UBP - Can I request unopened beer(s)?

kopiko

I've seen a million questions about UBP, but not this one: using our UBP, can DW and I go to Topsiders (or any other bar onboard) and ask for a couple of unopened beers so we can take back to the room and enjoy later??

I've seen a million questions about UBP, but not this one: using our UBP, can DW and I go to Topsiders (or any other bar onboard) and ask for a couple of unopened beers so we can take back to the room and enjoy later??

You can ask, they’ll probably say no. I had a bartender who would do this, but I tipped him well the entire cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can ask, they’ll probably say no. I had a bartender who would do this, but I tipped him well the entire cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came here to say this...

If you get the larger size budlights in those aluminium bottles with the twist off caps, they will open them but leave the cap so you can close it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Or bottles of Grolsch, if you like it, with swing top stoppers. They had these on the Epic but it was a couple of years ago.

Guest phd1003
Me too, but also to tell the OP to bring a bottle opener.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it has a corkscrew - Security will confiscate it during screening...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Guest phd1003
Really?? Why?? Unless it has the knife blade type cork screw.
We got one while on Vacation in the Pocono Mtns. And wife never took it out of her Bag...Going thru security in Boston they kept rescreening her bag and asked if there were any weapons. She said not that she knew of and gave them consent to search. That is what they targeted. Simple corkscrew/bottle opener - no knife or cutting surface. The year before that she got busted with a small pair of scissors.

We got one while on Vacation in the Pocono Mtns. And wife never took it out of her Bag...Going thru security in Boston they kept rescreening her bag and asked if there were any weapons. She said not that she knew of and gave them consent to search. That is what they targeted. Simple corkscrew/bottle opener - no knife or cutting surface. The year before that she got busted with a small pair of scissors.

Yes Chicago security took my little simple corkscrew also as I forgot it in my bag :)

Yes Chicago security took my little simple corkscrew also as I forgot it in my bag :)

And yet, I flew out of Atlanta to Denver recently, and discovered my Leatherman in the bottom of my briefcase when I got there. Mailed it home, as I didn't want to chance it sliding thru again.

Or bottles of Grolsch, if you like it, with swing top stoppers. They had these on the Epic but it was a couple of years ago.

They had Grolsch on the Escape last February, but didn't have it on the Sun last month. Maybe it's ship size, maybe it's the port, maybe it's just hit or miss.