a response either. On Anthem we did this deal but neither the 1st or 2nd night was scheduled as a formal night. When we got on board and wanted to move the reservation they gave us to Wonderland instead of the other restaurant they had prepicked, they let us go another night because it was booked for both the first and second night. Just wondering thoughts, advice or a good email for Adventure dining. Thank you!!

we had no problem switching nites or restaurants.. as soon as you get on board just go to one of the restaurants and they will change it there for you

we had no problem switching nites or restaurants.. as soon as you get on board just go to one of the restaurants and they will change it there for you

Thank you! I know that switching restaurants isn't an issue but I was worried about switching to a date other than the first or second night. Thanks for the input!

Once onboard, you can change your arrangements. The 1st formal night is ALWAYS night 2.

Thank you! When we were on the Anthem in 2016 is wasn't the second night but the third for some reason. Any other time I found what you've said to be true. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case this might help someone, I did get this reply today:

"Bogo packages are set up for day 1 and day 2 of the sailing. The ship will provide you with a courtesy dinner reservation on their behalf you will receive

the reservation confirmation in your stateroom once you arrive onboard. If you would like to switch the location or time it can be done once onboard however you

Will not be able to switch out of day 1 or 2. This offer requires dining on Days 1 and 2."

I can't say that I'm surprised as I'm sure they are trying to drum up business for the slow nights that are formal. And as always, just because I got this response doesn't mean that they might not switch it on the ship. However, I most likely won't buy the BOGO because I don't want to chance missing formal night in the MDR. I was hoping to possibly have something to back me up in writing if they weren't strict on the policy but it is what it is and I understand. Happy sailing!:)

day 1 is a good idea because the mdr is usually a zoo the first nite... however, we were able to switch out day 2 for the last nite.... we did this on the ship soon after we boarded

When you download the RCL app and board the ship, do the two restaurants that were picked for you automatically show up in the app or do you have to wait to get to your cabin to see which restaurants were chosen?

Hi All,

Quick question for all the experts. We will be cruising on Adventure in October and I keep getting information on sales for specialty dining. I'm mainly interested in the BOGO for the first two nights. The only problem/question that I have is I believe our first formal night will be the second night of the cruise. Has anyone had any luck with them being lenient if it falls on a formal night - or is that the whole reason they want it on the first and formal night (they might have lower attendance on formal night)? I've tried to email them but I'm not sure that I have the best email address and I've never received a response either. On Anthem we did this deal but neither the 1st or 2nd night was scheduled as a formal night. When we got on board and wanted to move the reservation they gave us to Wonderland instead of the other restaurant they had prepicked, they let us go another night because it was booked for both the first and second night. Just wondering thoughts, advice or a good email for Adventure dining. Thank you!!

It depends on who the HD is at the time. We have had luck changing it in past years on AD but in more recent years they have stuck with the "official" "policy" of first two nights only.

When you download the RCL app and board the ship, do the two restaurants that were picked for you automatically show up in the app or do you have to wait to get to your cabin to see which restaurants were chosen?

Speaking of an app... is there one for Adventure? I know Quantum class has the Royal IQ but I don't believe Adventure has anything right now, correct?

day 1 is a good idea because the mdr is usually a zoo the first nite... however, we were able to switch out day 2 for the last nite.... we did this on the ship soon after we boarded

I'm sure we have a 50/50 chance of being able to do this but I don't want to take the chance. Thanks for all of your input!!

We have been able to do the BOGO on nights other than nights 1 or 2. My husband usually makes the arrangements and tells them when we would like to come and they make it happen. Good Luck! :D

OP, hope you don't mind if I slightly hijack your thread with a related question.

When booking this BOGO offer, are you likely to be assigned the two cheapest specialty dining venues on the ship in question? Or is it really the luck of the draw?

No problem at all. I don't think they normally do the cheapest. It really wouldn't matter because you can change them any way you want normally. We did this BOGO on Anthem two years ago and changed to Wonderland and Chops without issue. It seems the only issue (or not depending on who is in charge that day) is changing the day and not the venues.

No problem at all. I don't think they normally do the cheapest. It really wouldn't matter because you can change them any way you want normally. We did this BOGO on Anthem two years ago and changed to Wonderland and Chops without issue. It seems the only issue (or not depending on who is in charge that day) is changing the day and not the venues.

Great. Thank you. :D

On Allure last month and this was not the case. Purchased the BOGO and went early to Giavonni's to find out reservations and had been assigned Samba Grill on day one and Giovanni's on day two. Did not ask to change dates but asked to switch to CP 150 on second day and was denied. I was told that those were the only two available for the BOGO. After two phone calls to her supervisor along with a lot of pleading we were allowed to go to Giovanni's on day 1 and CO 150 on day two. So the answer, as always with Royal Caribbean, is it depends.

We were recently on Allure and were assigned Samba and Giovanni's. We asked to switch to CP150 & Chops as we already had Giovanni's booked for another night. The lady refused to switch (nicely of course) for a while and tried to call her manager at one point. She eventually gave in and switched us, but would not deviate from night one and two. Booking the BOGO package and the additional night at Giovanni's saved us $10 I believe and it honestly wasn't worth it having to go through the struggle at the very beginning of our vacation. In the future, unless I was completely ok with all available dining options, I would just book one of the other packages.

carrascoja and Ronaldo807, I sincerely hope this will not happen to us. We have pulled the trigger on the BOGO dining for the first time ever (never even set foot in any specialty dining venue) on our upcoming Navigator cruise. There are only 3 venues on Navigator, one of which is Mexican. We don't care for Mexican and, of course, it's the cheapest of the three, hence my original question. Keeping fingers crossed for Giovanni's and Chops.

I can't say that I'm surprised as I'm sure they are trying to drum up business for the slow nights that are formal. And as always, just because I got this response doesn't mean that they might not switch it on the ship. However, I most likely won't buy the BOGO because I don't want to chance missing formal night in the MDR. I was hoping to possibly have something to back me up in writing if they weren't strict on the policy but it is what it is and I understand. Happy sailing!:)

actually a lot of people don't want to dress up for formal night so book specialty dining as that is smart casual every night.

traditionally the first 2 nights are slowest for specialty venues which is why they offer this deal.

carrascoja and Ronaldo807, I sincerely hope this will not happen to us. We have pulled the trigger on the BOGO dining for the first time ever (never even set foot in any specialty dining venue) on our upcoming Navigator cruise. There are only 3 venues on Navigator, one of which is Mexican. We don't care for Mexican and, of course, it's the cheapest of the three, hence my original question. Keeping fingers crossed for Giovanni's and Chops.

I predict that you will get your wish. :)

I predict that you will get your wish. :)

I will be sure to report back to tell you if you got it right or not. Don't hold your breath, though; we're not going till November. ;)