Post your azamara drinks ordering experiences here

uktog

This may be a bit off topic, but for those who have cruised Pursuit, what has been your experience, if any, with ordering drinks on the Sunset Veranda before Windows opens for dinner? Must one go to the Pool Bar and carry them back?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No problem ordering at all. No you do not need to go and get the drink, the server goes and gets everything for you. That said my experience was on the Christening cruise, so all the servers really were giving 110% all day every day.

• 2 months later...

Apparently I am not the only one who is disappointed about the beer available.  Sircook is right.  Budweiser is not a craft beer.  Neither are Becks or Newcastle.  From what I have read from other passengers, the wines are basically table wines. And for the liquor drinkers - no single malt. 

I am the founder of a small brewery in Los Angeles, so am used to drinking excellent brews.  

I can bring my own flask of single malt scotch, but it would be difficult to bring a case of my own beer.

Seriously,  I am thankful for the free stuff.  At least the Newcastle is on draft.

My wife and I are on the 11/12/19 cruise from Singapore to Dubai

Edited by Dean
Add-on comment

2 hours ago, sircook007 said:

How do we send a polite request to Azamara ??

We are on 22 December cruise from Fremantle.

A few craft West Australian beers would be appreciated by many nationalities including me!!

cheers !

I am sure your only option would be to take your own, Becks and Bud have been the included bottle Beers for years, unlikely to change.

Ok. Hold your horses. We have always known that Azamara don't have the best included beers and even the pay for ones aren't that great. But when I read a comment such as "I ran my own brewery company" I kind of roll my eyes coz you ain't never going to be satisfied. I'd love a pint of Timmy Taylor's Landlord, but I know it's not going to happen.  I really think people need to adjust their expectations when it comes to "craft beers" and the research and storage limitations. 

Phil 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Ok. Hold your horses. We have always known that Azamara don't have the best included beers and even the pay for ones aren't that great. But when I read a comment such as "I ran my own brewery company" I kind of roll my eyes coz you ain't never going to be satisfied. I'd love a pint of Timmy Taylor's Landlord, but I know it's not going to happen.  I really think people need to adjust their expectations when it comes to "craft beers" and the research and storage limitations. 

Phil 

Phil is probably referring to me as  I am the one who owns a brewery.  Please re-read my comments.  I will be  thankful for what is offered as it is included in the price of the cruise.  I was only attempting to add a little humor to the post.

Edited by Dean
spelling

18 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

I agree with Phil--storage limitations.  If you want craft beer, cruise with Royal Caribbean or Celebrity.  We are going on a 50th anniversary RCI cruise in 2020.  We chose RCI because of activities for our grandchildren.  I am going to buy them a drink package.  DSIL likes beer and RCI has craft beer.

I'm not a beer drinker, so I'm not sure if any of these beers are reasonable, but on Azamara you can purchase a Premium package for $15.95 per day & then choose from these beers:

Coors Light, Miller Lite, Corona Extra, Amstel Light, Pilsner Urquell, Leffe, Carlsberg, Heineken, Stella Artois, Heineken Premium Light, Samuel Adams Boston Lager, Moretti, Estrella Damm, Guiness Draught Can, Boddingtons Pub Ale, Warsteiner, Grolsch, Murphy’s Irish Stout

... plus lots of other spirits:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/en-au/booked-guests/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

11 hours ago, Dean said:

Phil is probably referring to me as  I am the one who owns a brewery.  Please re-read my comments.  I will be  thankful for what is offered as it is included in the price of the cruise.  I was only attempting to add a little humor to the post.

Dean, I apologise for not getting the humour.  Cheers!😉

Phil

Phil,

Thank you for your comment.

Gaz1

The beer offered by Azamara for $15.95/day does not include any American craft beer.  The only American beers are from Sam Adams  Coors light and Miller light. Theses are not considered a craft beer by serious beer drinkers .  Fifteen years ago, Premium beers were considered European brewed.  Today that has changed. Cruise ships and Airlines have not adapted to this new reality..  Hopefully, Azamara (and others) will realize that they are behind the curve and update their selections to include some American and other countries newer additions to the market place.

It looks as if I will be limiting my drinking to Newcastle draft.

Dean

Please note that Becks beer that is sourced (acquired) in the USA is brewed in the USA and tastes different than the same name beer that is brewed Germany and sold outside the USA. Upgrading to a drinks package is viable solution to the beer choice problem (provided you can cost justify it based on your planned liquor consumption).

This drink issue is obviously on-going and confusing!

I wasn't confused when boarding - due to participation here, I knew to request "with included spirits" when ordering a "suspicious" drink - a mojito.  At sail away, above the Pool Bar, I requested a "mojito with included spirits". The server was totally okay with the order - the delivered drink was a perfect mojito!  I was pleased.  

