Electronic coffee cards...now on Grand

tcdcruiser

I was trying to tip toe around calling out this lady for sharing her card for the brewed coffee. That would only irritate the poster and cause a bunch of flames.

Not sure if you are referring to me or not. We have only ever used our coffee card for cappuccinos. There is a punch for each one and in the past has been allowable. I have never had brewed coffee using a coffee card. I use hot water from room service to make "brewed" coffee in our cabin.

Princess responded to me on their Facebook page saying you can buy as many specialty coffees as you wish (up to the 15) with the new package system so there’s no worries about sharing that way. Phew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know.

All this talk about the Coffee Card, and getting brewed coffee with it. Does this mean that coffee is not included on Princess? This will be my first Princess Cruise, and I am just wondering what type of coffee they serve without the coffee card, and how much is the coffee card? It is not on my Cruise Personalizer as an option like the other beverage packages.

Depends upon the ship. The big ones serve brewed everywhere.. all the others serve from a syrup. However, for me, I like getting a coffee in the pm (yea, caffeine free... go ahead, kill me) so it's just as much of a convenience as it is a taste thing.

I am sorry if I am asking a Q that has already been covered...apologies...

My wife and I each have purchased a coffee "card"..It is my hat to get up in the am and go get us lattes I hope I can use her card and sign for her as well as use my card.

John

Princess responded to me on their Facebook page saying you can buy as many specialty coffees as you wish (up to the 15) with the new package system so there’s no worries about sharing that way. Phew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also specifically said you could share the "punches" even though they are now electronic.

So, according to what they say --- IF DH gets up before me, he can take my card to the IC get a couple of coffee's and sign for them and bring them back to the cabin?

Only if they are the specialty (starbucks type) coffees....at least the way I understand it. Now, if you each have a coffee package and he has your card as well as his own card, then he can get two brewed coffees

No' date=' I am not saying that it is OK to share the coffee or tea on the coffee card. I was trying to tip toe around calling out this lady for sharing her card for the brewed coffee. That would only irritate the poster and cause a bunch of flames.

MY understanding is that the brewed coffee, premium tea, and hot chocolate is supposed to be for one person on the cruise that the card was purchased on. The specialty drinks, in the past, could be used by anyone on that cruise or a future cruise.

There is a part of this electronic thing that really worries me. My daughter is mobility impaired. It is far easier for me to get her a soda on her soda and more package than to have her put on her braces in order to go to a bar. Princess has never had a problem with this. We are not sharing--in fact I cannot have the carbonation for a medical reason. I am being the go-fer. But if they have gone to need to swipe the cruise card to use a "coffee" card, swiping for the "soda and more" can't be far behind. And at that point, will I be unable to use her card to get a soda for her? On some lines, the security photo can be seen any time the card is swiped, so they would clearly know that I am not the card holder.[/quote']

It should be the same as my husband getting me a cocktail and taking my cruise card when he gets it. It gets swiped and they have never questioned him or turned him down.

Thanks for that link. Here is one line I find interesting.

• Cards that have been purchased from secondary sources, other than Princess Cruises, altered, tampered with, photocopied or are expired will be retained by the vessel at their sole discretion and are considered void.

How can they tell if a card is purchased from a secondary source? I just purchased one from someone on one of the facebook Princess groups for a July cruise. Has no sail date on it, and expires 12/2018. Obviously, they can look up my profile and know I did not purchase it from Princess on that sailing, but would they really look further and see I have never purchased one?

No' date=' I am not saying that it is OK to share the coffee or tea on the coffee card. I was trying to tip toe around calling out this lady for sharing her card for the brewed coffee. That would only irritate the poster and cause a bunch of flames.

MY understanding is that the brewed coffee, premium tea, and hot chocolate is supposed to be for one person on the cruise that the card was purchased on. The specialty drinks, in the past, could be used by anyone on that cruise or a future cruise.

