Charter Group on Board????

mfabz

How can you find out if there is a charter group on board your sailing? We are looking at a sailing for February 2020 and there are only a handful of cabins left.

I know this has been discussed before. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

You can try googling that ship name and date but you might not get any hits.

I’ve been on February cruises that had 500 customers of a German travel agency. I doubt if it would have shown up in any English language search.

I’ve also been on cruises with four or five fairly large groups (100-150 people) that wouldn’t have popped up in search. A family group, for instance, wouldn’t show up on a Google search.

But if a travel agency has blocked a bunch of rooms in hopeif selling them later, you might be able to find that.

It seems that nearly every sailing has a large group on it, from insurance salesman to a knitting club to Harley Davidson owners but most of these are closed groups and you can’t join them even if you find out about them. In February or March there is a motorcycle club that seems to always book the same cruise we are on. They bring their bikes and have get-togethers with bike owners on the various islands

In addition to theme cruises for cruise lines' regular customers, the following website also has info on many cruises that have large special interest groups in addition to regular passengers.

http://themecruisefinder.com/

Note: you can use their advanced search and enter items such as cruise line, ship, month year to see if your intended cruise may have such groups. However, there is no guarantee that all large groups on a particular cruise have been registered on this website.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

It seems that nearly every sailing has a large group on it, from insurance salesman to a knitting club to Harley Davidson owners but most of these are closed groups and you can’t join them even if you find out about them. In February or March there is a motorcycle club that seems to always book the same cruise we are on. They bring their bikes and have get-togethers with bike owners on the various islands

So true, I can't think of one cruise I've been on in the last few years where didn't have multiple groups on board. Last TA we had a few hundred Chinese folks for some type of thing, one before that 100 bicyclists, ~50 German couples on a Antarctic trip, etc etc etc

Googling your ship/date/charter may find it. I just googled Celebrity Cruise Charter February 2020 and found a few. Here is one.

Motorcycle Cruise (2/02-14) 2020

February 2, 2020 - February 14, 2020

Celebrity Silhouette (FLL), Port Everglades, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33132 United States

ETA MOTORCYCLE CRUISE Celebrity’s Silhouette Nights: 12 nights Caribbean Itinerary Itinerary: Ft Lauderdale, At Sea(2), St Croix®, Antigua®, St Lucia®, Barbados®, Grenada, St Vincent®, St Kitts®, At Sea(2), Ft Lauderdale Description: BIKE SPOTS OPEN!!

Our first Celebrity Cruise had 500 Brazilian Solicitors and partners onboard. Benefits were the pools were less busy on sea days, they all ate together on late seating and we were select and they had allocated bars leaving other bars less busy. Downside was some ventures were closed off for them at times and they tended to travel en masse and were quite loud so lifts could be taken over and the buffet was a struggle if they were in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our first Celebrity Cruise had 500 Brazilian Solicitors and partners onboard. Benefits were the pools were less busy on sea days, they all ate together on late seating and we were select and they had allocated bars leaving other bars less busy. Downside was some ventures were closed off for them at times and they tended to travel en masse and were quite loud so lifts could be taken over and the buffet was a struggle if they were in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had several hundred teenage Brazilian debutants, same thing except for them using the bars.

All sailings have "groups"...EVERY single one! 99% of the time, you won't notice them...and more often than not, the "group" doesn't know the other members, either.

A "charter" is generally a full ship and no one outside of that group is allowed to book. Don't worry...it will be fine.

Try this https://www.cruisetimetables.com/ then click on the tab at the top labeled "cruise ships". next click on the ship name and then on the date. That specific cruise will come up. If it says "more details at Celebrity" it is probably not a charter, at least now. If it says "more details at...." it probably is a charter. For example, the Celebrity Infinity cruise for 1/10/19 says "more details at Groove Cruise" hence a charter. Hope this is useful.