I next ordered a mojito at the Pool Bar - in person. The bartender requested my card.  I said "with included spirits" -- he was totally non-plussed, pulled a sour face and went off. The delivered drink was terrible -- bitter, full of rum and mint and pretty much nothing else.  I returned it to the barman.  I tried later at the Sunset Bar - again the waiter requested my card and I reminded him I said "with included spirits". The drink delivered was, again, terrible - lemon (rather than lime), bitter, no sparkle.  I returned it - and this server reported my dissatisfaction. It was a kurfuffle with the director coming and inquiring as to my satisfaction - calling in someone else to make the drink. The drink they delivered was marginally better, but still NOT the level of the first.  I tried again, later, at another bar, to get a mojito with included spirts and was disappointed against with the bar tender's attitude and a poor drink.  I didn't say anything .. just wandered off leaving my drink at the table.

My sister is a scientist so we tested our hypothesis and ordered a mojito and offered my card.  Beautiful mojito delivered -- perfect in all ways - sweet-ish, sparkling, limey, minty, rummy perfection!

I wondered if the "included spirit" being used might be suspect. I ordered a daiquiri - which is on the included list.  It was good, so I don't think the rum was the issue with the mojito.

I know what my conclusion is.  

(The attention paid to my issue is not the point of this post. I appreciate their attention but it would have been better if the matter had been solved with a good drink every time "mojito with included spirts" was ordered.  If there is only one bar tender who can make a good mojito - then it is a matter of communication and training.  But I don't think that is the issue  ....)

On 6/4/2018 at 7:07 AM, Riocca said:

0fd38f1f3609abfa8fc92328a3f49221.jpg

No it’s still on the Frozen Cocktails list.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sailed the Journey a month ago.  Bought a beverage package so I could indulge in these specialty drinks,  Funny thing was that the bartenders (at multiple locations) didn't know how to make the first two drinks I ordered - Chambord Pina Colada and Gin & Juice.  They stared at me blankly and I opened the menu and pointed out the drink.  They studied the description like they had never seen it before.  If I ordered the Gin & Juice from a waiter, they would ask me what kind of juice I wanted.  I felt like I was the first person to ever order these drinks.

8 hours ago, kcscrapper said:

This drink issue is obviously on-going and confusing!

I wasn't confused when boarding - due to participation here, I knew to request "with included spirits" when ordering a "suspicious" drink - a mojito.  At sail away, above the Pool Bar, I requested a "mojito with included spirits". The server was totally okay with the order - the delivered drink was a perfect mojito!  I was pleased.  

I next ordered a mojito at the Pool Bar - in person. The bartender requested my card.  I said "with included spirits" -- he was totally non-plussed, pulled a sour face and went off. The delivered drink was terrible -- bitter, full of rum and mint and pretty much nothing else.  I returned it to the barman.  I tried later at the Sunset Bar - again the waiter requested my card and I reminded him I said "with included spirits". The drink delivered was, again, terrible - lemon (rather than lime), bitter, no sparkle.  I returned it - and this server reported my dissatisfaction. It was a kurfuffle with the director coming and inquiring as to my satisfaction - calling in someone else to make the drink. The drink they delivered was marginally better, but still NOT the level of the first.  I tried again, later, at another bar, to get a mojito with included spirts and was disappointed against with the bar tender's attitude and a poor drink.  I didn't say anything .. just wandered off leaving my drink at the table.

My sister is a scientist so we tested our hypothesis and ordered a mojito and offered my card.  Beautiful mojito delivered -- perfect in all ways - sweet-ish, sparkling, limey, minty, rummy perfection!

I wondered if the "included spirit" being used might be suspect. I ordered a daiquiri - which is on the included list.  It was good, so I don't think the rum was the issue with the mojito.

I know what my conclusion is.  

(The attention paid to my issue is not the point of this post. I appreciate their attention but it would have been better if the matter had been solved with a good drink every time "mojito with included spirts" was ordered.  If there is only one bar tender who can make a good mojito - then it is a matter of communication and training.  But I don't think that is the issue  ....)

I do apologize for this inconsistency! I will share your posted observations with our Hotel Mgmt. But I know the first question they will want to know is which ship you were on and the date of departure.

Just off the Journey November 24, 2018 cruise.  We had the Ultimate Beverage Package and found the alcohol choice were limited but good.  Good gin and vodka available for martini's: I prefer Hendricks and DW was happy with Belvedere or Titos or Kettle One. 

Found Sparkling and Champagne choices limited but excellent: Nicolas Feuilatte, Brut, Chouilly (France), Santa Elvira, Prosecco, Extra Dy, Treviso (Italy), Domaine Chandon, Brut, Classic (California) 

We also enjoy white and dry rose wine .White Wine: Wairau River, Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough (New Zealand), The Seeker, Chardonnay (California), Bertani Velante, Pinot Grigio, Venezie Giulia (Italy), Selbach "Fish Label", Riesling Kabinett, Mosel (Germany), Gérard Bertrand Réserve
Spéciale, Viognier, Pays d'Oc (France)  We were disappointed in the choices of white wines especially only one Chardonnay and although ok felt it feel below what should be on Ultimate package and thought they would have a better choice available.  The Rose although only 2 choices: Beringer, White Zinfandel (California), Caves D'Esclans "Whispering Angel", Rosé, Côtes de Provence (France)  should satisfy most.  I don't care for Beringer as is sweet but some people that prefer sweet is a good choice and the Whispering Angel is an excellent rose.  Can't really speak to reds as don't drink to often.

Art