There is a part of this electronic thing that really worries me. My daughter is mobility impaired. It is far easier for me to get her a soda on her soda and more package than to have her put on her braces in order to go to a bar. Princess has never had a problem with this. We are not sharing--in fact I cannot have the carbonation for a medical reason. I am being the go-fer. But if they have gone to need to swipe the cruise card to use a "coffee" card, swiping for the "soda and more" can't be far behind. And at that point, will I be unable to use her card to get a soda for her? On some lines, the security photo can be seen any time the card is swiped, so they would clearly know that I am not the card holder.[/quote']

Why don't you just buy the package, retrieve the drink and give it to her? In this case since your daughter is mobility impaired (really sorry about that), it would be completely conceivable for you to do this to assist her. It's easier and less complicated to put it on your card than on hers and then create the confusion each time you retrieve a drink -- unless you like your life complicated and like to create confusion?

Husband and I always share the coffee card for specialty drinks...never use it for brewed coffee...hope we can continue to share the new package on our cruise card.

Two nice things about this change...only one card to carry instead of two....and not running the risk of losing your coffee card!

Why don't you just buy the package, retrieve the drink and give it to her? In this case since your daughter is mobility impaired (really sorry about that), it would be completely conceivable for you to do this to assist her. It's easier and less complicated to put it on your card than on hers and then create the confusion each time you retrieve a drink -- unless you like your life complicated and like to create confusion?

We were trying to be straightforward and honest--the sodas were for her, so bought on her card. It will be confusing either way as she will also want soda at meals. If it is on my card, we are asking the server to procure it on my card and serve it to her. I've never been turned down at any bar. On our first Princess cruise we went to a bar together and explained the situation to the bar tender; haven't bothered with that since. If I'm ever turned down, I'll take it up with Passenger Services; I'm sure they can make it work.

FYI it is now being implemented on the Star too. We sail her tomorrow and I had purchased a coffee card for my DH. At the time of purchase it ask me to designate who it was for (this was about a week ago). Today he got an email explaining the new paperless system of it being electronically scanned and an offer that if this is not acceptable he can cancel the purchase once onboard tomorrow for a full refund. As he’s the coffee drinker only, this new system is not a problem for us. It’s actually easier to not have to keep track of another card.

I am on the Royal now and was told yesterday that the current sailing is the last one that paper cards will be sold on. The electronic coffee card program starts after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since you are on-board ship now...I have a question that I have not been able to fins an answer to. I do not drink coffee, but I love buying Tea Lattes. At Starbucks, I order a London Fog Tea Latte that is made with 2 Earl Grey tea bag half tea, half warm 2% frothy milk & shots of vanilla. Could you ask if they can make tea beverages like that on-board ship? I don't want to waste $35.00 on a coffee card if I can't get tea lattes!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, in advance, for asking for me!

~Margo

We were trying to be straightforward and honest--the sodas were for her' date=' so bought on her card. It will be confusing either way as she will also want soda at meals. If it is on my card, we are asking the server to procure it on my card and serve it to her. I've never been turned down at any bar. On our first Princess cruise we went to a bar together and explained the situation to the bar tender; haven't bothered with that since. If I'm ever turned down, I'll take it up with Passenger Services; I'm sure they can make it work.[/quote']

We have never had a problem, I really can’t see how electronic changes anything from the sticker. I too have mobility issues and Mrs Gut will often toddle off and get me a drink, using my Card, NEVER had an issue. EVER.

• 1 month later...

Can someone tell me how they handle me exchanging my free bar setup for coffee cards? They used to just give us two cards (so I have a back log of the paper ones) but my husband doesn't drink coffee, will they set it up one for each of us, or put them both on his card or mine?

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have a copy of the menu for the specialty coffee on the Grande.  I’m purchasing the alcohol drink package and my mom the coffee package.  After dinner on Disney for example they have Irish coffees or chocolate coffee martinis while she can get coffee.  Does princess Grand have these options?

thanks

3 hours ago, Bdarlin said:

Does anyone have a copy of the menu for the specialty coffee on the Grande.  I’m purchasing the alcohol drink package and my mom the coffee package.  After dinner on Disney for example they have Irish coffees or chocolate coffee martinis while she can get coffee.  Does princess Grand have these options?

thanks

Check this thread; there are photos of the menu posted in it:

Edited by rdsqrl